Home
Posted By: tmitch Ruger 22/45 Lite vs Buckmark - 07/06/15
Been shopping around for a new .22 semi auto to screw on the back end of a suppressor I'll be getting in a couple months. Was thinking the Ruger 22/45 Lite was THE one, but while at my LGS today the salesman showed me a used Browning Buckmark they just got in that has a Tactical Solutions threaded barrel plus the original barrel, 6 extra mags & scope rail at an attractive price. No bones about it, I'm not a Browning fan for a variety of reasons, but as the salesman pointed out the Buckmark is U.S. made. I've never shot a Buckmark nor do I know anyone that has one. This will be my designated suppressor gun, I already have a couple MKIIs, a 5.5" bull and a Gov't Target. What's your opinions, is the BM worth consideration or stick with the Ruger?
My Dad and Uncle both have the 5.5" Buckmarks and love them. Dad's is the slabside, uncles is round heavy barrel. Both are scary accurate and both have been reliable for over 10 years now.
Don't know if it's endemic to the gun, but my friend's 22/45 lite will not shoot as well as my 5" Bull Ruger. It could be balance. Don't know. But it sure is lite.
Posted By: Cinch Re: Ruger 22/45 Lite vs Buckmark - 07/07/15
Take a look at the Volquartsen Scorpion. I went from the Ruger 22/45 Lite to the Volquartsen and I'll never go back. There's a handful on Gunbroker right now. They're more money, but extremely accurate.

[Linked Image]
Cinch,
I'd never seen one of those Volquartsen's. Thanks for posting.
I'd get the Browning.

Which model is it? And what are they asking?

Travis
Posted By: RWE Re: Ruger 22/45 Lite vs Buckmark - 07/07/15
I like the browning.

My daughter especially likes those dayglo sights on top.

I think the Ruger is prethreaded; my browning isn't, but drop ins are an easy acquisition.
I have both. I'd take the Browning...
Posted By: TWR Re: Ruger 22/45 Lite vs Buckmark - 07/07/15
The Buckmark you have found would be my choice, the Ruger will need a trigger more than likely.

I have both with TacSol barrels, the Ruger has a Volquartsen trigger as well. Both shoot good but I have more money in the Ruger.
I'm not up on the different models of Buckmarks, but looking on Gunbroker I'd say it's a "Camper" similar to the picture below. (don't have a pic of the actual gun) It's set up now with a 4" Tac Sol threaded barrel, which sell for $200+ alone, and includes the original barrel, 6 mags, scope rail & case. I can get it for $365, a bit less than a new 22/45 Lite w/2 mags would cost.
One other option I've considered is a Volquartsen or Tac Sol upper to install on one of my MKII frames, but that's getting close to the price of a complete gun, more in the case of the Volq.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TWR Re: Ruger 22/45 Lite vs Buckmark - 07/07/15
My Buckmark is the URX model but they all are pretty much the same I wouldn't hesitate to buy the deal you've found.
[Linked Image][/URL]
Tmitch: I have been very happy with the 4 Browning BuckMark pistols I own.
They are reliable feeders, have nice (very nice!) triggers and are accurate.
None of my Browning BuckMarks or Ruger Mark III's have suppressors though.
Best of luck to you and if that BuckMark is indeed "attractively priced" then I would give it a try.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Well, I went with the consensus and brought it home. Pretty nice setup, although I'd rather have irons and an optics rail at the same time. Looks like I'll have to get a Tac Sol rail for that so this will have to do for now. I'll wait till I ring it out before I start acce$$orizing. Can't wait for my tax stamp to come through to run it with a can. Thanks for the input guys!

[Linked Image]
Cinch,

Where did you get your Volquartsen?

Has it been 100%?

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
Cinch,

Has it been 100%?

Travis

I bought it directly from Nic Volquartsen. And I have 2 other friends that have snagged identicle ones since. I've put over 2000 rounds through mine with 100% function. And that is with any random ammo I can score. I've cleaned it once about 200 rounds ago. Let me know if you want his email...
I went with the steel upper 22/45 with the threaded barrel. The 22/45 was just a bit too light for me. I've been happy with that choice.
Originally Posted by Cinch
Originally Posted by deflave
Cinch,

Has it been 100%?

Travis

I bought it directly from Nic Volquartsen. And I have 2 other friends that have snagged identicle ones since. I've put over 2000 rounds through mine with 100% function. And that is with any random ammo I can score. I've cleaned it once about 200 rounds ago. Let me know if you want his email...

I want his e-mail. Grin...

Travis
me, too......

Why, that ... that's just beautiful.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Why, that ... that's just beautiful.

[Linked Image]

Thanks man... For me it was well worth the money. At 50 yards off sand bags this thing will stack 10 rounds you can cover with a dime. I will be getting another one. And a Volquartsen rifle.
Originally Posted by TWR
My Buckmark is the URX model but they all are pretty much the same I wouldn't hesitate to buy the deal you've found.
[Linked Image][/URL]

What model Gemtech is that suppressor, and how do you like it?
Posted By: TWR Re: Ruger 22/45 Lite vs Buckmark - 07/08/15
Outback II D, it works fine and is easy to clean but it is old technology for the price. It weighs next to nothing though and puts a smile on everyone's face that shoots it.

If I was doing it again, I'd find one that uses the newer one piece baffle design. Makes it easier to clean and 22's need lots of cleaning.
Well, I bought a Gemtech suppressor back in May. Just waiting on my stamp to show up. It does have a one piece baffle though. Can't remember now what model it is.

I know it isn't an outback or outback II, however.

Cinch,
I would like Nic's email, too.

Beautiful gun, BTW.

Thanks,
LD
Two of my friends here have Buckmark .22 pistols with suppressors. They prefer them to Rugers.

I don't have any suppressors so go by what they claim.

L.W.
I am suprised the lean to the Buckmark
They are both good stuff
Hank
© 24hourcampfire