Home
Posted By: domit engraved 1911 carry - 08/31/15
need good holster for engraved 1911 sunday go to meeting / b b q gun. dont need the finish on top of engraving coming off to bad.
That's easy.

Milt Sparks 1AT.

I got married with a 70 series Colt 1911A1 in a brown basket weave 1AT, with matching double mag pouch under my tux jacket.

Eventually I had a brown basket weave magazine pouch made as well. Gorgeous to this day. Very Old School Cool.
Posted By: EdM Re: engraved 1911 carry - 08/31/15
I would give Mike Barranti a call.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: engraved 1911 carry - 08/31/15
Pretty much any leather holster is going to wear the bluing on the slide to some degree, especially on the front edges.

If you don't want any slide wear, a Crossbreed or similar knock off is the least damaging to the slide, IMO.

In leather holsters, I like Brommeland & Sparks; Brommeland a little better as the leather is thinner & it has a little more cant.

Here's a Brommeland Max Con V with a Dan Wesson Guardian (4.25" barrel).

MM
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Steelhead Re: engraved 1911 carry - 08/31/15
This one is always a hit at BBQ's, if you can pull it off.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GunGeek Re: engraved 1911 carry - 08/31/15
You'll want a lined holster, that leads you to El Paso Saddlery. And for a BBQ gun, you need the floral carved 1930 Austin.
Posted By: 4ager Re: engraved 1911 carry - 09/01/15
We need pics of the pistol (and of the person carrying the pistol in Steelhead's post) in order to give better answers.
Posted By: Homesteader Re: engraved 1911 carry - 09/01/15
Steelie - nice looking model BUT sure isn't Pike Bishop, Dutch Engstrom or Lyle Gorch (thank God)...LOL. Homesteader
© 24hourcampfire