Home
Posted By: rattler new toy - 09/25/15
haven't had a new gun in awhile so figured this SP101 in 327 Federal would be nice as an early birthday present to myself.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: T LEE Re: new toy - 09/25/15
Nice, my buddy had one and it shot very well. His son-in-law claimed it after he passed, smart move.
Posted By: Snake River Marksman Re: new toy - 09/25/15
327 Federal?
Nice looking revolver!!
Posted By: rattler Re: new toy - 09/25/15
yeah....had Ruger on my mind for some reason and fingers typed it instead grin ....i edited it..
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: new toy - 09/25/15

Nice!
Posted By: 4ager Re: new toy - 09/25/15
You've done well, Grasshopper... wink
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: new toy - 09/25/15
If I didn't have access to a damned fine 32 H&R magnum, I'd need one of those too.

Nice snag, Rattler.
gonna have to swap out the grips, lil small for my hand....double action is heavy and a lil gritty but the single pull is nice...
Hogue makes a set that will let you hang your pinky finger on board. As for the DA, you can always clip a coil or two and I've never seen a centerfire Ruger revolver that didn't benefit from beaucoup dry fire.

sit and shoot idiots on TV....got it grin
Double check for empty cylinder though. It gets expensive otherwise.
left the box of ammo in another room on purpose crazy gonna have to get some dies and load up some lead though.....local shop just has the Federal 100 grain JSP's....looks like there is a fair number of bullets out there to play with....

not even sure why the 327 interests me so much...lil on the light side for anything but a perfect shot on deer....for similar size i would rather pack my 1911 for CCW....but it ought to be fun for popping gophers and jackrabbits with not to mention no recoil rock killing...
few hours of absentmindedly pulling the trigger then tearing it apart and oiling everything really good again and most the grittyness is gone....still heavy...will either trim the spring like you suggest Joel or a Wolf spring kit is sub $10....not sure which i'll try first...
Posted By: bcolorado Re: new toy - 09/25/15
That will be a good one

Enjoy...
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: new toy - 09/25/15
Nice gun. Try a Hogue grip. Thank me later. Makes a Huge Difference.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: new toy - 09/26/15
Yep, as mentioned, get some Hogue's, comfortable, slim, and cheap. They do smooth up after a lot of dry firing. I really like the 4.2" SP101 but don't have one in 327 Fed. Enjoy it!
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: new toy - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by rattler
haven't had a new gun in awhile so figured this SP101 in 327 Federal would be nice as an early birthday present to myself.

[Linked Image]
Very nice indeed. Lots of versatility in terms of cartridges, too. Do they still make this revolver?
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: new toy - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
327 Federal?
Nice looking revolver!!
it's a .32 H&R Magnum on steroids. Can, in fact, accept .32 H&R Magnum and .32 S&W Long.
Posted By: rattler Re: new toy - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by rattler

[Linked Image]
Very nice indeed. Lots of versatility in terms of cartridges, too. Do they still make this revolver?

its on Rugers site, had my local shop order it in for me and had to wait a couple weeks cause none of their suppliers had one in stock...
Posted By: rattler Re: new toy - 09/26/15
after 30 some rounds yeah im getting the Hogue grip, this one sucks for my hands.....and compared to my 1911 it really explodes water bottles grin
Posted By: local_dirt Re: new toy - 09/26/15
Nice looking piece, rattler. Happy Birthday, BTW. I really like that round.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: new toy - 10/02/15
Saw one of these used at LGS yesterday for sale.
Posted By: 4ager Re: new toy - 10/02/15
Handled one a month back. Still Jonesing...
Posted By: rattler Re: new toy - 10/03/15
As Joel and others have said the Hogue grip makes it much better, actually fits my hand now....
i have both bullet weight and high velocity now grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: local_dirt Re: new toy - 10/03/15
Nice family pic, rattler. How'd you get the Hogue Mono so fast up there in the Hinterland? Swap flave o' flave for a 20 lb bag of rice? smile

Kidding aside, Hogue's look good. The one I saw in my LGS still had the originals on it, too. Loved the gun. Didn't like the grips. Thought they felt "needy".
Found it at Shiptons Big R in Billings.....did a big loop through the state(and part of Wyoming) Wednesday through today.....my 1911 was down in Cody, WY till i picked it up Thursday evening after which i drove to Helena grin
© 24hourcampfire