Home
Posted By: Citori16 Browning Buckmark 22 - 11/19/15
A fellow at range was shooting a Buckmark 22. Seemed like a nice accurate low cost 22auto. I was checking gun out on Brownings website and their instructions seem to recommend gun be cleaned from front of barrel w/o disassembly. Anyone have one; disassembly really discouraged?
Posted By: JGray Re: Browning Buckmark 22 - 11/19/15
I have one, but it was a recent purchase and haven't taken it down. I ran a bore snake through it out of the box and haven't touched it since. I'll probably continue with the bore snake for any future cleanings.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Browning Buckmark 22 - 11/19/15
It is fairly easy to remove the barrel. With the breech open on both sides it is pretty easy to clean without complete takedown.
Posted By: CraigC Re: Browning Buckmark 22 - 11/20/15
I've had a Standard for 26yrs and a Bullseye model for nearly that long. Many a critter has fallen to them. They're excellent pistols and my preference over the Ruger MK-series. They are easy to take down and it is easy to pull the barrel but there's absolutely no reason to. The bores of .22LR's shouldn't be cleaned anyway but it's easy enough to run a couple patches from the muzzle and anyone who knows what they're doing should be able to do that without damaging the crown.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deflave Re: Browning Buckmark 22 - 11/21/15
I have one and the manual discourages any attempt to take it apart.

Which only makes me like it more because I'm lazy as fugk.

Travis
Posted By: Citori16 Re: Browning Buckmark 22 - 11/22/15
I clean my revolvers from front so I realize it can be done. Just seems that Browning advertising and instructions for gun give reader a negative impression. After cautioning against disassembly, they even go on to say that buyer should realize any mechanical device will wear out and don't be surprised when it does. Browning needs to hire some better PR people.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Browning Buckmark 22 - 11/22/15
If you can turn a screw, nothin to it.

Posted By: Buzzsaw Re: Browning Buckmark 22 - 11/29/15
pull through if needed
Posted By: Buzzsaw Re: Browning Buckmark 22 - 11/29/15
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

me too
Posted By: RoadRunner65 Re: Browning Buckmark 22 - 11/29/15
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

You should get a Smith & Wesson 22A-1 Super easy to disassemble and clean. The wife has a Browning Buckmark and I have the Smith. Both shoot excellent with out any hiccups for years.

© 24hourcampfire