Home
Has anyone seen the Majestic arms rear cover plate for Glock?
We have all seen many rear slide plates with flags verses and pictures

Majestic has one that has a fine line arrow that points to the sights on the gun. They had one installed on a 19 and I pulled it up quite a few times and my eye seemed to move right up to the main sight picture.The manufacture seemed to feel after using the ones with pics etc it was slowing down the process of getting on sight.
It seemed to work (I guess it could be suggestive selling but..)

I did order 3 of the for Glocks
The have others coming out for M&P

Anyone seen them or used one?

Hank

Here is an update
I got them today
I am looking forward to range time to see if it works as good as I think
They also make these for the M&P line

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hank
I'm pretty sure that's there to make sure the hood rats don't tip the gun to the side.
Makes it look like you need to drift your sights back to the Left a jag....
Is that supposed to be serious? Goofy... If you need that to find your sights you need training and practice.
I think I do I never noticed it before but they have a touch of movement
maybe a small piece of duct tape

Hank
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

I've got some to the right like that in order to zero with 147 gr bullets!

Mike
Se people will do anything to keep from practicing.
I have one that says "This side up, front toward enemy" just to remind me what's what.
Originally Posted by K1500
I have one that says "This side up, front toward enemy" just to remind me what's what.

That's a Claymore, not a Glock! Easy to mistake- a bunch of metal encased in plastic.
I do my best to avoid anything on the rear sights. I run plain black on the rear and a front sight that looks like a lighthouse. I want to be able to drive that front sight with no additional distractions.
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Mike

I don't doubt you, but I'm surprised a heavy bullet gives you a need for a windage adjustment.
Boatboy, are you right handed?
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Mike

I don't doubt you, but I'm surprised a heavy bullet gives you a need for a windage adjustment.

Suprised me too!

I have a 17 and 19 that way, had shot two IDPA matches before checking zero and discovered why I was a little off at 20-25 yrds. At 15 yrds was shooting 6" left.

Mike
Sorry for hijacking but will also add that I warned Glock about it when taking them in too have the springs/triggers updated and whatever else they do too them when servicing.

I knew they test fired all of them so told them that unless using Montana Gold 147 gr loads or equivalent they would probably hit to the right to leave the sights alone please and of course they did.

Funny how things work sometimes.

Mike
Originally Posted by boatboy
They had one installed on a 19 and I pulled it up quite a few times and my eye seemed to move right up to the main sight picture.

Man, I'm glad I saw that! Until now, my eyes have just wandered around the back of the pistol trying to figure out WTF they were supposed to do next! An arrow pointing to the sights would help so much!
I have no problem with how others want to customize/modify/monkey with their own guns as long as they remain safe!

Heck some people take perfectly good antlers and make grips out of them!!

Mike
© 24hourcampfire