Home
Posted By: Citori16 Colt or Ruger S/A 22? - 04/28/16
Working myself up to an old model S/A 22. Appreciate thoughts on old 3screw Ruger vs. an older Colt New Frontier. Want adjustable sights; extra cylinder would be nice but most interested in 22LR. Want older traditional trigger w/o safety add ons. Like the case clor of Colt, but 3 screw 357 & 41mag Rugers have served me well. Price no object as I know Colt will be best investment. Thoughts appreciated.
Posted By: BobWills Re: Colt or Ruger S/A 22? - 04/28/16
If you want the best, most adaptable shooter, get the Ruger. If you want a "pretty Revolver," get the Colt. If you want to make an investment, buy land.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Colt or Ruger S/A 22? - 04/29/16
Hard to go wrong with either.

Fit and finish will be better on the Colt.

I have to say that the most accurate .22 I ever owned was a Colt Scout. My eyes were a bit better back then, but I could hit beer cans at 100 yards with it.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Colt or Ruger S/A 22? - 04/29/16
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Colt or Ruger S/A 22? - 04/29/16
If you want a Ruger 3 screw single six and adjustable sights you will have to track down a super single six. The fixed sights are not detrimental to accuracy so don't let that get in the way of a purchase.

I love these little guns and just bought my 13 year old daughter a possibly unfired single six with the hard to find 4 5/8" barrel and XR3 frame. It was shipped in 1962.

I bought my son a 3 screw convertible when he was 13.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Colt or Ruger S/A 22? - 04/29/16
I personally would take the Colt. The Ruger is a fantastic revolver, but the Colt has all the quality of a Ruger, and it's good looking to boot.
© 24hourcampfire