Home
Posted By: Lobo80 Holster for a Glock - 05/25/16
I just ordered two holsters for my new G19 from Midway USA. A Galco KingTuk and a KingTuk 2 I'm left handed I thought I was lucky to find them.

Is there a better holster for a Glock?

The Tuk2 has a mag pouch which I thought might be handy at times. It says it'll fit the G 17,19,26,22,23 and 27

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Owl Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/25/16
I have a few Glocks. I really have enjoyed the Galco Fletch.

I have two of them. One for the G21 and one for the G17.

They're 20 years old, have held up well and have lots of years left in them.

The reason why I chose them ? They have the same style thumb snap as my duty gear had when I was active in LE.

I hope that your KingTuk serve's you as well as my Fletch has served me.

Galco sells a great product in my opinion.

Jeff

Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/25/16
Milt Sparks Criterion. Functional art.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lobo80 Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/25/16
This LH Bianchi 100 IWB looks pretty good.. cool

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/25/16
I occsaionally use a Summer Special type iwb from a local maker (D.A. Leonard) when using leather but 95% of the time it is a Blackpoint Tactical wing hybrid iwb.

[Linked Image]

For the money i really like the Blackpoint. It is kydex front and back with 2 leather wings so it has great retention but rides very comfortably. Each wing has 4 adjustment eyelets to set cant to individual preference.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/25/16
Originally Posted by Lobo80

[Linked Image]

It may look good, but I can see from the design that it will collapse when the gun is drawn from it, thereby making reholstering difficult. I do not like the prospect of having to force a Glock back into a holster.
Posted By: deflave Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/25/16
The reload being on the same side as that auto seems a bit odd.

Travis
Posted By: MOGC Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/25/16
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

[Linked Image]

It may look good, but I can see from the design that it will collapse when the gun is drawn from it, thereby making reholstering difficult. I do not like the prospect of having to force a Glock back into a holster.

That and the clip is directly over the thickest part of the gun making it less comfortable to wear.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/25/16
Originally Posted by deflave
The reload being on the same side as that auto seems a bit odd.

Travis

Slow and clumsy, gonna have to switch hands...

Posted By: deflave Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/25/16
You could reach across but it just doesn't seem natural.

Travis
Posted By: Joe Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/25/16
I like the Galco Combat Master for an OWB and the Alien Gear for a IWB. Use them for Glocks, CZs, and Sigs.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/25/16
I've been happy with the Galco Summer Comfort for the G17. It's a strong-side IWB.

If I decide to carry an extra magazine, I want it on the weak-side.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/25/16
I've been carrying my new G19 in a Kirkpatrick TSS (Texas Strong Side) OWB under a t-shirt or long shirt for about a month and a half now. Liking it more as time goes along and it gets broke in more.

It's got 2 treatments of Skidmore's Leather Cream under its belt now (thanks eh76). Probably give it another in a couple weeks.

Bought a double mag carrier from Kirkpatrick, too. But, I'm not digging that too much. Feels like I'm carrying a full duty belt with it on. Have been dropping 2 mags into opposite cargo shorts pockets as a result.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/25/16
Galco makes a great holster.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/26/16
I just ordered two holsters for my new G19 from Midway USA. A Galco KingTuk and a KingTuk 2 I'm left handed I thought I was lucky to find them.

Is there a better holster for a Glock?

Best is more or less in the eye of the mind.

I've got full leather holsters from Sparks, Brommeland & others, & I like them all for certain guns.

But for the Glocks, I prefer the Crossbreed type, from which the King Tuk is derived, & I like the KingTuk the best of that type of holster.

I'd be very surprised if you don't like yours.

MM
Posted By: BigChief870 Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/26/16
I use a Safariland 6378 for anything G19 size or bigger.
Posted By: Longhunter_1 Re: Holster for a Glock - 05/26/16
My Galco KingTuk holsters are due in a few days, in the mean time I've been carrying my G19 in my Crossbreed that I bought for my Springfield XDS. It doesn't fit perfect but it'll do until perfect comes. smile
© 24hourcampfire