Home
Posted By: K1500 Wilson CQB worth the scratch? - 05/26/16
Anyone have a Wilson CQB? Thinking about a used one and wondering if they are all they cracked up to be.
Heck, why not. You only live once.
When was the last time you regretted buying the best?
I guess it just all depends on what you are looking for.

I own a Wilson X-Tac & it's an excellent gun & little lower end than the CQB for options & finish.

The slide moves like it's on ball bearings, trigger is great so I haven't touched it, it's very accurate & through around 800-1,000 rounds or so, its never had a single hiccup.

I can build a 1911 or clean one up to the same level, but it won't ever have the value that the Wilson has.

Besides, the Wilson, I also have a Christensen 1911 & it also as perfect as it gets too, but for a fair amount more $$$.

If you want the Wilson & can afford it, buy it.........if you like 1911's, I think you'll be more than pleased with it.

If you really aren't a dyed-in-the wool 1911 fan, you probably will eventually have 2nd thoughts.

Wilson X-Tac

[Linked Image]

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I guess it just all depends on what you are looking for.

I own a Wilson X-Tac & it's an excellent gun & little lower end than the CQB for options & finish.

The slide moves like it's on ball bearings, trigger is great so I haven't touched it, it's very accurate & through around 800-1,000 rounds or so, its never had a single hiccup.

I can build a 1911 or clean one up to the same level, but it won't ever have the value that the Wilson has.

Besides, the Wilson, I also have a Christensen 1911 & it also as perfect as it gets too, but for a fair amount more $$$.

If you want the Wilson & can afford it, buy it.........if you like 1911's, I think you'll be more than pleased with it.

If you really aren't a dyed-in-the wool 1911 fan, you probably will eventually have 2nd thoughts.

Wilson X-Tac

[Linked Image]

MM

As always the Man from Montana nails it right on the head.
Originally Posted by K1500
Anyone have a Wilson CQB? Thinking about a used one and wondering if they are all they cracked up to be.
I'd say yes. I had a bad experience with one I ordered from Wilson, but it was a matter of bad faith on the part of the company. The gun was of first rate construction and reliable.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Wilson CQB worth the scratch? - 05/27/16
Love Wilson's guns. Love Ed Brown's. Worth it to me, but I am a bit of a 1911 snob. whistle
If you like them, go for it. It should hold its value well. Personally I find the Nighthawks a little more appealing, but that's mostly nitpicking.
Bought this one back in 2011. It was dead nutz reliable, carried well enough, and was accurate. Still, I had $2400 tied up in it. Sold it not long ago. Little XDS .45 auto does just as good a job.
[Linked Image]
Thanks for the advice. The ones I have looked at and shot were very nice indeed, but (of course) lots of $. I have some thinking to do.
My opinion is.........No.
1/3 to 1/2 the cost of the gun is for the name.
© 24hourcampfire