Home
Posted By: GunGeek IWB with no belt - 06/23/16
So a friend shows me a new holster he got, I forget the maker. It's a Kydex clip holster with leather backing that he wears IWB with no belt. He carries one of the little neutered XD .45's, but he informed me he never wears a belt with this clip on holster...I couldn't imagine not wearing a belt with an IWB holster.

So is this a thing? Are there members here who wear an IWB with no belt, and if so, how does that work?
Posted By: SargeMO Re: IWB with no belt - 06/23/16
It is insanity. Sacrifice a clean animal and hope you didn't catch it wink
Posted By: Longhunter_1 Re: IWB with no belt - 06/23/16
If I tried that I'd soon have my gun around my ankles smile
Posted By: OldRooster Re: IWB with no belt - 06/23/16
I'll bet he wears flashy boxers, unlaced sneakers and a sideways baseball cap.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: IWB with no belt - 06/23/16
No can do with my Milt Sparks IWB's, wouldn't even try it, a man could get killed fiddle dicking around like that.
Posted By: Scott F Re: IWB with no belt - 06/23/16
Nope, would not work for me.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: IWB with no belt - 06/23/16
You're friend must wear some pretty tight jeans............

MM
Posted By: TWR Re: IWB with no belt - 06/23/16
I have a kydex holster that I modified to clip on gym shorts when I run, it carries an air weight J frame. Never lost the gun nor have I pulled holster and all out. No belt needed.

I had another kydex holster that by design has 2 layers on the "clip" so no belt is needed but it needed to be modified so the clip bites in under the seam around the waist. It worked in a pinch but I prefer to wear a belt and use a J hook that clips under the belt.

I'd never try a leather holster without one though.

Look at pjholsters for IWB carry and note that he does recommend a belt.
Posted By: GaryVA Re: IWB with no belt - 06/23/16
Back in the 80s thru mid-90s, my secondary was a custom chopped and bobbed 1911. One of the holsters I used was an IWB stitched out of thin split suede leather with a strong flat spring clip that would grasp a waistband without belt. The outside texture would grip, while the inside was silicone treated so the draw was slick. I could use it with beach bum shorts having a drawstring waistband covered by a loose T-shirt. Couldn't reholster without removing.
Posted By: krupp Re: IWB with no belt - 06/23/16
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

Maybe yoga pants
Posted By: FreeMe Re: IWB with no belt - 06/23/16
Sure - I've done it.

With suspenders.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: IWB with no belt - 06/24/16
Originally Posted by gunner500
No can do with my Milt Sparks IWB's, wouldn't even try it, a man could get killed fiddle dicking around like that.

Or perforated, at the very least. If your pants have those little loops around the waist, it is necessary to put a belt through them before venturing out. Definitely before sticking your heater in your pants.
Posted By: BamBam Re: IWB with no belt - 06/24/16
Milk Sparks watch six duel talon, No longer made but without a doubt my favorite, in horsehide. I have three. Now I use Alessi watch six. Not in the same category as a milt sparks put a good holster. He has made me a few all in horsehide for me G19/27/42/43 HK VP9 sig320 I needed to trim a little leather here and there but all in all a very good serviceable holster. They are designed to be clipped on to pants with a belt over clips this being said I have used all holsters without a belt.it works but definitely more secure with belt over clips.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: IWB with no belt - 06/24/16
Nope. Seems pretty dumb.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: IWB with no belt - 06/24/16
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

'Zackly
Posted By: deflave Re: IWB with no belt - 06/25/16
He very well may carry that way but I doubt he has done much drawing and shooting that way.

Dave
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: IWB with no belt - 06/25/16
I've seen quite a few people do it in classes. 100% of the time they end up drawing gun and holster at some point.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: IWB with no belt - 06/25/16
I can carry like that when wearing my now too tight Wrangler Cowboy Cut jeans because I'm too damn fat! cry

Of course, though, that is with a 1911 carrying "Meskin" style with out a holster. cool
Posted By: acooper1983 Re: IWB with no belt - 06/26/16
you gotta be a dumb som bitch to carry un belted. unless you're running and you've rig'd up something for your shorts. I run sparks VM2's with A&G gun leather 1 1/2 bullhide belts (fantastic belt for 80$) on both my 1911 carry gun, as well as my g19 when I'm carrying a Jframe air-weight I carry messican style, the A&G belts hold it very securely for me.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: IWB with no belt - 06/26/16
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by gunner500

Or perforated, at the very least. If your pants have those little loops around the waist, it is necessary to put a belt through them before venturing out. Definitely before sticking your heater in your pants.

10-fo CT, plus, getting perforated sucks, kinda numb burns a little bit. grin
Posted By: gunner500 Re: IWB with no belt - 06/26/16
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I've seen quite a few people do it in classes. 100% of the time they end up drawing gun and holster at some point.

That would by god suck trying to do the duck lean squat separate shuffle under duress, flying blue whistlers buzzin about would create a severe amount of vacuum.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: IWB with no belt - 06/27/16
Originally Posted by deflave
He very well may carry that way but I doubt he has done much drawing and shooting that way.

Dave

I'll bet you're right there. I've never seen him shoot. He's more of a rifle kind of guy, pretty new to handguns. I gave him holster advice when he asked...and then he went ahead and ignored it all and bought a cheap holster. He'll learn...or he wont.
Posted By: ringworm Re: IWB with no belt - 06/29/16
I do it with no holster...

I often carry my Sig 938 in a soft leather holster IWB in my my shorts under a t-shirt and without a belt. Of course the shorts fit snug enough without a belt to begin with. The little Sig and holster take up whatever little slack there is and ride well. I have no problem drawing it leaving the holster in place. It's simply a matter of how snug your waistband is to begin with.
Posted By: OldRooster Re: IWB with no belt - 06/30/16
Originally Posted by ringworm
I do it with no holster...

This I can unnerstand.
© 24hourcampfire