Home
Posted By: 458 Lott Musta been a union cops gun - 06/29/16
Finally put my mdl 10 on paper

[Linked Image]

At least now I know why my first shooting session in the woods resulted in consistent misses, she done pulls hard to the left. If it's 2" off at 10 paces, don't need to stretch it out much for clean misses.

It is the first 35 bore that has done ok with the little Lee 105 gr swc, but looks like I'm going to need to give the barrel a little twist.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Musta been a union cops gun - 06/30/16
did you shoot it off a rest? I tend to shoot left myself, but its me and not the gun smile (I think my ability to see the sights has waned in recent years)
I'd simply open up the rear notch a smidgen on the right side. More light and a correct point of impact. A mite high is no problem for me.

Posted By: jimmyp Re: Musta been a union cops gun - 06/30/16
I shot 24 240 LSWC this morning plus another 18 or so 240 grain JHP from two separate 4 inch 44 magnums. Shot left with both off a bag shooting at 20 yards, 2 inches left so it's me and not the guns. One shot high and the other low I can reasonably assure everyone that I cannot shoot a pistol for chitt.

Toby
From a rest and offhand. Groups were consistently to the left of POA. With Kentucky windage I was hitting tennis ball size rocks at 10-15 paces.

I might just open up the slot, just need to do some trig to figure out how much. The elevation wasn't high, I was covering the squares with the front sight blade.
Posted By: MO2AZ Re: Musta been a union cops gun - 06/30/16
458--
Try holding it "gangsta" style....appears it ought to be about an 1.5 inch high and dead on!... laugh grin cool
You can't fire a union gun. They will strike.
© 24hourcampfire