Home
In the past I have always used FedEx. Is there a better way?

Thanks, RS
USPS, assuming you have an FFL or are using an FFL to ship.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
USPS, assuming you have an FFL or are using an FFL to ship.

^^^This^^^
Last I looked FexEx and UPS were in the $60-90 range for overnight or second day depending on how far the box was going.

USPS will be $14-19.00 plus insurance plus whatever you pay the FFL holder to ship and do the paperwork for you...

The FFLs I know around here charge $10-25.00.
My personal observation is they all kinda suck where guns are concerned.

Here's what I've also learned.

It pays to know which is best in your town, because that will be the deciding factor of who is "best". What you constantly run into is people not knowing their own internal policies regarding the shipment of guns. So what I do is I print out a copy of their own internal policies to show to the person working the counter...AND I'll have their web site pulled up on my phone in case they think I forged a document or some such nonsense (twice I've had to go to the web site, so yeah, they can get ridiculous).

And there are times (unfortunately not all that uncommon) that even armed with a copy of their own internal policies, and a copy of the FFL law, that you're sent packing. It's really frustrating.
Originally Posted by GunGeek
And there are times (unfortunately not all that uncommon) that even armed with a copy of their own internal policies, and a copy of the FFL law, that you're sent packing. It's really frustrating.

Ignorance of the law is no longer an excuse, it's the rule. That is what you encounter 99% of the time with any storefront counter help.
Been a while since I shipped a handgun, but did just a couple weeks ago.

UPS.

Dropped it off at the local seed store pick up place with the pre-printed label on 1 July and it arrived in good shape in northern ID on 6 July. If memory serves me it was $36 for their 3 day +/- delivery.

I think all the carriers are a crap shoot. But to date I've never had a problem with USPS or UPS. Haven't used FedEX, too far away.

Package the heck out of it, say your prayers, and send it.

© 24hourcampfire