Home
Posted By: EthanEdwards New stocks for Gold Cup - 08/18/16
[Linked Image]

I've had them for awhile. Nothing special, just didn't like the rubber grips that came OEM.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jimmyp Re: New stocks for Gold Cup - 08/19/16
Nice! Good to see your son shooting as well!
Posted By: jorgeI Re: New stocks for Gold Cup - 08/19/16
MUCH better.
Thanks gentlemen.
Posted By: RGK Re: New stocks for Gold Cup - 08/19/16
Roger that; I did the same thing. The older GC stocks are mucho better.
Bob

[Linked Image]
Very much so. Very nice.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
MUCH better.
I meant to get that pic taken and put on your Gold Cup thread, but have been busy haying. Now it went off page 1 so...
Posted By: Steelhead Re: New stocks for Gold Cup - 08/20/16
That's one 45 I would like to own.
Those are what should have come on it to begin with. Can't believe they came from the factory with rubber grips. Very nice.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Those are what should have come on it to begin with. Can't believe they came from the factory with rubber grips. Very nice.
Thanks.
Posted By: viking Re: New stocks for Gold Cup - 08/20/16
Did they change the hammers on the newer models. Personally I like the looks of the old school style hammers.
Yes. RGK's older Gold Cup and this National Match which is older yet, both have the old style hammer.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: local_dirt Re: New stocks for Gold Cup - 08/21/16
I'd like to own one, too. But I'm reluctant to buggar one up with a LH safety.
I remember back in the 1970s and '80s when the vaunted name of Colt Cold Cup was only uttered in hushed tones.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I remember back in the 1970s and '80s when the vaunted name of Colt Cold Cup was only uttered in hushed tones.
Personally, I think it's a "best buy" right now. Springfield may make some that are as good for less money, but Colt has the resale magic.

Back then, it was the only decent factory 1911 if "decent" meant being able to reliably feed sharp-shouldered projectiles like hollowpoints. Everything else had to be worked over first, unless you just lucked out.
Posted By: RGK Re: New stocks for Gold Cup - 08/22/16
The blued Gold Cup I posted above is a brand-new, 2015 production National Match. It is a superb target or range pistol. Colt got rid of the fragile Elliason rear sight and used a BoMar clone. Much better. Series 70 ignition, CNC production and a superb out of the box, 4.2 lb trigger. The only thing it needs to be ready to compete in the Camp Perry service pistol matches is a TIGHT barrel bushing, which will prevent groups from stringing at the 50 yd line. As-is, it's a perfect 25 yard range gun or home defense pistol. Probably a little too big for concealed carry except maybe in the winter, but it'll do.

The other Colt Gold Cup is a series 80 in stainless called the Trophy. Also a great pistola. The Trophy below has had a couple of things done to it; I use it for the NRA 25 yd short course.
Bob

[Linked Image]
Very cool. I think mine is last year's model too. Thanks for the clarification and info. I may have to trade for another.
© 24hourcampfire