Home
Posted By: Mannlicher Fiber Optic Sights - 08/20/16
I was shooting with Local Dirt last week, and was using my old CZ. I realized that I just can't see the sights like I used to be able to do.
My Glock 19, and my XDS have fiber optic front sights, and I can pick those out so much better.
I dropped my CZ off at the gun smiths, to have a front Fiber Optic sight installed. Not much sense carrying it if the sights are starting to be invisible.
Posted By: viking Re: Fiber Optic Sights - 08/20/16
I hear yeah. As I near the 50 mark, the further script is away from me the better.

I want to get another pistol this year. I was thinking about an RO or the new Colt Compitition. The Colt has the fiber optic front sight, it just pops out.

Or we could just John Wayne it. Lol
Posted By: FlaRick Re: Fiber Optic Sights - 08/20/16
Have the same problem with my eyes. Just had a big dot front sight installed on my Springfield XDM. I will be done with handguns when it gets to the point that I can't see that.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Fiber Optic Sights - 08/20/16
I went with a ghost ring rear sight on my Blackhawk. Makes a huge difference with my old eyes. Only cost eleven bucks and I installed it in about two minutes.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Fiber Optic Sights - 08/21/16
My SP101 came with an FO on the front. I liked it so much that I imediately took the single seven down for a Williams fire sight.

My eyes resolve the fire sight much easier than a steel blade with or without my glasses.
Posted By: dawggone Re: Fiber Optic Sights - 08/21/16
Hi Viz are great sights. And made here in Wyoming.
© 24hourcampfire