Home
Posted By: leemar28 Montana Gold Hand gun Bullets - 08/23/16
Anybody reloading with these ? I like the prices of their .357 bullets , and was wondering about their quality....
I fooled with their 40/165 in 2010. Not a bad bullet for bulk loads, but it ain't no XTP either.

http://sargesrollcall.blogspot.com/2010/05/montana-gold.html#links

They may well be the cat's pajamas, but a rule I've lived by for many years is to never buy anything coming out of Kalispell
I've probably reloaded and fired close to 20k of them. Great bullets for the range or plinking. Of course, it's not meant to be an XTP either.
Good bullets for the money especially if you buy them in bulk. I really like their .45 200 grain JFP, they shoot real good in my gun.
Like stated above, they are no substitute for quality personal defense or hunting bullet.
Have loaded 7-8 thousand for shooting IDPA and various other activities they make a good bullet!

Trying X-treme bullets currently and have only just loaded my 1st 500 of them so too early to report on them.

Mike
I've loaded and shot a lot of Montana Gold bullets too, in 9mm, 357, 40/10mm, and 45. They aren't intended for self defense, even the hollow points, but they are great for accuracy.
I use Precision Delta bullets for high volume practice and IDPA jacketed rounds. The prices are great if you buy at least 2000, and shipping is included in the price. The OP asked about .357, though, and PD does not stock those in jacketed rounds. precisiondelta.com
© 24hourcampfire