Home
Posted By: Steelhead Herrett Stocks - 08/29/16
Has anyone purchased from them since they were sold a few years ago and was all good?

I just found out that their Shooting Star grips fit me nicely.
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: Herrett Stocks - 08/30/16
I purchased a set of Jordan Troopers from them not too long ago. Mailed my order in December between Christmas and New Years. A screw up in the mail delayed delivery until late January. They called me to confirm a few details, ran my card, said it would be 8-10 weeks for delivery. 9 weeks later a package was sitting on my doorstep with my new grips. Fit the gun (Ruger Redhawk) perfectly. Quality was great.

Dealing with them on the phone made me think they were good, down-to-earth people, nice to talk to. They quoted me a timeline and met it. I will do business with them again.
Posted By: RGK Re: Herrett Stocks - 08/30/16
Steve Herrett's son Rod still runs/manages the business. Only thing different is that High Standard owns it now. Part of the deal when Herrett's was sold was that family remain to insure quality. I found their new stocks excellent and as well-made as in the "old days". I've probably had in excess of 20 sets of Herrett's on my pistolas over the years. My favorite customs.
Bob
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Herrett Stocks - 08/30/16
Perfect guys, thank you.
Posted By: Hotload Re: Herrett Stocks - 09/02/16
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Has anyone purchased from them since they were sold a few years ago and was all good?

I just found out that their Shooting Star grips fit me nicely.

Maybe 10+ years ago I got a pre-lock S&W M36. Great little handgun but I could never shoot it well
because the grip is so small. At a local gun show got Herrett's Shooting Stars for the small J frame.
The grip was used but looked NIB. Guy wanted $20 and I offered $10. We split the difference ----- $15.

Good price and great grips. I'm very happy with Herrett's grips.
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: Herrett Stocks - 09/02/16
Holy cow...$15 for like new Herrets. Perfect example of "right place at the right time."

Those that I mentioned above cost me the majority of 2 Benjamins. I did opt for the figured walnut upcharge but even without that they would have been in the $130 range.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Herrett Stocks - 09/02/16
I just got a set of Shooting Stars in the mail for an N frame, they were $24.

The are near about perfect for me. Not the 'sexiest' looking in the world, but I don't care.
Posted By: EdM Re: Herrett Stocks - 09/02/16
I have found Herrett's, Shooting Stars in particular, to be dirt cheap either on the 'net or one of the forums. They don't work for me.
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Herrett Stocks - 09/02/16
The Shooting Star grips were Herrett's mass produced grips which is why they often are available used for low prices. Good quality grips, if they fit your hand. They are not the same quality as grips custom ordered directly from Herrett's, and that is reflected in the price difference.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Herrett Stocks - 09/02/16
Originally Posted by EdM
I have found Herrett's, Shooting Stars in particular, to be dirt cheap either on the 'net or one of the forums. They don't work for me.

Good to know.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Herrett Stocks - 09/02/16
you can indeed send them a tracing of your hand, and of the pistol frame, and get true customs made to order. In fact I'm looking at a tracing I need to send them for a S&W
Posted By: EdM Re: Herrett Stocks - 09/03/16
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by EdM

Good to know.

This guy often has them for sale.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2711043/m/4561050422
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Herrett Stocks - 09/15/16
Picked up a set of Herretts for my 65-3; like them.
Anybody know what model these grips are?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire