Home
Looking for an 1873 Colt clone. Uberti or Vaquero?
If you want " true to colt " mechanics , you want uberti .
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Uberti is the best clone. The Vaquero is not a clone.
Looks, fit, feel, accuracy all about the same.
Colt just feels a tad bit better made.
But is the Colt worth over $1000 more ? only you can make that decision.
Uberti & Colt.
[Linked Image]

I don't know, but did run into a poor guy needing some divorce attorney money, he sold me his second gen SAA Colt 45 and leather belt rig for a thousand bucks, I guess the occasional deal may be out there on an original if you cared to wait and look.

Good luck regardless. smile
Originally Posted by gunner500

I don't know, but did run into a poor guy needing some divorce attorney money, he sold me his second gen SAA Colt 45 and leather belt rig for a thousand bucks, I guess the occasional deal may be out there on an original if you cared to wait and look.

Wow! That was a steal, buddy.

Originally Posted by jbmi
Looks, fit, feel, accuracy all about the same.
Colt just feels a tad bit better made.
But is the Colt worth over $1000 more ? only you can make that decision.
Uberti & Colt.
[Linked Image]

Can't afford a real Colt. Uberti's look really nice and get good reviews. Just seems wrong to buy an Italian cowboy pistol. Lol
meh , the best westerns were filmed in Italy haha
Yes, I felt guilty, but he needed green right now, so I gave it to him and he handed me his rig.
Yes, I felt guilty, but he needed green right now, so I gave it to him and he handed me his rig.
Care to share a pic, friend?
^^^+1^^^

This is a quandary that only afflicts the man who is living right. You have your calibers sorted out which means "357 for mice & garden pests and the 45 Colt for everything that matters".

There are only a few practical differences-

The main questions are much you want to spend whether you want to carry five or six rounds. A new, basic Uberti can be had for about half the MSRP of the Ruger.

The Uberti is a much prettier, more traditional SA. The Uberti will handle better and have a better trigger. I am comfortable with an Uberti loaded full so long as has their hammer-mounted block activated by putting the hammer in the 'safety' position; but I'm not going to dribble my sixgun like a basketball, either. The Ruger has a transfer bar and is marginally safer for the novice.

I was all set to order an 4 3/4" Uberti like the one pictured above, then I found a great deal on a like new Ruger New Vaquero. It is a fantastic revolver, shoots great and I have the trigger sorted out- dammit. I still love the Ubertis.
I can text ya one Buddy, I'll go to our PM's and see if I can find your number.
Just went out to the backyard bench, took a pic and fired one off to ya Deerhunter. cool
Originally Posted by jmd025
meh , the best westerns were filmed in Italy haha

Yep. The ol' "Spaghetti Westerns".
Originally Posted by SargeMO

This is a quandary that only afflicts the man who is living right. You have your calibers sorted out which means "357 for mice & garden pests and the 45 Colt for everything that matters".

The only a few practical differences-

The basic Uberti how much you want to spend whether you want to carry five or six rounds. A new, basic Uberti can be had for about half the MSRP of the Ruger.

The Uberti is a much prettier, more traditional SA. The Uberti will handle better and have a better trigger. I am comfortable with an Uberti loaded full so long as has their hammer-mounted block activated by putting the hammer in the 'safety' position; but I'm not going to dribble my sixgun like a basketball, either. The Ruger has a transfer bar and is marginally safer for the novice.

I was all set to order an 4 3/4" Uberti like the one pictured above, then I found a great deal on a like new Ruger New Vaquero. It is a fantastic revolver, shoots great and I have the trigger sorted out- dammit. I still love the Ubertis.
Thank you sir. Exactly the kind of info I am looking for.
I really want a Colt, but funds just ain't there. So looks like Uberti it will be. Thinking I will get one with a 5 1/2" barrel in 45. Haven't decided on SS or blued.
Just went out to the backyard bench, took a pic and fired one off to ya Deerhunter. cool
And what a beauty she is! Wow!
And what a beauty she is! Wow!

Thank you Sir, I love that old revolver.

That is a great deal on the genuine article. Good thing you got it instead of me, I'd be dragging it around and it'd smell like horses and mules in no time. wink
Uberti (now owned by Beretta) They are really close to the original Gen one Colts with MUCH better metallurgy. You will be happy with one or 2 or 3 or.... smile smile
Looks like it will be Uberti El Patron 5 1/2" in .45.
Originally Posted by SargeMO

That is a great deal on the genuine article. Good thing you got it instead of me, I'd be dragging it around and it'd smell like horses and mules in no time. wink

LOL, I've packed her on Elk, Bison, WT Deer and a couple Tennessee pig hunts, she still smells fine. grin
Looks like it will be Uberti El Patron 5 1/2" in .45.

Just googled that revolver, that'll work, also noticed several youtube videos on that revolver, you may want to watch some of them.
[Linked Image]

I went with Cimarron

Don't know the prices or how they compare with Uberti.

Looks better in person. Shoots good.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire