Home
What would it be? $1000 budget
The cool one I want is about 3x your 1k limit.
3" 629
A Desert Eagle in 50 AE if the stars aligned.

Dave
Uberti El Patron in 45 Colt
Colt Delta Elite 10 mm
A BFR in .50 AE would also be high on the list.

Travis
629 in 5 inch

Stainless Series 70 Colt Commander in .38 Super, or .45 ACP
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555

I bought a Talo LW Commander in 38 Super for 1K here from Mesabi, that's a cool little bastard that breathes a bit of fire too. smile
An HK P7 or 13, but being the limit is $1000, that's ruled out.

I would have to go with a Delta.
EAA Witness Stock 2 in 9mm.
Colt Single Action Army.

4-3/4" barrel, Chambered in .44 Special. Blued/case hardened finish.

Don't know if $1000. would buy one now days.

Virgil B.
629 Mountain Gun.
Originally Posted by gunner500

I bought a Talo LW Commander in 38 Super for 1K here from Mesabi, that's a cool little bastard that breathes a bit of fire too. smile
I seem to remember a certain 1st Gen Colt SAA that fit in these parameters for you as well...not that I'm jealous or anything...
grin
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
Colt Single Action Army.

4-3/4" barrel, Chambered in .44 Special. Blued/case hardened finish.

Don't know if $1000. would buy one now days.

Virgil B.
It will for SOME lucky folk around here...
Colt New Frontier in .44 mag.

Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Awesome gun...but quite a bit over a grand
Very much so!

Nice!
Gunner, let me know when you've got that Commander all worn out, and I'll dig around in the safe to see if I've got anything else that's suitable for a gentleman with such refined taste.
Originally Posted by deflave

Here ya go........

'MY' LGS

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/588049847

For cool:. Mint Colt 1903 pocket hammerless.

There are some who think the New Frontier can handle a steady diet of .44 Mag.

Some don't
Smith & Wessom Model 52, .38 Special. I even know where one is...... E

I seem to remember a certain 1st Gen Colt SAA that fit in these parameters for you as well...not that I'm jealous or anything...
grin

LOL, I still have an ear out for any deals that may come by, I'll give you a holla first. cool
Originally Posted by Mesabi
Gunner, let me know when you've got that Commander all worn out, and I'll dig around in the safe to see if I've got anything else that's suitable for a gentleman with such refined taste.

10-4 Mesabi, the little LW Commander is slated for a fresh spring kit at my 'smiths as soon as I can get it over there, and I bet you do.wink
Originally Posted by Oheremicus
Smith & Wessom Model 52, .38 Special. I even know where one is...... E

I do too.

Very close by.
A "44 Magnum" (pre M29) 5 screw, blue with 5" barrel and original cokes, made in '56.

I know, well over a grand, and a unicorn to boot!
Les Baer long slide 1911 in 10mm.

Colt Delta Elite 10 mm

Agree (and just did)... cool

[Linked Image]
Wilson Beretta 92 Compact Carry
Originally Posted by Gibby

Some don't

Since I load up, or down according to use, that would not be an issue. I am not really a big single action guy anyways, but I don't own a New Frontier, and one in .44 would be unusual and fun.

Plus my standard load of 10 grains Unique and a 240/250 cast LSWC is not likely to wear out an NF Colt anytime soon.
Mackay's, I don't think Colt ever made a New Frontier in .44 mag.

Still, though, it would be one I'd sure wish for! Too bad for us that they didn't.
1917 or .38-44 Heavy Duty
Originally Posted by deflave
A BFR in .50 AE would also be high on the list.

Travis

Really?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by local_dirt
629 in 5 inch

Close?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by MikeL2
For cool:. Mint Colt 1903 pocket hammerless.

Agree.

[Linked Image]
In the sub-$1000 category I'm on the hunt for a nice Remington XP100 pistol, or a Wichita Silhouette pistol in 7BR or 7TCU.
Originally Posted by EdM
629 in 5 inch

Close?

[Linked Image]
That's a sexy beast...
Originally Posted by JGray

Colt Delta Elite 10 mm

Agree (and just did)... cool

[Linked Image]

Excellent choice. Another Colt Delta Elite.

[Linked Image]
Full custom .45 Super from Bar-Sto machine with a full length dust cover and a 6" threaded barrel.

I have a 6" barrel Bar-Sto fitted to my 6" Glock 40 slide. It took about 500 rounds to break it in where it no longer malfunctioned because it was so tight. Now, that pistol shoots more accurately than any other Glock I have shot. But, the ultimate in handgunnery (to me anyway) is a custom 1911. Everyone should own at least 1. I have a Para Ordnance Executive Carry, and it is a pleasure to carry, and shoot.

Some don't

Since I load up, or down according to use, that would not be an issue. I am not really a big single action guy anyways, but I don't own a New Frontier, and one in .44 would be unusual and fun.

Plus my standard load of 10 grains Unique and a 240/250 cast LSWC is not likely to wear out an NF Colt anytime soon.

True that.

I have one in .357 Mag. I still keep my loads mild. Too nice of a gun to abuse.

Never saw one in .44 Mag anyway. It would be cool for the right person, but Colt sells them to the masses.
A 4" S&W Model 25-5 as a companion for my 6" 25-5.

Don
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Still, though, it would be one I'd sure wish for! Too bad for us that they didn't.

grin

Here is one on Gunbroker.

They are asking a bit much for it though.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/587626168
[Linked Image]

I was able to caress and fondle this one a few days ago. It is 'outside' the budget though..

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/587020844
S&W 696

Mike
A clean K-38 target masterpiece 6".
s&w 1006 10mm
A S&W 3" 66.
This subject has been rather fun as it develops. I just thought of a cool revolver, the Lemat.
I just bought that one cool pistol!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

grin

Here is one on Gunbroker.

They are asking a bit much for it though.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/587626168

Wow! That is Uber cool!
I was thinking that they made one or two Prototypes, but none for production or sale to the public. If I win the Lotto tomorrow, I'll buy you that one. wink
I have $400 in this M29-2. Of course I bought it new, an 8 5/8" piece in 1978, at the age just shy of 17. Warranty work landed the barrel tweak I requested.

[Linked Image]
Lot's of cool stuff out there.

I could like a Colt SAA, or a Colt Python.
Originally Posted by EdM
I have $400 in this M29-2. Of course I bought it new, an 8 5/8" piece in 1978, at the age just shy of 17. Warranty work landed the barrel tweak I requested.

[Linked Image]

Damn you are OLD wink

Actually same age as me. grin I was also 17 in 1978. The gun store I worked at in HS had a new Colt Python that year I bought new for $395. Had to get Dad to come fill out the paper work, so I could get it.
Some years ago I was searching for a 475 or 500 Linebaugh. Ya know, for the pukkofit. I stumbled on this piece selling from a fishing guide in Alaska. He wanted to hunt elephant again hence the sale. I paid about half of what it was then to have one properly built. I should take it on the next 'fire pig hunt as it is as accurate a handgun I have ever shot. I run 400's at 1100 fps so a reasonable piece at that level.

[Linked Image]

Damn that's a nice Bowen Custom! Are those Fishpaw grips?
That is one fine handgun. I bet it does shoot well.
Originally Posted by EdM
Some years ago I was searching for a 475 or 500 Linebaugh. Ya know, for the pukkofit. I stumbled on this piece selling from a fishing guide in Alaska. He wanted to hunt elephant again hence the sale. I paid about half of what it was then to have one properly built. I should take it on the next 'fire pig hunt as it is as accurate a handgun I have ever shot. I run 400's at 1100 fps so a reasonable piece at that level.

[Linked Image]

I've got a 475 BFR that I would like to have some of those things done to. Barrel band, Bisley grip, etc, not sure how much that would run to have mine done. Plus I'd need the barrel cut down. Wonder what that would cost?
Bowen sure ain't cheap. But he is absolutely the best!
I'm thinking Huntington, could do what I want.
Huntington is the best at performing the tasks you want done at a reasonable price and turnaround.
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
A clean K-38 target masterpiece 6".

Yup. This one is from '51. Stocks are Herrett's Troopers.
Bob

[Linked Image]
I've got all the cool pistols I need. I am still in the market for uncool ones though.
I used to want a Super Blackhawk "Predator" conversion by Mag Na Port, but without the Mag Na Porting, and left at 5 1/2" so the barrel would be even with the 10 1/2" model's ejector rod housing and so it would be legal for Ohio deer hunting. Similar to this one that someone did himself..
[Linked Image]
The Mag Na Port version has some action work, a jeweled trigger and hammer with polished pins, the modification that allows you to spin the cylinder backwards, plus a C-more front sight set.

But to make the budget, I'd probably just go with the Ruger SuperBlackhawk Bisley in .480 and call it a day.
Smith 13-2 3" heavy barrel.
Colt Officer's Model Match, either .22 or .38.
Originally Posted by EdM
629 in 5 inch

Close?

[Linked Image]
That's a sexy beast...

Yes it is.
Originally Posted by USSR1991
A 4" S&W Model 25-5 as a companion for my 6" 25-5.

Don

I can understand that.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 6mm250
S&W 696

Mike

This
Originally Posted by viking
An HK P7 or 13, but being the limit is $1000, that's ruled out.

The sad part is you're only 2-3 years too late for those prices. I bought two a few years ago for $600 each; one blued and one hard chromed. Both were in great shape, but I was very underwhelmed by the experience. In actual use they didn't live up to the hype.

I did buy a Performance Center 460 S&W recently; that's one "cool gun" I never expected to buy, but the price was right.
Springfield EMP 9mm
Found it this weekend, a Pre Model 14 K-38 with correct target stocks. 1953. Wondering how it will do against my 52-2.. I just love revolvers for some reason..
How about a Glock 19 with an extra 6" threaded barrel chambered in 7.62x25.
For some reason, I want a .30 Luger, just not in a Luger. Browning Hi-Power, Sig 220, Colt Commander (which would far exceed $1000), etc. They're around, just always come up with better use of $1000. Also want a Smith 544 .44/40. Again, they're around but... I'll get one eventually, just wish I'd gotten one when they were $400...
Colt combat elite. Arnold Schwarzenegger T-101 level of cool right there.
LAR Grizzley 45 Win Mag
Korth National Standard 3" .357/9mm
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
LAR Grizzley 45 Win Mag

My old partner had one for a while. I shot it a couple of times. About all I remember, was that it was big. Recoil wasn't bad at all.
Colt Delta Elite in 10mm.
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Colt Delta Elite in 10mm.

I thought you already have one.

If not, the new one is great.

One of my dreams is a $1000 Korth........
Originally Posted by Texczech
How about a Glock 19 with an extra 6" threaded barrel chambered in 7.62x25.

While that would be neat in concept, it's impossible, as that round is way too long to fit a Glock 9mm mag. Maybe in the large frame 20/21, but even then you'd be limited to short blunt bullets, probably wouldn't fit any surplus ammo.

Box only. Ha!

Box only. Ha!

That's why it's a dream.
Colt Delta Elite 10 mm

Just picked up an older blue one today with 7 colt mags. Cool gun.
It would be one I had and let it get away. A Browning Hi-Power Silver-Chrome.
© 24hourcampfire