Home
I've no experience with Dan Wesson revolvers of any type. If you're knowledgeable in DW's, please tell me about the fixed barrel models...pro's/con's, ruggedness, weight, value range of a stainless fixed barrel, etc.

Thanks
Have never seen a fixed barrel Dan Wesson. Thought they were all changeable. A lot were sold with just one barrel.
The fixed barrel revolvers are the same as the standard DW 15-2 series, just without the interchangeable barrels. There have been a few Dan Wesson companies, and one of them decided to try fixed barrels when their finances weren't looking good as a desperate measure to get some cash flow. They're not common, but they're decent enough revolvers. But prices were comparable to S&W's and Rugers at the time and most just rightfully felt the S&W's and Ruger's were better revolvers.
They did make a few, as they made a few fixed sighted revolvers. And some were marked and sold with the High Standard name. However since the Dan Wesson's selling point was its interchangeable barrels, a fixed barrel version...?
Dan Wessons seem to be a "love 'em or hate 'em" proposition, no middle ground.
The Dan Wesson and the Colt Mark III were designed by the same man, Karl R. Lewes. I have both the Model 12 the Model 15, excellent shooters.
Thanks for the info. The fixed vs switchable barrel version is not much of a pro/con to me either way. I just didn't know until yesterday they made a fixed barrel version.

Originally Posted by GunGeek
...... most just rightfully felt the S&W's and Ruger's were better revolvers.

If this is the case, I've lost interest.

Thanks again for the info.

© 24hourcampfire