Home
Came into hundreds of rounds of new 38SP, but never had a handgun that shot the stuff.
Took care of that by buying this Colt Diamondback, should be fun shooting.
[Linked Image]
Nice. And yeah you suck. Lol
Had hundreds of 38 Super reloads left after selling my Springfield 1911 Factory Comp. Years later, bought a new EAA Witness for $275. Shot up all the reloads and then traded it for four one Ontario and four ESEE knives.
Wow,
You don't mess around!

That Diamondback is sweet.

And ya you suck grin
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^
Any excuse to justify another gun purchase, right? BTDT.
...because you have lots of ammo? I bought a gun once because of a partial box of ammo that had 3 rounds in it.
Yes,.45 LC.
Yep. That's the reason I own so many .45 acp's grin
I would buy that if I had ammo for it or not!
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
Yes,.45 LC.

Two of those.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I've bought several guns because I had the ammo, or got a good deal on ammo, or had a set of dies, or some extra bullets, or a bunch of fired cases picked up on the range deck.....
I bought a car off Craigslist to clean up and flip. While cleaning the junk out of I found four boxes of .40 S&W. When I sold the car I used some of the cash to buy a M&P 40. I shot the ammo I had and realized I still don't like autos and traded it in for another .357.
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
I bought a car off Craigslist to clean up and flip. While cleaning the junk out of I found four boxes of .40 S&W. When I sold the car I used some of the cash to buy a M&P 40. I shot the ammo I had and realized I still don't like autos and traded it in for another .357.

And I thought I was bad...............

smile
Originally Posted by jbmi
Came into hundreds of rounds of new 38SP, but never had a handgun that shot the stuff.
[Linked Image]

YOU TURBOSUCK!!!!
No but I have because I had a holster...
Once upon a time I was given a buttload of linotype bars that I traded to a bullet caster for 7,000 cast .45ACP 205g H&G designed bullets. I did have a Para 14-45 but wanted another .45 and bought a G30 gen3 which has been a dream.

Most of that inventory of bullets is now down range and my eye is still wandering for a Ruger LW Commander to have a single stack to push into a Milt Sparks holster I still have from previous owning and foolishly selling a Colt LW commander.
[Linked Image]

Bought this Mod 20 with 6 inch KKM, after I picked a case of surplus Kentucky State Police rounds from the 80's on the cheap.
I also bought one of the new Ruger sp 101 .357 with the 4 inch barrel cause I had a set of dies. smile
Originally Posted by EdM
..... I have because I had a holster...

grin
Good excuse as any.
Originally Posted by ingwe
[Linked Image]

YOU TURBOSUCK!!!!

No kidding, DAMN!
I'm in the market for a rifle to make several North American big-game hunts and I have about 1k rounds of 30-06 on hand, so I bought a 30-06 a couple of weeks ago. I keep telling myself that I'm not going to buy a rifle chambered for another cartridge until I shoot up that ammo, but I'm not at all convinced that I'll actually be able to do that.

On the other hand, a buddy of mine bought a Marlin 336 because someone gave him a rear sight for one.

Okie John
Originally Posted by okie john
I'm in the market for a rifle to make several North American big-game hunts and I have about 1k rounds of 30-06 on hand, so I bought a 30-06 a couple of weeks ago. I keep telling myself that I'm not going to buy a rifle chambered for another cartridge until I shoot up that ammo, but I'm not at all convinced that I'll actually be able to do that.

On the other hand, a buddy of mine bought a Marlin 336 because someone gave him a rear sight for one.

Okie John

What 06 did you get?
Originally Posted by EdM
About 5 years ago I almost bought a 1943, Nazi marked Walther P-38 just because I have a 1943 dated, Nazi marked P-38 Holster with nothing to put in it. It was at a gun show and the price was pretty steep so I passed. Now I kind of regret it. Not looking for one but if I ever come across another decent 1943 P-38 I may not be able to control myself.
Guilty as charged! Save $75 on an ammo purchase, then spend $1,200 to buy a gun to shoot it in :-(
I found a stainless Ruger M-77 with a Leupold 3-9 that had been bedded into a B&C stock. It was in a pawn shop for $600, so I grabbed it before the guy behind the counter changed his mind.

I haven't had a chance to work up a load for it yet, but it shoots about 1.5 MOA with Federal factory ammo, so I may not bother.

Okie John
I owned & carried a K40 for quite a number of years, finally sold it and replaced it with a CW9. Got to looking at those hundreds of .40 S&W reloads lying around and had to buy something to shoot them in.

My M&P40 isn't nearly as sweet as that little snake though. Good choice.
[Linked Image]

Nice pistol jbmi. I've got it's little brother with the 2.5" barrel. But, I can't quite bring myself to shoot it yet as it's still new in it's box in the back of the safe.

I was given several hundred rounds of .380. I didn't have one, so I bought a Sig 238 that a friend decided to sell. I fired a couple of mags through it then traded it to another friend as partial payment in trade for my oldest boy's first truck. Still have the rest of the ammo, but nothing to fire it in.
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep.

Though, I do have a lot of .30-30 ammo and the right one would come home because of it.
I had a friend ask me if I wanted some .308 ammo and brass and I said sure. Whatever it was I could trade or sell. I didn't really want it because I was going to buy a 7mm-08. Next thing I know he shows up at the house with 500 rounds of Fed. match and 500 rounds of once fired Fed. match brass.

So yeah I dropped the 7mm-08 idea. I've had at least one .308 for the last 25 years.
I almost bought 6Creedmoor brass last week for a rifle I don't have. Then I remembered a Redding 3 die set for .243AI that I bought under similar compulsion that still needs a rifle to feed. blush

back in Miami, the local KMart was going out of the guns and ammo biz. I just happened to be in there, and bought literally a shopping cart full of stuff.
One bargain was 900 rounds of CCI .44Mag, 240 grain LSWC. Fifty round boxes at $1 a box. Did not have a revolver for that in Miami at the time, so I stopped by Jet's Sporting goods, and picked up a S&W 629 Mountain gun.
The cartridges are long gone, but I still have the Mountain Gun. smile
[Linked Image]
Take a good look at the Tikka -T-3 lite 30-06. I have one for big game and you could not buy it from me.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Fifty round boxes at $1 a box.
[Linked Image]

That's a great story right there. I'd have bought all the 44 mag too at that price. Lovely revolver, by the way.
I have bought a few because I had dies for that caliber.
I've got a Milt Sparks summer special IWB that I bought for my last 5" 1911, and KNOW someday I'll buy another Pistol to fit it! (GRIN!)

Virgil B.
Awesome gun
I have some what a dark history with Diamond backs
But I still think they are awesome

Hank
Twice. I bought a .223 because I had a bunch of 55 grain .224 bullets and I swapped for a Ruger 243 because I had an old set of Pacific Durachrome dies for it.
[Linked Image]

That's sweet - nice score! I just did something similar - I recently ordered a bunch of 9mm cast bullets for a 357 Sig but didn't do my homework and they won't work. Rather than return them or melt them down to cast something else, I just ordered a CZ P-01 so I'd have a 9mm to shoot them in.
After my Dad passed away I had a ton of reloaded ammo for numerous calibers that I knew I really couldn't sell. Two gun safes later I still have a few to get.
© 24hourcampfire