Home
I usually load a lot of cartridges at a time, then don't load anything for several years. Stopped loading 9mm and .45 ACP long ago. With handguns, it's just revolvers for me. Factory stuff works ok for a semi auto.
Started recently on .38 special brass. Have about 400 now decapped, sized, and expanded and primed.
Yesterday, started working on 600 .44 Mag brass. Same routine, decap, resize, expand and prime. Today, I loaded 200 of those, using 10 grains of Unique, once fired cases and 240 grain LSWC lead bullets.
500 .45 Colt cases are next. I have enough powder, primers, bullets and cases to load probably a couple of thousand more.
Keeps me off the streets, and out of trouble. smile
Sounds like a good way to spend a few winter Florida days. smile
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Sounds like a good way to spend a few winter Florida days. smile

you are right. Cold snap is over, and it's back to flip flops shorts and tee shirts. smile
What tool do you use to prime your cases? I've worn blisters on my hands with the Lee priming tool.
Admittedly I don't do as much physical work with my hands as I used too.
I use a RCBS hand primer. Sitting out in the back yard today, portable table, BlueTooth speaker playing Brazilian Jazz. Great way to while away the time.
I use a rcbs too. Although i have other ways of doing it.
Other than experimentation, i load enough that i dont have to be bothered on a regular basis.
I need to design and build a bench mounted unit that uses a tray like the rcbs or lee
It's called a 550.

Dave
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I need to design and build a bench mounted unit that uses a tray like the rcbs or lee
make it and I will buy the first one. 😃
Originally Posted by deflave
It's called a 550.

Dave

Or a Square Deal B.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Like this?

http://leeprecision.com/auto-bench-prime.html
I usually load a lot of cartridges at a time, then don't load anything for several years. Stopped loading 9mm and .45 ACP long ago. With handguns, it's just revolvers for me. Factory stuff works ok for a semi auto.
Started recently on .38 special brass. Have about 400 now decapped, sized, and expanded and primed.
Yesterday, started working on 600 .44 Mag brass. Same routine, decap, resize, expand and prime. Today, I loaded 200 of those, using 10 grains of Unique, once fired cases and 240 grain LSWC lead bullets.
500 .45 Colt cases are next. I have enough powder, primers, bullets and cases to load probably a couple of thousand more.
Keeps me off the streets, and out of trouble. smile

You & I load quite similarly, though I am using a state of the art Spartan turret press wink
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

Like this?

http://leeprecision.com/auto-bench-prime.html

I've never seen that before. Sounds like I need to get one.
I can't stand loading pistol ammo, try to get it done as fast as I can. Usually sit down and load 4-5000 9 and 45 on a rainy weekend and get it over with.
© 24hourcampfire