Home
Posted By: NMpistolero Price check S&W 63 - 02/21/17
Found a used 4" 63 kit gun for sale for $620. Good, average or high? Fairly clean piece. Have a new 3" for over $700 there too. Thanks!
Posted By: bea175 Re: Price check S&W 63 - 02/21/17
I have been looking for these for a while.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Price check S&W 63 - 02/21/17
I would like to stumble on one. Sounds like a good price. Hasbeen
Posted By: 4ager Re: Price check S&W 63 - 02/21/17
BUY IT.

If it is still there.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Price check S&W 63 - 02/21/17
Had a 63, 4". It was accurate. I much prefer my Ruger SP101, 8 shot.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Price check S&W 63 - 02/22/17
I paid a bit less than $300 for mine, about 20 years ago. If you can find one at a Florida gun show, they will be in the $600-$750 range.
Posted By: RJM Re: Price check S&W 63 - 02/22/17
About the average price these days... Don't know what those people are thinking pricing a 3" more than a 4"... The 3" has the InterLock and is MUCH less desirable a gun...

I have an early one that I had a .22 Magnum cylinder fitted to...both rounds shoot great.

Bob
I knew the older ones were sought after, but I did not realize that they cost so much.

Fun guns. I personally shoot a K frame .22, like my Model 18, better, but the Model 63 is still fun, and is so light, I forget I am wearing it. Great fishing companion during snake season.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Price check S&W 63 - 02/22/17
Mine is easily 'minute of squirrel' accurate. smile
[Linked Image]
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Price check S&W 63 - 02/22/17
NMpistolero: I want to thank you for bringing this subject up as I am currently dealing on another Model 63.
The owner has not yet set a price on his older but minty Model 63 with the 4" barrel.
I bought all my currently owned Model 63's (and a 651!) new, years ago and am in a bit of sticker shock whenever I see a used older Model 63 at a gunshow or in a gunshop!
They do command strong prices.
I would be glad to pay the $620.00 you mention for the minty Model 63 that I am dealing on.
I don't think you would loose much money at all if you paid the $620.00 for your Model 63 and should you decide to sell it in the future.
You might even make a fifty dollar bill.
I hope some more folks will chime in on current values of the older Model 63's.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: 30338 Re: Price check S&W 63 - 02/22/17
I bought an older 63 for $600 last year. They are a lot of fun.
Posted By: JB in SC Re: Price check S&W 63 - 03/05/17
Check the yoke end shake, lots of older 63's and 34's had the yoke screw swapped with the slide plate screw...yoke screw is fitted to the yoke. If the cylinder flops out when you open it, it's got a lot of use over the years or some idiot swapped out the screws. It can be refitted but it's a PITA to do it.

The last non lock, non MIM (forged hammer and trigger) versions have a different yoke retention set up. If you find one of those grab it.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Price check S&W 63 - 03/05/17
63's in nice to very good condition are like hen's teeth here. Very seldom see them in the LGS's and pawn shops. You'll see an 18 more often than a 63.

When you do see one, they're more than likely going to be asking closer to a grand than $600.
Posted By: bcolorado Re: Price check S&W 63 - 03/05/17
While we are on the 63...

I acquired one in a box of guns and parts several years ago.

It has excessive end shake and one of the studs is broken,been a while but I think it may be the hammer stud.

Any idea where to send it off to for repairs that won't kill the toy fund? It is a neat little pistol and would be fun to have operational.
Posted By: RJM Re: Price check S&W 63 - 03/06/17
...sounds like a job for S&W.
Posted By: bcolorado Re: Price check S&W 63 - 03/06/17
Thanks RJM. When the "fun fund" replenishes I will look into sending it out.
© 24hourcampfire