Home
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Night Sights - 02/23/17
I have an M&P 9mm with the regular white sights.

Anyone have any recommendations on installing night sights? Type/brand etc?

Thanks,
Rob
Posted By: T LEE Re: Night Sights - 02/23/17
TruGlo TFO, same bright dots day or night. Had em on my G19 till my son graduated the academy and needed a service pistol (county does not issue to corrections). If they made the for my Colt Government .380 I would have them in place of the Meprolite's I modified the gun to take, they are originally for a Taurus Millennium.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Night Sights - 02/23/17
I like the Warren Tactical two dot style...
Posted By: TWR Re: Night Sights - 02/23/17
I have Trijicon HD's on my M&P's, close to the same as TFO's but the rear has a little bigger opening I believe.
Posted By: RJM Re: Night Sights - 02/23/17
Originally Posted by T LEE
TruGlo TFO, same bright dots day or night. Had em on my G19 till my son graduated the academy and needed a service pistol (county does not issue to corrections). If they made the for my Colt Government .380 I would have them in place of the Meprolite's I modified the gun to take, they are originally for a Taurus Millennium.

...a second for the TFO and TFX. Have them on my two Glocks, a 19 and a 40 and they are great. Friends that have seen the ones on my guns have put them on theirs...

Bob
Posted By: Troutnut Re: Night Sights - 02/23/17
Originally Posted by RJM

...a second for the TFO and TFX. Have them on my two Glocks, a 19 and a 40 and they are great. Friends that have seen the ones on my guns have put them on theirs...

Bob
This ^
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Night Sights - 02/24/17
I have the trijicons now with the larger orange day glo ball front sight and the rear U shaped slot on two guns so far.

They are great sights for lower light with that big orange day glo ball up front. I took a pistol class two weeks ago I was able to shoot well enough to pass because of the easy to pick up in lower light that big orange front sight. They glow normal in total dark. I shot my G43 against folks using G19s,17's full sized guns, my bud used his LC9 and I think the sights on that gun cost him points. We did this deliberately because its what we carry him LC9 me G43.

I believe they will get everything out of a Glock/Smith MP you would be able to get out of one.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Night Sights - 02/24/17
I like any Novak or similar low-pro style, anything that glows is okay with me, color, number, or style of glow doesn't matter, low, glow, and no snag is what I look for.
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: Night Sights - 02/24/17
Thanks guys, I'll read up on these.
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: Night Sights - 02/25/17
Anyone have an opinion on tritium vs fiber optic?
Posted By: pacecars Re: Night Sights - 02/25/17
Fiber optics need a light source whereas Tritium does not
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: Night Sights - 02/25/17
Originally Posted by pacecars

I see that some are a combination of the two.
Posted By: pacecars Re: Night Sights - 02/25/17
Had a set on a Glock that were combos and they worked very well
Posted By: TERRY8mm Re: Night Sights - 02/25/17
I like the XS Big Dot on my LC9 Pro.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Night Sights - 02/25/17
the TRO sights are really good units

I prefer trijicons, and just put a set of the sig xrays on my p226...those I'm very pleased with so far
Posted By: Peddler Re: Night Sights - 02/25/17
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I have the trijicons now with the larger orange day glo ball front sight and the rear U shaped slot on two guns so far.

The Ameriglo sights look very similar and also have excellent reviews.
Posted By: Wildcatter264 Re: Night Sights - 02/26/17
Best, fastest acquisition day/night combo I have is the Heinie Straight-8 RS with a Trijicon HD Tritium yellow outline dot FS.

For low light the single dot rear and front provides the fastest alignment. The problem with the Heinie straight-8 front and rear set is that the FS dot is not very prominent in the daylight. May just be my old eyes YMMV.

Thus the mix & match combo.
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Night Sights - 04/05/17
I am looking at the TFO sight for my glock 26. They offer a low set and high set. What determines which you use ?
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Night Sights - 04/05/17
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Originally Posted by pacecars

I see that some are a combination of the two.

You will not see the fiber optic sight in the dark...........period, if that is what you want.

As for true tritium sights, I like the straight 8 style, but have no real complaints about the 3-dot versions either, especially if the front sight is a different color than the rears.

MM
Posted By: JOG Re: Night Sights - 04/05/17
Novak Adjustable Tritium Dot S&W M&P Rear Night Sight ASWMP03
Posted By: mcmurphrjk Re: Night Sights - 04/05/17
I have the TruGlo TFO's on a Glock 43. Very happy with them. Look the same, day or night.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Night Sights - 04/06/17
they all look the same in the dark to me, but these also come with an orange front day glow insert. I prefer the orange. I like them as its easy to pick up the front sight, I have them on two guns I carry a lot, and am going to replace a set of factory shield night sights with these. Seeing the sights quickly in a pinch is real important the experts tell me. The big front colored ball goes into the back U, then press and click.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RickyD Re: Night Sights - 04/06/17
I like these, too. I have them on a old Kimber 1911.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Night Sights - 04/06/17
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
I like the XS Big Dot on my LC9 Pro.
I like this one on a small carry gun, too. I have one on my 360 Smith.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Night Sights - 04/06/17
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
I have an M&P 9mm with the regular white sights.

Anyone have any recommendations on installing night sights? Type/brand etc?

Thanks,
Rob
....If possible, look at different ones and let your eyes decide. I was able to do that with the gun shop owner/gunsmith who sold me the Glock G 19 that wound up also getting a set of Trijicons that are visible day or night regardless of ambient light.
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Night Sights - 04/06/17
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
I am looking at the TFO/TFX sight for my glock 26. They offer a low set and high set. What determines which you use ?

Anyone ?
© 24hourcampfire