Home
Thanks for the information on night sights in another thread. I am looking at the new model M&P9 in the commander size but the first wave of these don't come with night sights from the factory. I don't really need the gun soon so I don't care about waiting for 6 months or however long it takes for a factory tritium sight option. My question is, if I can just wait for the factory TS model, would you do that or is there a compelling reason to get aftermarket sights instead? Are aftermarket sights significantly better? Thanks.

-Rob
I'd prefer to get aftermarket sights myself. No sense in waiting on the factory versions.

The Trijicon HDs are nice, as are the Ameriglo versions of them.

I much prefer a solid black rear or at least a sight without white outlines on the rear tritium.
I'd just buy what you want, and if you like it (I'm assuming you don't own one already) then you can invest in tritiums.

You can send just the slide to Amerigun and they'll put some in for you.

Travis
Looking at the Ameriglo website noticed ghost ring rear set for Glock's. Anybody ever used ghost rings on a pistol and how did you like them?

Mike
Originally Posted by FZY
Looking at the Ameriglo website noticed ghost ring rear set for Glock's. Anybody ever used ghost rings on a pistol and how did you like them?

Mike

Shot one of my buddy's Glocks that had ghost ring rear sight on it a couple months ago. I thought it sucked. He got rid of it about a month ago and put Trijicon HD's on it.
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Thanks for the information on night sights in another thread. I am looking at the new model M&P9 in the commander size but the first wave of these don't come with night sights from the factory. I don't really need the gun soon so I don't care about waiting for 6 months or however long it takes for a factory tritium sight option. My question is, if I can just wait for the factory TS model, would you do that or is there a compelling reason to get aftermarket sights instead? Are aftermarket sights significantly better? Thanks.

-Rob
That's the dilemma when your gun comes with night sights, i.e., They are good enough, but if it didn't come with them, you'd have purchased aftermarket night sights more precisely to your liking, so you end up sticking with night sights that are good enough rather than what you really want. I'd go ahead and get them without the night sights, and stick on some Trijicon HDs or Truglo TFX. I have both, and personally prefer the HDs.
Night sights are getting to be like holsters. There are tons of functional ones and you can go through a bunch to find a favorite.
Trijicon HD's is the way to go
You guys like the tritium sights with the white outline? For example, green dot with white circle around it. Seems like that white circle may help see the sights better in the day time too.
I see some have the white outline up front and no outline in back. Someone in another forum called them "operator" style. Any clue why tritium with outline up front and tritium with no outline in back would be better?
I do like the white outline around the front tritium site. I feel it shows up better for me in variety of light situations. Eyes getting older, so I like to have the tritium with the extra diameter up front.
© 24hourcampfire