Home
Posted By: EdM A Piece Goes Full Circle - 03/17/17
I bought this piece in 1993 for a colleague I worked with in Houston that was transferring to California where I resided. I shot it a fair bit then and it was a fine shooter. He moved to California and I handed it off. At the time I could not afford it ($475 IIRC) but advised if he were to ever sell please let me know. Well he happens to have retired in town here so gave me a call. We landed on a price and I headed over to pick it and 1,800 rounds of ammunition up. He swapped the grips for Hogue's and installed a Millett rear sight (that I prefer and have on a few pieces). He cannot find the original grips but will continue to look. He had the original rear sight and a couple of different blades for it. I installed some Ahrend's that I prefer. To the range tomorrow.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RyanTX Re: A Piece Goes Full Circle - 03/17/17
Very nice! Having a history like that makes it special too. Sounds like you have plenty of rounds to put through it too.
Posted By: MOGC Re: A Piece Goes Full Circle - 03/17/17
Cool revolver! I hear they are very accurate handguns.
Wow!!
Nice one!

Mike
Posted By: NMiller Re: A Piece Goes Full Circle - 03/19/17
Nice piece! Are you going to shoot his reloads, I'm assuming that's what that pile of ammo is? Be careful with that...
Posted By: cra1948 Re: A Piece Goes Full Circle - 03/20/17
Nice! Always kinda wanted one.
Posted By: shootem Re: A Piece Goes Full Circle - 03/20/17
Hmmmmmm.....what if Starline introduced a new case....the 10mm Rimmed??

edit: with small primer pocket
Posted By: jwp475 Re: A Piece Goes Full Circle - 03/20/17

I really like those grips.
Posted By: EdM Re: A Piece Goes Full Circle - 03/20/17
Originally Posted by NMiller
Nice piece! Are you going to shoot his reloads, I'm assuming that's what that pile of ammo is? Be careful with that...

Yep. I know him well and trust his work.
Nice one, Ed.
Posted By: deflave Re: A Piece Goes Full Circle - 03/20/17
That's a beaut Ed!

Dave
Very cool.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a 10MM revolver.
That's no surprise though since I'm not much of a handgun devotee

Enjoy
Did that belong to my old buddy James. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Very cool.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a 10MM revolver.
That's no surprise though since I'm not much of a handgun devotee

Enjoy
A friend of mine back in the 1990s needed money to fund an African hunting safari, and offered me one of two of his handguns for purchase to help fund it. That was one of them. Instead, I chose the S&W Model 586. Still have it. I've often thought I'd have been happier with the 10mm, being the more unusual choice, and likely preserved its value better, too.
Posted By: EdM Re: A Piece Goes Full Circle - 03/21/17
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Yep. I bought it for him many years ago.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: A Piece Goes Full Circle - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Yep. I bought it for him many years ago.

Straw buyer.... wink

One of my best friends had a piece that went full circle. Why he married her a second time I'll never understand...

The 610 really is a fun gun. Blast away with cheaper 40's or load it up with heavy 10's. Mine may be the most accurate handgun I own. It's also one of the two that people always want to shoot again, especially new shooters (other handgun new shooters love is 22/45). Longer sight radius, good trigger, enough weight to keep recoil down, and previously loaded moon clips make it a lot of fun. Pre-loading those moon clips gets old though.
© 24hourcampfire