Home
Posted By: ken999 XS Standard/Big Dot? - 08/22/18
Anyone else like these sights?

Added them to a CZ P10 a bit ago and so far I'm very happy with them.

I'm likely going to switching more guns over as time goes on.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: XS Standard/Big Dot? - 08/22/18
I have never tried them, sure would like to shoot a pistol with them and see how I like them.

I have trijicon HD's on my gen 5 19 and I like them, but I would like to compare them to XS sights.
Posted By: liliysdad Re: XS Standard/Big Dot? - 08/22/18
I got caught up in that fad several years ago. luckily, it wore off.
Posted By: Yondering Re: XS Standard/Big Dot? - 08/22/18
Nope, don't like them. Big dot sights are retarded and one of the biggest gimmicks in the handgun world.

Some of the things XS makes are pretty good, but those sights are not one of them.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: XS Standard/Big Dot? - 08/23/18
I put a set of XS sights on one of my 1911's, standard size are perfect.

No experience with them, but the "big dot" looks.........very big.
Posted By: deflave Re: XS Standard/Big Dot? - 08/23/18
Love ‘em.
Posted By: RJM Re: XS Standard/Big Dot? - 08/23/18
Have a Big Dot on a Commander with a Novak U rear sight... If you are looking for "flash" sight picture for up close shooting there is none better... If however you also do a lot of "fine" distance shooting the Big Dot is a little "course"...
Posted By: liliysdad Re: XS Standard/Big Dot? - 08/23/18
I have yet to meet a single person with any amount of skill that is faster with XS sights as opposed to a good set of conventional sights. Every single user of these things, however, suffers at anything resembling distance.

A wide rear sight with a relatively narrow front is as fast or faster than the XS, while retaining the ability to utilize the potential of the handgun. Any gun I have seen that these sights made sense on would have been equally as well served with only a front sight, or no sights at all.

Edit; The XS front with a U-notch rear is a solution I have seen more than once. If one needs the fat golfball front, this combination is eminently more effective that full XS setup.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: XS Standard/Big Dot? - 08/23/18
They are OK, I guess. I have them on a G43, not sure I would buy another set.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: XS Standard/Big Dot? - 08/23/18
I've had several of the Standard dot's with the Cylinder and Slide fixed rear on S&W revolvers. I like it them for that use....a lot. Haven't tried a Big Dot.
Posted By: deflave Re: XS Standard/Big Dot? - 08/23/18
I shoot them at distance just fine. Probably wouldn't slap one on a PPC gun, but I don't see any handicap with them.
Posted By: TWR Re: XS Standard/Big Dot? - 08/23/18
I put a set on my Shield and the wide rear "V" was totally useless for me. I let a younger shooter try them and he liked em so I replaced them with Trijicon HD's and gave the XS set to him. I haven't seen him since so he might be mad at me...

I do have a tritium big dot on my J frame that works okay but that rear sight is wonky.
Posted By: ken999 Re: XS Standard/Big Dot? - 08/24/18
I haven't found a down side yet.

So far I've shot them at 25, nothing further. Maybe if I back up more I won't like them as much?

I do like the easy of sorting out the sight picture when drawing and shooting. Which is the main reason I got them. I wasnt looking for match grade accuracy.

So far so good.
Posted By: JOG Re: XS Standard/Big Dot? - 08/24/18
Ok...go to Bing.com on a computer and search for "xs big dot". Tell me what you see...
Posted By: JOG Re: XS Standard/Big Dot? - 08/24/18
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire