553p in 223
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Finally pride and joy an original
(p210-6)with 22 conversion
Posted By: RJM Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
I've only owned two...

556R 7.62x39 rifle and a recently purchased P210 Standard...both are excellent shooters...

Love your 210-6...hopefully SIG will make a .22 Conversion for the new models also...

Bob
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
I have a 220. I'm a fan.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
I've gone to a Sig 229 Legion as my EDC; maybe the best non-1911 gun I've ever owned.

MM
Posted By: Windfall Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
Gun guy I met is big into Sigs and has Legion series 226, 229, a new 365, but his all time favorite is a Legion 229 SAO. Is an SAO that much smoother than a double action 229? He seems to think so because his 229 DA was for sale.
Posted By: plastikosmd Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
I would like to try a new model 210

Funny story, when I got the 210, i took it to the range and it was being admired by a fellow shooter. I let him know that this was my first time shooting it. We set up a target at 25 yards. Low and behold, Five shots that could be covered with a quarter. (This was standing two hand grip.) I just smiled, set the gun down went and got the target and went home.

Complete luck but it sure looked impressive to the other shooter LOL

I’ll see if I can find a picture
Posted By: Teal Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
Always wanted a 226 Mk25 - just cuz.
Posted By: mrmarklin Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
I have twelve of them. So yeah, I’m a fan.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
Well made and reliable guns, but for some reason they make their traditional lines of guns with huge-ass bore axes. And for no reason at all, they carried that tradition over to the P320, too. Nuts. There's no hammer on it, so no need for it.
Originally Posted by Windfall
Gun guy I met is big into Sigs and has Legion series 226, 229, a new 365, but his all time favorite is a Legion 229 SAO. Is an SAO that much smoother than a double action 229? He seems to think so because his 229 DA was for sale.

Mine is an SAO, as at heart, I'm a 1911 guy.

The SAO & the DA/SA 229's are the same gun except for the trigger & a safety on the SAO.

The SAO trigger is very, very close to a 1911 feel; the DA/SA is also very, very good with a dedicated trigger to the Legion series & for anyone who is not comfortable carrying cocked & locked, it's the next best choice..................DA pull is excellent & the SA pull is only a tad not as good as the SAO.

I have a Beretta 92 Compact with a highly re-worked over trigger with an outstanding DA pull, & the DA/SA Sig Legion is every bit as good or better right out of the box.

JMHO

MM
I like my Sig P238 and Sig AR, though. And should never have sold my Sig P230 back in the 1990s. The latter is basically their modernized version of the PPK in .380.

Sold my P228, P220, P320, and P239 for the bore axis issue on all four. Otherwise, apart from that issue, among the best traditional double action auto-pistols out there.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
I have two West German Sigs, a P226, and a P225. Latest is a P365. All are sweet shooters. I much prefer the balance of the earlier lighter folded slide 9mms over the later machined slides.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I have a 2 West German Sigs, a P226, and a P225. Latest is a P365. All are sweet shooters. I much prefer the balance of the earlier lighter folded slide 9mms over the later machined slides.

My old P228 was West German marked, too. I likely should have kept it just for collector value. I bought it new in the 1980s.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
Just bought my first, a couple of p290 compact 9s. They seem ok
Posted By: ChipM Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
I bought my first last year, a P320, really impressed with how the gun shoots
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
I have three. Most recent is a 229 Elite carry. Plus a p 232 and 938. Hasbeen
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
Was issued a 226 for > 10 years. Dead nuts reliable and ammo was free so I learned to shoot them well. Clunky handling and crappy trigger. I would never buy another.

mike r
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
For years the only Sig I had was one of their 1911's, an STX. It's been trouble free and is a good shooter. Several months ago I got a 365 and it's my EDC. It, also has been trouble free and is a good shooter. The 365 is amazing. For such a little gun it really, to me, shoots like a big gun. When I'm shooting it I don't have the sense I do when shooting other small pistols or revolvers, sort of a feeling that the gun is barely adequate for shooting...hard to explain. In any case, I don't get it with the 365.

The idea of getting a large frame SIG keeps flying across my mental radar, especially in 10mm.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Was issued a 226 for > 10 years. Dead nuts reliable and ammo was free so I learned to shoot them well. Clunky handling and crappy trigger. I would never buy another.

mike r

Me too... P226 .40 SW. Very accurate and reliable. However it just isn't my like in a defensive handgun.
Posted By: kevinpauley Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
I have two. A p365 and a 522.
Posted By: StarchedCover Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
SIG's
Yes, I got a little carried away with them and I still have a few.

P6
P220 heel release in 9mm
P220
P220R
P210A
P225
P226
P226R
P226K
P228
P229
P229 SAS Gen II
P239 (9mm & 40)
1911 "Carry"

While I am partial to the W. German pistols I am giving serious consideration to a P365XL in the near future.

StarchedCover
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

Newer stuff is considerably better, IMO.

I'll take most of the newer Sigs any day over a Glock of any persuasion.

My current EDC is a Sig 229 Legion SAO. Dead solid accurate & reliable with the trigger of a 1911.

MM
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/20/20
Plastikosmd: Nope.
My Glocks have served me EXCEPTIONALLY well for over 30 years now both professionally and personally and I see no need to change.
I have shot right along side "Sig's" and handled/shot many but I have no compunction what so ever to ante up the additional monies needed to buy my first one.
GO GLOCK.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
Only one, a 238. Great CCW. I was very surprised at how accurate this little thing is. Wife can handle it as well, first semi that she can rack the slide with no issues.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
Just the new stuff is all I’ve tried.

P365 x2
P365XL x2
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
Hell yes, a P226 tac-ops in 40 cal I cant tear up or make fail in damn near 10 years I guess, plus, just bought Wife a second P365, fine fighting guns.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Plastikosmd: Nope.
My Glocks have served me EXCEPTIONALLY well for over 30 years now both professionally and personally and I see no need to change.
I have shot right along side "Sig's" and handled/shot many but I have no compunction what so ever to ante up the additional monies needed to buy my first one.
GO GLOCK.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

A man after my own heart. Go Glock.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
I cannot think of a single thing that a Gluck does better than a comparable Sig except cost a little less.

MM
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
Yea, not a glock fan. They work fine, but not for me.
Posted By: lastround Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
I’ve owned and shot two Glock 19’s, three S&W M&P’s, and two Ruger1911’s. All damn good, dependable guns. But, the next time I lay out money for a medium to full sized semi-auto, it will be for a Sig. and preferably a P226 or a P229 in DA/SA. I just like them a lot and feel good when carrying one. And mine will be New Hampshire Guns. To each his own.
Posted By: lynntelk Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
Originally Posted by mrmarklin

These do seem to multiple after you quit drinking the Gluck koolaid.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
My BIL is an ex-Navy Seal, seen a fair bit of action..................he never carried a Gluck (hint), & he had his choice of handguns.

You get 3 guesses as to what he chose & the 1st two don't count.

Not knocking Glucks, but lots of Gluck guys are blinded by the light, & there is life beyond Gluck, really there is.

MM
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
I really enjoy my P226 and P229. If I could carry the P226 on duty, I would. When it comes to irons, I shoot a P226 better than any other double stack 9mm.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
I really enjoy my P226 and P229. If I could carry the P226 on duty, I would. When it comes to irons, I shoot a P226 better than any other double stack 9mm.

Despite shooting my 226 a lot, the DA-SA transition always troubled me. I never felt truly comfortable, smooth and fast with it.
Posted By: plastikosmd Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
Glocks are fine guns, just not my thing
Posted By: TWR Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
My first carry gun was a 230, then a 228, then a 220. Wound up selling them all. A few years later I got a West Germany 228 that had seen lots of use. Swapped a few parts, springs and shot the carp out of it but just couldn't get comfortable with the DA/SA transition. Sold it a few months ago.

Maybe a SAO 226 or 220 would be okay but I've moved on.

I am surprised to hear the love for the New Hampshire guns.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
Originally Posted by MOGC

Despite shooting my 226 a lot, the DA-SA transition always troubled me. I never felt truly comfortable, smooth and fast with it.

Yep.
Posted By: Waders Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
Not a complaint, just an observation: So many threads about not-Glocks become threads about Glocks.
Posted By: plastikosmd Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
^lol

Tis ok, There is always some opinion bleed-over.
I have some favorites (sig, freedom arms, 40x’s, cz) but I own a bit of everything

As long as we don’t get the “ &&& brand sucks and @@@ is the only good brand types”
Posted By: lastround Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
Originally Posted by TWR
My first carry gun was a 230, then a 228, then a 220. Wound up selling them all. A few years later I got a West Germany 228 that had seen lots of use. Swapped a few parts, springs and shot the carp out of it but just couldn't get comfortable with the DA/SA transition. Sold it a few months ago.

Maybe a SAO 226 or 220 would be okay but I've moved on.

I am surprised to hear the love for the New Hampshire guns.

Made in the USA. It means something to me.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
Love my Sig P365XL hybrid - 365XL slide with 365 grip, it's my standard carry gun.

Also love my Glock 34 Gen 5 and will get a Gen 5 G17 as soon as they come back in stock.

They are both Teutonic; können wir nicht alle miteinander auskommen?
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
I've had three, an old west German 220, I let my brother talk me out of, and a couple of P229s in 40 caliber. The 229 that stayed is an old pre-rail model with the rounded trigger guard.

I've had a lot of service/carry guns but nothing I liked better. I shoot these as well as any pistol I've ever owned.
Posted By: TWR Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
Originally Posted by Waders
Not a complaint, just an observation: So many threads about not-Glocks become threads about Glocks.

I didn't mention the G word... smile

But so many Glock threads become threads about how some don't like them.
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20

Do you still have the factory mainspring? Sigs are over-sprung from the factory. I have a older 220 and ended up switching the trigger out for the slimmer version, added SRT, replaced the main spring to 18#, added G10 grips, etc. All my Sigs after that don’t even go to the range before all that is done. The 18# spring makes the DA really manageable.
Posted By: Hawkeye_Reloader Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/21/20
I have a 365 currently and an 320 xcarry incoming...
Posted By: mwarren Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/22/20
+1 and I don't see where you have any issue to be concerned about. Love the 220 S pictured. I enjoy my 226 stainless Elite. Question for you Sig 226 owners....what holster do you like and specifically what shoulder holster?

I currently am using a Galco pancake holster because my 226 would not fit in the Galco vertical shoulder holster. I really tried to make my 226 Elite fit but it was just too tight.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/22/20
In a SIG thread it always comes back to a glock boy posting something negative out of their own insecurity that something might supplant their object of worship. A glock is a lot of things but not as accurate in my hands as my P365 or P320X carry. I like the G19, the G17, the G20 guns, but the little glocks don't hold a candle to the little sigs. The P320X about the same size as a G19, and with a hell of a good trigger, much more accurate than any box/stock G19 I have ever owned.
I won't get rid of my glocks, there are a lot of aftermarket parts and they are a decent close range blaster, but the newer SIGs are gonna give them a good run for their money. Sorry Glock boy's the world has changed since Gaston first introduced his innovative pistol. Bore hole axis be damned I shoot the SIGS better!
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/22/20
Originally Posted by Waders

Not compared to the extent to which threads about Glocks become threads about how Sigs are better and Glocks suck.

And I generally don't talk about Sigs without mentioning that I have two Sigs currently, like them a great deal, and keep one of them loaded (the AR), not to mention how I've owned several others, and think they are all well built and reliable, even the ones I chose to sell due to a combination of two issues, i.e., ridiculously high bore axis and not liking the transition from double to single action.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/22/20
Glocks don't suck they are just not the best choice anymore.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/22/20
Originally Posted by jimmyp

I personally would amend this to "Glock doesn't suck, but it is not the ONLY good choice in today's handgun market." There are lots of very capable high quality handguns to choose from today and some of them have qualities that make them a better choice than Glock for many users.
Posted By: plastikosmd Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/22/20
Well I found that pic I was talking about in post 5 or so
1st group, 5 shot, 25 yard, standing
I just packed up and left lol
Posted By: Teal Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/22/20
Originally Posted by jimmyp

I personally would amend this to "Glock doesn't suck, but it is not the ONLY good choice in today's handgun market." There are lots of very capable high quality handguns to choose from today and some of them have qualities that make them a better choice than Glock for many users.

I would agree. Plus it's getting harder to sell "Perfection v.5" and then "Perfection v.6" etc.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/22/20

Thank you.

I have a Sig P365, P320 X-Full and X-Carry, a S&W M&P 2.0 FDE 5" and 4" Compact model, and a Glock 34 and 19.

All of them are excellent pistols in their own right and while any one of those may do something better than the others - nothing can match the Sigs for sheer accuracy, after trying them all and giving them a fair and objective evaluation the Glocks met more of my personal criteria than the Sigs or Smiths. Which kind of surprised me since I never liked Glocks until I bought one. But the Sig P365 still met the criteria for a specific use better than anything else.

"Mine's better'n yours" is the rallying cry of those whose only sense of self worth comes from their possessions. "What's the best..." is an open question without defining the criteria to determine the answer, and a question too often asked by those too inexperienced or perhaps too lazy to decide for themselves. Each person needs to determine their own needs and get whatever meets those.

Just an old story which y'all can skip if you want. I knew a guy back in the 70's that wanted 'The Best" (with heavenly choir and fanfare of trumpets in the background) of something. So he got what many people considered The BEST and he was happy as a clam. Then someone else got something else and he asked us, "is that better than mine?", and the answer was, "well, it does do this one specific thing better than yours". And just like that, he hated his purchase. It wasn't The BEST. Lots of folks are like that.
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/22/20

P225A, 226, 229, 227SAS.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/22/20
Originally Posted by plastikosmd
Well I found that pic I was talking about in post 5 or so
1st group, 5 shot, 25 yard, standing
I just packed up and left lol

Now that's a Sig I could like.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/23/20
SIG 938. Tiny “carry” gun. Shoots really well with good power. Little heavy trigger.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/23/20
Originally Posted by navlav8r
SIG 938. Tiny “carry” gun. Shoots really well with good power. Little heavy trigger.

Yep, another one I could like. I have the Sig P238, which is essentially the same gun scaled down for .380 ACP. Neat, well made, little weapon. Only reason I don't carry it anymore is that I got it as a back up to my 1911 back when I carried 1911s, but since I no longer train on a 1911 (Glock guy now), I wouldn't want to carry a gun with a manual safety.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/23/20
220 and 228 on hand. I had a 230 and 239 but moved them down the road.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/23/20
About to be a bigger Sig fan, have a 357 Sig barrel and a couple bags of Sig brass on the way for my P226 40 cal, this will be a fun conversion, I need a set of 357 Sig reloading dies, think I best look into a Lee FCD too.
Posted By: plastikosmd Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/24/20
I would like to try a 357 sig at some point
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/24/20

Yessir, i'll be playing around looking for 1650 fps with the 90gr Lehigh Defenders, should be a dang good little burner if they'll shoot to the sights.
Posted By: Teal Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/24/20
No love for a 38-45 Clerke over 357 Sig?
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/27/20
Originally Posted by gunner500

Yessir, i'll be playing around looking for 1650 fps with the 90gr Lehigh Defenders, should be a dang good little burner if they'll shoot to the sights.

The Gods smiled, book load of Longshot with 90gr Lehigh went 1660 fps in my new 357 sig barrel for my P226, don't have my dies yet so cant shoot for accuracy, just chamfering inside case mouth and carefully seating bullet with 40 S&W dies.
Posted By: Wildcatter264 Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/28/20
I’m a Sig fan because they are producing one of the best EDCs right now. For the past 18 months, I’ve been carrying the Sig P365 about 90% of the time because of its concelability, accuracy, ergonomics, and trigger. The only change I would have made would have been to lengthen the grip for more reliable tactical magazine ejection.

Guess what? Sig issued the P365XL with the full size grip module, but also the longer slide/barrel length. For AIWB carry, the longer slide is not an advantage.

So the perfect solution is a P365 slide assembly on a P365XL frame. Easy conversion buuying the P365XL grip module and the 12 round mag conversion base plates.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My new EDC when I carry a striker fired 9mm.
Posted By: doubletap Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/28/20
Carried a P220 on duty for years. Was glad to be rid of it.
Posted By: JefeMojado Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/28/20
No
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/28/20
Spent the last few years I worked full time I carried da 226 in 357 Sig. Still one of my most carried daily handguns
Posted By: mrmarklin Re: Anyone a sig fan? - 04/28/20
Originally Posted by mrmarklin

I Lied. I have 13.

P 210-5 9mm with .22LR kit
P 232 .380
P 220 .45ACP with .22LR kit
P 220S .45ACP
P 229S .40 S&W
P 226 S X-5 9mm
P 226 9mm
P 225 9mm
P 320 X-5 9mm
P 229 .357 SIG have .40S&W barrel as well.
P 239 9mm
Granite model 1911 .45ACP
P 238
© 24hourcampfire