Home
Posted By: PaulBarnard Good Ammo Score - 07/13/20
I stopped by Gene Taylor Sporting Goods in Gunnison CO. It's a really good store by the way. Didn't need this ammo, but at 2.99 a box, I cleaned them out.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: MOGC Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/14/20
I would have done the same!
Posted By: papat Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/14/20
Wonderful snag
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/14/20
Good decision 😊
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/14/20
I don't know how it shoots in any of my guns, but at that price even if it's not really accurate it'll make good plinking stuff.
Posted By: kragman1 Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/14/20
Expect to be not quite match good.
I love that stuff
If you ever pass through Gunnison, this store is worth a visit. The workers are friendly and helpful. They have good prices across the board and great sales at times. I think this was mis-marked.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/14/20
Funny,A guy on rimfirecentral got the same thing wink
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/14/20
Pretty selfish, didn't need it but took all of it. Didn't think about leaving any for a brother RF shooter, hogged it all for yourself. Next time there isn't any to be had, look yourself in the mirror before complaining. You're one of the clods that caused it to happen !
Posted By: Seven_Heaven Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/14/20
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Pretty selfish, didn't need it but took all of it. Didn't think about leaving any for a brother RF shooter, hogged it all for yourself. Next time there isn't any to be had, look yourself in the mirror before complaining. You're one of the clods that caused it to happen !

This.

Atonement may be made by shipping half of it to me asap.

PM me for shipping instructions.

Really though, I'm just jealous and hope they shoot great for ya. smile

All of that over 12 boxes of 22 LR rimfire?
Quantity matters not, it's the fact you didn't need it and didn't leave any for someone else. Get it now, probably not selfish never does.
Posted By: jk16 Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/14/20
That load is basically the same stuff as the Black Boxed Norma .TAC 22LR.. It's all RUAG(RWS) made.. In most guns it is solid MOA or better ammo.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/14/20

I would have bought it all too, good snag
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/14/20
Quantity matters not, it's the fact you didn't need it and didn't leave any for someone else. Get it now, probably not selfish never does.

I buy alot of stuff I dont need

I don't need a lot of what I buy. I don't need the 8 guns I own that shoot it. Go peddle your butthurt somewhere else.
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/14/20
Any time I find 22lr , 22 mag. Or 17hmr on a deal I buy it... I might not need it today, but in the future I will use it or one of my friends may need some...
Selfish = Stupid therefor you'll never get my point. I have .22 ammo sufficient to my needs, but someone else might have needed what you hogged. Just the fact that you're here bragging about it shows you know taking it all was not the attitude to have. Guess you never learned about sharing ever.
Posted By: 160user Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/14/20
Selfish = Stupid therefor you'll never get my point. I have .22 ammo sufficient to my needs, but someone else might have needed what you hogged. Just the fact that you're here bragging about it shows you know taking it all was not the attitude to have. Guess you never learned about sharing ever.

I would have bought it all too. I will use it eventually, it doesn't go bad sitting on the shelf and it never seems to go down in price.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/14/20

Whatever you say, Karen.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/14/20
Good grief, it was 12 boxes, not bricks or cases of ammo. If you think 12 boxes of ammo is a lot you aren't shooting enough.
It's not about the quantity rather it's about the greed of taking it all and then gloating about it online as though it's a commendable accomplishment.

You are a [bleep] idiot. When Wal Mart had insane closeouts 2 years ago, I started a thread that introduced this forum to Wal Mart's closeout practices. It brought me tremendous joy to watch hundreds of members here score killer deals. There have been a number of other deals I have turned the forum onto. Go peddle your butthurt somewhere else.
Posted By: 222Sako Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/15/20
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I stopped by Gene Taylor Sporting Goods in Gunnison CO. It's a really good store by the way. Didn't need this ammo, but at 2.99 a box, I cleaned them out.

Used to shop the Gene Taylors in Grand Junction.......30 some years ago when I lived on the western slope. They always had good deals and was one of my all time favorite gun shops. Last time I was there, a big box store(can't recall which one) sat in its place. Glad to hear that the one in Gunnison is alive and well. Good snag on the ammo, although I saw the same stuff for the same price a year ago in Janesville WI at the Farm and Fleet.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/15/20
is there a bigger crybaby on the 'fire than gunwizzer?
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/15/20

You are a [bleep] idiot. When Wal Mart had insane closeouts 2 years ago, I started a thread that introduced this forum to Wal Mart's closeout practices. It brought me tremendous joy to watch hundreds of members here score killer deals. There have been a number of other deals I have turned the forum onto. Go peddle your butthurt somewhere else.

When Wal Mart did the closeouts on AR15's a few years back I went around and bought 47 of them, I must be stupid
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/15/20
What gives you the idea that I'm butthurt ? Just surprised you're such a greedy clod to buy all that was available and then come here to boast and gloat about it ! In this instance you DID NOT introduce anyone to the deal, you hogged it all for yourself !
Posted By: PeeDeeRiver Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/15/20
You sound like a communist. He can buy as much as he wants/can afford, and 11 boxes barely a day at the range...
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/15/20
Originally Posted by 222Sako

Used to shop the Gene Taylors in Grand Junction.......30 some years ago when I lived on the western slope. They always had good deals and was one of my all time favorite gun shops. Last time I was there, a big box store(can't recall which one) sat in its place. Glad to hear that the one in Gunnison is alive and well. Good snag on the ammo, although I saw the same stuff for the same price a year ago in Janesville WI at the Farm and Fleet.

It really is a great store. If I were local, it'd be my go-to store.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/15/20
gunwizzer is gonna be even more pissed when he finds out you robbed the guys that actually live there. You hit-and-runner, you....
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/15/20
Doesn't matter what we post some [bleep] has to bitch... Great buy!!
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/15/20
Holy [bleep]! Gun"wizard" went full retard! Good buy Paul. I'd have done the same. 12 boxes of .22lr puts this dumbphugg on the floor in fetal position sucking his thumb.
TFF!
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/16/20
and a full case strokes him out......
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/16/20
Thank God Paul didn't tell him about grabbing the last 2 muddy girl camo tank tops off the clearance table.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/17/20
I'll look 'em up next time I'm in the area.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/17/20
Don't see anything wrong with buying whatever you find, as long as it's for personal use. Scalpers, not shooters, created the last mess IMO. I usually buy at least a brick when trying out new stuff, since lot variation makes just buying a box or two pretty much a waste of time. Under-performers go in the pistol pile.

Anyone caught short in the current market has only themselves to blame.

SGAmmo often has RWS at very good prices. So far, only the SSHPS have been really outstanding for me.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/17/20
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Thank God Paul didn't tell him about grabbing the last 2 muddy girl camo tank tops off the clearance table.

Damn his eyes!😡
Posted By: savage24 Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/19/20
PaulBarnard - congratulations on the good score!

Gunswizard - get a grip!

I would sell ammo to a newbie in need for the price I paid for it if asked. I would also explain to them that the time to buy all they can afford is when stock is plentiful and prices are low. That’s just how it is. One can adapt and plan accordingly or sit around and cry about it.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/20/20

What! he got the last 2 muddy girl camo tank top, nows that dang selfish
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/20/20
Originally Posted by gemby58

What! he got the last 2 muddy girl camo tank top, nows that dang selfish

They fit great too.
Posted By: Circles Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/22/20

Gene Taylors is awesome, I stop in every other year when I’m out there for elk. They have anything you forgot to bring and anything you might want.

Last visit I overheard one of the young lady employees bitching to a coworker about her schedule. It went something like this, “They know I’ve got tags for third season, this is the only weekend I have to hunt, I’m NOT coming in on Saturday!”

Then when I was waiting for my turn at the register, another young lady working the register was explaining to someone how plotts made for better lion dogs than walkers because plotts were better family dogs. I happen to agree with her but I was astonished there was a young lady in Gunnison who knew what plotts and walkers were.

If you haven’t done it yet, Mario’s pizza is also worth a visit. Go hungry.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/22/20
Originally Posted by Circles

Gene Taylors is awesome, I stop in every other year when I’m out there for elk. They have anything you forgot to bring and anything you might want.

Last visit I overheard one of the young lady employees bitching to a coworker about her schedule. It went something like this, “They know I’ve got tags for third season, this is the only weekend I have to hunt, I’m NOT coming in on Saturday!”

Then when I was waiting for my turn at the register, another young lady working the register was explaining to someone how plotts made for better lion dogs than walkers because plotts were better family dogs. I happen to agree with her but I was astonished there was a young lady in Gunnison who knew what plotts and walkers were.

The counter girls were easy to look at when I checked out!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/22/20

Better than a discount!
Posted By: HARDBALLER Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/22/20
Originally Posted by Circles

I would have hid the 11 boxes and made 12 trips. Buying one box at a time........
Posted By: HitnRun Re: Good Ammo Score - 07/22/20

Absolutely comrade! Make sure that anything you don’t like is labeled as such and you have the guts to stand up against such opulence. Thank goodness we have retail nazis like you to keep us in line.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Good Ammo Score - 08/09/20
stopped at the local hardware store yesterday. Took ALL the SV match they had. I did leave the minimags and fed bulk stuff for others, so gunwizard wouldn't stroke out....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Good Ammo Score - 03/03/21
Gunjizzer, now I hope my purchase makes more sense to you. I do have my doubts that this is within the realms of your comprehension though. I am not one of the dolts cutting back on shooting out of fear I might run out of ammo. The silliness with ammo can run for a while before I have to stop shooting. Carry on.
Posted By: m1919 Re: Good Ammo Score - 03/03/21
Originally Posted by huntsman22
stopped at the local hardware store yesterday. Took ALL the SV match they had. I did leave the minimags and fed bulk stuff for others, so gunwizard wouldn't stroke out....

That's good stuff Huntsman...I would have done the same.

I'm a big fan of Norma Match. Shoots well above it's price point... but don't tell anyone, wouldn't want to start a buying frenzy..
Originally Posted by m1919
Originally Posted by huntsman22

That's good stuff Huntsman...I would have done the same.

I'm a big fan of Norma Match. Shoots well above it's price point... but don't tell anyone, wouldn't want to start a buying frenzy..

I consider it to be one of the best bang for the buck 22 offerings.
Posted By: Uncle_Alvah Re: Good Ammo Score - 03/03/21
Greedy or not makes no difference. The question is why would you think anyone gives a [bleep]? Needing validation?

Hey! I just bought a yard of #57 aggregate stone. Maybe I should take pictures and post it?

Lame.....
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
Greedy or not makes no difference. The question is why would you think anyone gives a [bleep]? Needing validation?

Hey! I just bought a yard of #57 aggregate stone. Maybe I should take pictures and post it?

Lame.....

Threads are composed largely for entertainment purposes. This one was informational as well. Some got the thrill of the the score. It even stirred up a good chat about the subject store and the employees. Then it served a tertiary purpose of bringing out whiny cundts who need to go fist themselves. That wasn't the intent, but that's no reason not to laugh at the pathetic twats.
© 24hourcampfire