Home
Posted By: OSU_Sig Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/12/20
It's a 17 HMR and I'm very interested in wringing all the accuracy out of it I can get. Let's look at some good glass but let's not forget we're talking about a rimfire.
Ready, go!
Posted By: Brian Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/12/20
Leupold 3-9x33 efr (yes the new freedom one is ugly but the vx2s on eBay are crazy money)
Leupold 6.5-20x40 efr (aim small miss small pick off prairie dogs) better glass than the above scope
just put a LRTS on the 17 whoregnat. Thinking hard if I want to upgrade the burris on my hummer to one, too....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/12/20
I like...
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/12/20
Hard to beat one of the SWFAs for futzing around at the range.

In the field, I want a more “outstanding” reticle, and probably a variable with a 12-16x top end.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/12/20
Bob's 25 MOA rail and a 6x MQ.

It stands alone,with 10yd parallax,42+ Mil erector travel,an etched reticle that jives turrets,zero retention,tracking and repeats.

Hint...............
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/12/20
I Love the LRTS and especially the '12x Lit Bitch's...but just buckled,given these Politics. Hint.

Laughing!................

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: Judman Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/12/20
Can you (buy) Kerri back with that??? Or she still got that ass up in the air for any swinging Dick??? Hint

Laughing...................
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/12/20
hard to argue that...
Posted By: BKS Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/13/20
I have that rifle and the 22 version I just scoped them both with Meopta Optika 6 4.5x27x50 scopes. Glass is great and the scopes seem good.
Posted By: pointer Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/15/20
My T1X, while a 22LR, has a SWFA 3-9 on it since I had one laying about. Only fly is the lack of focus for really close shots. Might considering going to a SWFA 6X someday for the focus alone. But might not...
Put one of these on my CZ 457 17HMR. Midway had them on sale for $249 on Black Friday. Just got some snow so I may need to try it out on some Jack Rabbits.

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-viper-4-12x40-pa-dead-hold-bdc-moa-riflescope.html
Posted By: Cluggins Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/15/20
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
It's a 17 HMR and I'm very interested in wringing all the accuracy out of it I can get. Let's look at some good glass but let's not forget we're talking about a rimfire.
Ready, go!

Are you going to be twisting knobs? Are you going to compete?
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/16/20
Originally Posted by Cluggins
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Ready, go!

Are you going to be twisting knobs? Are you going to compete?

Not with this rifle. This will be primarily for prairie dogs and other critters.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/16/20
Got a couple leupold 6.5x20 efr that sits nice on a t1x, for sale in classified
I have these on 2 rimfires and like them very well. I haven't done anything with them other than zeroed them in and shot. They behaved perfectly during the setting process.

https://www.scheels.com/p/burris-droptine-4.5-14x42mm-ballistic-plex/00038100077.html
Posted By: coltfan Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/16/20
I have the .22 LR version, and I went a little different than most guys here. I put a used Schmidt and Bender 6x with a duplex reticle. Absolutely love it. Squirrels and pigeons don’t stand a chance.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/17/20
Lots of good choices being mentioned here.
OSU..have fixed SWFA’s on a .22 and a .17 and quite happy there..
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/17/20
Thanks Certifiable. Are you running 6X or larger?
Those are both 16’s. I am a shameless fan of them on rimfires for my applications
Here’s a group from the .17 above at 100. It was the best group of the lot so yes it’s cherry picked but out of half a dozen none were larger than an inch.
I’m well aware of the drawbacks of the 16 over the 6 and have several 6 and 10’s as well..but for the life of me I just can’t shoot as tight with a 6
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/18/20
I have a 16X that is just sitting around not doing much. That might be something to try.
Posted By: cotis Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/18/20
grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Let's scope my Tikka T1x - 12/20/20
That looks really nice, Cotis. I have looked at them and want to hear how people like them before I jump.
I have a 6x42 SWFA on my T1X. I like it, but I sometimes wish it was a variable.
© 24hourcampfire