Home
Posted By: STRSWilson Ruger 10/22 Speedloader - 12/04/23
There are several speedloaders for Ruger's rotary magazine on the market, but I pickup one of these last week. Probably the best purchase I've ever made for a 10/22...

Champion Traps And Targets 10/22 Magazine Speed Loader.

Champion Speed Loader
Posted By: J71248 Re: Ruger 10/22 Speedloader - 12/05/23
I need one of these. A couple years ago I was in the squirrel fields and the shooting was non stop. Reloading the mags wore me out that day.We shot for almost 8 hours straight that day.
Looks interesting. I have a speed loader that I've never used. It's different than the one pictured.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Ruger 10/22 Speedloader - 12/06/23
I've had one of those for a while. Sometimes can be problematic depending on the type of ammo.
I much prefer the one made by LULA

https://www.maglula.com/product/ruger-10-22-22lr-lula-loader-unloader-set/
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: Ruger 10/22 Speedloader - 12/06/23
I dunno. Just loaded up four 10 round rotary magazines and four BX-15 magazines with Eley Target and Tac 22. As long as you start with a single round loaded as they suggest, the Champion didn't stumble once.

Going to shoot a bunch on Friday and will load up more at the range. We'll see how it performs. So far, I don't miss handloading the bastards.
Posted By: colodog Re: Ruger 10/22 Speedloader - 12/06/23
I recently bought one of the Caldwell 10-22 loaders that works similarly to the Champion you bought.

Load one by hand and I'm good to go.

It's worth the money to get something to make loading easy!
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Ruger 10/22 Speedloader - 12/06/23
Will check them out, thanks for the posts..mb
MagLula by far.
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: Ruger 10/22 Speedloader - 12/11/23
We shot over the weekend and I timed how long it took to reload 4 BX-15 magazines. From start to finish including the started round all four magazines the reload took less that 2 minutes. That's 60 rounds without a hitch or misfeed.

The Champion Loader rocks. Unfortunately, that leaves more time to blow through ammo.
© 24hourcampfire