Home
Just saw this.

Ranger lever action rimfire. Aluminum receiver, straight grip walnut stock, take down action via screw in the receiver. Hammer is traditional three position with a half cock.

MSRP is $419.99 so street prices should be in the mid-upper $300 range once the newness wear off.

I can see one big mistake IMO right off the bat, the receiver is grooved for tipoff mounts instead of d&t so they've limited the choices available for scope and red dot mounts.

Not a 9422 by any means but otherwise it looks like a fairly nice, inexpensive plinker and small game rifle.

Overview page

https://www.winchesterguns.com/products/rifles/ranger/ranger.html#

[Linked Image from winchesterguns.com]
I was hoping for more of a 9422 craftsmanship. These are more of a Henry . Turkish made I guess?
At that price point I'll bet they're Turkish so I'll pass...

I searched the web for what info is out there and nobody has stated where it's made, especially not Winchester.

I suspect it would be marked, "Proudly made in the USA" if it was.
If you zoom in on the hi-res image, the barrel is stamped "Made by Istanbul Silah - Turkey".
Any info on when they will be available for sale? I haven’t seen a release date in any of the articles I saw.
Walnut and black krylon. Sweet
No mention of a hammer block safety.
Yup, Turkey. Not necessarily a bad thing, but IME caution is indicated, maybe even some hands-on function testing with dummy rounds. They make some nice stuff in Turkey, but also some crap, just like here. A good chunk of the malfunctions that occur during my weekly clays shooting involves Turkish autos, even ones branded by American companies.
I can see one big mistake IMO right off the bat, the receiver is grooved for tipoff mounts instead of d&t so they've limited the choices available for scope and red dot mounts.

Shoulda done both…..

There are grooved to PIC adapters, but they add failure points and add height.
Buttfugk terrorist supporting Turkey.
© 24hourcampfire