Home
I was wondering if anyone knows of a Ruger Mk III / Mk IV magazine configured for .22 shorts. Not looking / expecting them to cycle, just line up so I can hand operate the action without fumbling. The ammo would be .22 CB caps and the purpose is executing pests in the yard at real short range. I've got a 10/22 magazine which was either built for shorts or converted to shorts and it works well in the rifle. I'm looking for a handgun equivalent.
Use CCI Quiets instead. The Quiet Auto version may even feed. You’ll probably have to pick out the occasional jam.

I’ve shot Aguila Colibris in a couple of auto pistols, single fed. For whatever reason they shoot pretty accurately in autos, but miserably in a couple revolvers.
I've used the cci quiet22 in my ruger 22/45. The lead on the nose of the bullet was too soft and it would deform and hang up on the ramp, I guess because of the steep angle. Otherwise the gun would throw them fine.
I have 3 MK IV's, all shoot the CCI Quiet Semi Auto 22 at 835 fps. just fine, no failure to eject. They are really quiet with a Suppressor.
Ah .. thanks for that input!
© 24hourcampfire