Home
Got this recently and it was non-functioning and a bit ugly.

Before….
[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]

Complete disassembly, had to replace a couple parts, blasted it, cerakoted, and reassembled and running flawlessly.

After…
Thats very cool , I am a big 66 fan carried one as a kid , made sure both my kids had one too . I have never had to tear one down very far , are they as nasty to work on as I have been told ??
Not bad at all….one piece is a pain but with good disassembly and reassembly videos….it is certainly doable.
I'm a big fan of them,at one time I had a display with a Mohawk Brown,Seneca Green,and an Apache Black,with a Remington Post card announcing the release of the Nylon 66.
I had to sell off the Mohawk Brown and the Apache Black,but I kept the Senaca Green,has and old Weaver 3/4 .22 scope on it,and it's a shooter.
Congrats on getting it put back together. Not that easy.

I had to borrow a bud’s gun to see how mine went together. My gunsmith was impressed I got it back together, said he gets a bag of parts from time to time.

Those are good guns. As a teen, this same bud and I shot rats after dark at the city dump. We’d load up our 66’s, whack rats as fast as we could, turn off our headlights, reload by feel. By then, rats had settled down some. We’d hit the lights and repeat. We generally shot a brick of ammo each. Lots of rats bit the dust, didn’t seem to hurt the population.

Try that today….

DF
I put ONE back together many years ago and my fingers looked like I had been sacking Tom Cats by the time I was finished.
Great job. Thanks for sharing the pics too.
5Redman8: Good job on that resurrection!
One of Remingtons more bold and successful models.
Well over one million Model 66's were made in several different configurations.
Keep up the good work and great photography.
Come back Big Green - come back.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
nice work
I picked up an Apache, and sold it like an idiot. Anyway, stock had scratches and swirls. I took some flitz polish and went over all the plastic, made it look like new.
The Mississippi Delta farmers here loved em. Reliable like a brick. Most rode in a gun rack and were very dusty. Quick spray every other year with silicon and it was good to go. I never like the square front sight, prefer the bead on a post type. I had 2 and eventually traded em off. The second one was a model 10. Without the magazine in Bright’s Pawn Shop for $18. Found a mag elsewhere for $10. The good old days. Wish I had it back like a lot of guns and cars. Middle son got one 2 years ago and it was over $400. I remember the ads with the professional shooter on the pile of wooden blocks at LostVegas ( intentional spelling )That promotion sold a lot of Remington 66s based on reliability. Memories of the good times and Remington made good stuff.
Thanks for posting, Redman.
© 24hourcampfire