Home
Hi everyone. I friend of ours dropped this old pump 22 off a week or so ago. It came in pieces. Wanted to know if it was worth saving. Of course! I love these old 22s. Put it all together to make sure it was all there,and it was,but realized the stock wasn't right but someone way back when inleted it to work. All the metal was heavily rusted with a matted texture. Took everything apart, got the rust off and cold blued. It actually came out pretty good. I used BC PERMABLUE PASTE. Next was to get the stock reshaped and repair the forearm wich had worn thru from rubbing on the barrel. Was a fun project for sure. Hope you enjoy the pics.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Pretty cool. Looks much better now. Thanks for posting pics of the transformation, and reviving this old 22!!
Excellent craftsmanship
Great job!
That is a beautiful restoration - you did a great job and thank you for sharing!!

PennDog
Good post. Keep it up.
Nice save. Is that a Remington model 12 ?
Thank you everyone! I sure been having fun this winter fixing up these beautiful rifles of days gone by. Yes this is a model 12. It's an early version before they started stamping them on reciever or barrel. Remington advertisements called them the "new repeater 22" from 1909 thru 1917, I believe. This one was made around 1912.
Originally Posted by Sweets
Thank you everyone! I sure been having fun this winter fixing up these beautiful rifles of days gone by. Yes this is a model 12. It's an early version before they started stamping them on reciever or barrel. Remington advertisements called them the "new repeater 22" from 1909 thru 1917, I believe. This one was made around 1912.
Nice save
Originally Posted by Troutnut

Remington mod 12. Looks just like my Win mod 62a.
Originally Posted by Sweets

That's very cool. Makes me want to get my dad's gallery gun out and see how it shoots.
© 24hourcampfire