Home
Posted By: taylorce1 Interesting .22 LR - 03/02/24
I recieved an email from KYGUNCO this week, and in it was this rifle from Hammerli Arms.

This toggle action is similar to a Volquartsen I'm interested in for about half the price. I've been looking for a 17 HM2 rifle and Volquartsen and Savage are about the only game right now. This might be a cheaper option into an HM2 without buying the Volquartsen or building a full custom on a Bergara B14r .

I know Hammerli makes decent air rifles, but I've never been around their rimfire products.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/02/24
It's uglier than a hat full of ass holes.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/03/24
Originally Posted by Blackheart
It's uglier than a hat full of ass holes.
Tend to agree
Posted By: kandpand Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/03/24
Any accuracy reports out there yet?
Posted By: colodog Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/03/24
They announced them a month ago and it was mentioned here that Hammerli is part of Umarex now. It may not be the same Hammerli we've come to respect.

After being burned buying a Turkish 22 with an American brand name recently, I'll wait for accuracy reviews before I buy one.

I do like the concept!
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/03/24
Watch the video at the bottom of this page. LOLOLOLOLOL

https://hammerliarms.com/rifles/force-b1

I won't own one, if for no other reason than that dumbazz video.
Posted By: drover Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/03/24
WTF ??? - apparently whoever is behind that video was heavily influenced by the Mad Max movies. I have watched it twice and am still not sure what it is about or is supposed to represent or why it would influence someone buy one.

drover
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/03/24
Well, I'd be interested in a real world report as well. I agree the video was stupid, but I could care less about the video they produced. I'm more interested in the switch barrel application.
Posted By: kandpand Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/03/24
Originally Posted by colodog
They announced them a month ago and it was mentioned here that Hammerli is part of Umarex now. It may not be the same Hammerli we've come to respect.

After being burned buying a Turkish 22 with an American brand name recently, I'll wait for accuracy reviews before I buy one.

I do like the concept!

Exactly!
Posted By: aether_tech Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/04/24
I do not see the appeal beyond 'one-finger toggling' the bolt.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/04/24
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I didn't want one till I saw the video. Imagining how stealthy & deadly & macho & chit I could be if I had one.

You caused me to watch it, now I'll be shaking my head about it all day. Bout like gettin rid of an earworm. Gonna call that vid an eyeworm.

But yes, it is an interesting rifle.
Posted By: 4winds Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/04/24
Lord Humungous was in that video somewhere, I think?
Posted By: Chuck_R Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/04/24
I think it's replacing the 10-22 and all that video is missing is the "Tactical Wheelbarrow"..

AKA the legend of "gunkid".
Posted By: boatboy Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/06/24
My that is quite the video

WTHeck

Hank
Posted By: kenoh2 Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/22/24
The article in American Rifleman didn't show great accuracy results.
Posted By: colodog Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/22/24
I saw the same article, I'll pass. I had hope for it but tacticool isn't enough, it has to shoot.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/23/24
That's very ugly. I wouldn't care if it shot ragged hole groups. I had a Savage to do that, and even it was not as ugly..
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/23/24
Cmon BSA don’t lie you’re buying one based on those dudes beards alone!
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/23/24
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Cmon BSA don’t lie you’re buying one based on those dudes beards alone!

Ha ha...
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Interesting .22 LR - 03/23/24
Blackheart called it !
Posted By: Dubiedog Re: Interesting .22 LR - 04/01/24
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Watch the video at the bottom of this page. LOLOLOLOLOL

https://hammerliarms.com/rifles/force-b1

I agree with you on that one. Are they sponsoring a remake of Mad Max, or were they under attack by sage rats? Dawning the snow camo pancho in front of the John Deere was epic. Just a trendy bearded douche wearing his Amazon tactical mystery box gear.
Posted By: sagerat22 Re: Interesting .22 LR - 04/01/24
I was intrigued because the action is a Fortner straight pull action, the same one that Anschutz uses on their biathlon rifles and a few of their high end sporters. However the dismal accuracy as reported in the American Rifleman test terminated my interest.
Posted By: kandpand Re: Interesting .22 LR - 04/01/24
The accuracy report has terminated my interest also.
Posted By: thomasconnor Re: Interesting .22 LR - 04/17/24
If you want a quality toggle action at a third the cost of an Anschutz Fortner check out the Izhmash Biathlon Basic.

Also available in 22WMR.

Just don't expect to get one with fancy wood!...Tom

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Interesting .22 LR - 04/19/24
I was more intrigued by the ability to switch barrels than it being a toggle action. I was looking for a cheaper than Volquartsen to get a .17 Mach 2. However, those Izhmash rifles do look like they'd work for nice toggle .22lr.
© 24hourcampfire