Home
Posted By: NW AK Kids ear/eye protection - 02/20/08
My daughter is going to be 4 this summer, and is ready to go shooting with daddy (just ask her grin). What do you guys recommend for eye and ear protection for her? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: passport Re: Kids ear/eye protection - 02/20/08
Muffs and glasses, no plugs, and try and find glasses that fit as best you can. Should not need anything special.

Just keep it fun.
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Kids ear/eye protection - 02/22/08
I think plugs and muffs are a good idea at the range....Why not plugs??
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Kids ear/eye protection - 02/22/08
Good luck finding plugs that'll work. The squeeze down foam ones are all sized for adults and the younger kids (4-H trap) have the devil of a time, first getting them in and then keeping them in. If anyone knows where I can find disposable plugs made for kids I'd be grateful for a reply!
Posted By: passport Re: Kids ear/eye protection - 02/22/08
I have never seen plugs that fit kids for starters and they mess with them when you are not lookin.......... They fall out and get lost and then you are all done shooting. Put a 20 dollar set of muffs on them that they can draw on and mark up and those will be theres and it can be another "cool" thing about shootin

Trust me, ear plugs and kids do not go well very often.
Wish we could go to muffs, too many kids and not enough money. Parents will go for replacement disposables which we sell below cost but for some shell money is tight. (At or below cost too, depending on what the club can afford, free birds/range time.) The 12 to 14 year olds have the problems, nothing like stopping a round so a kid can fight a plug back in.
And real shooting/safety glasses, even if you need to go to an optometrist. Non-safety glasses can shatter, the fragments doing more damage than if no glasses at all.
© 24hourcampfire