Home
Posted By: Sako Bought a new one... Brno 611 - 05/12/08
Well I bought one tha I have been looking for this weekend on an online auction. It is a Brno (CZ) 611 in 22 mag.... This is one of the first ones I have had an opportuity to buy... Now the waiting game begins...... tick tock... tick tock.... I hate have to wait to have something shipped to me.... frown but I sure will like it when it arrives... grin

I can not wait to get it in my hands and take it to the range....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Sako,

Mine shoots well, good luck with your rifle...jim
Posted By: Sako Re: Bought a new one... Brno 611 - 05/13/08
Thanks... I hope mine shoots well... I had sold my CZ 452 22 mag a few years ago and have been wanting another 22mag for coyotes in close cover ( less than 100 yards... I live in east TN after all smile ) and I think this will do the trick.....
Good lookin rig. Did it include the scope also?...........547.
I picked one up a few years ago and when my son moved into his new place in the woods I gave it to him. Considering the stuff he has blasted with it there it has to be his favorite gun.

These rifles are finished in a superior manner.

[Linked Image]

He has a 2.5-10 on it now.
Posted By: Sako Re: Bought a new one... Brno 611 - 05/21/08
Originally Posted by 547
Good lookin rig. Did it include the scope also?...........547.

Yes.... Made it an even better deal.... smile
Posted By: Sako Re: Bought a new one... Brno 611 - 05/25/08
Well I finally got to the range with the new 611 and I am very pleased.... I shot 1/2 inch at 50 yards with 3 different ammos that I tried... (even with the not so great trigger....) This really surprised me with a auto 22mag.... I do not think this one will be going anywhere except the woods.... smile
1/2 inch at 50 yards; good stuff!

I have one I have not fired yet, may get it out this fall.

JS
Posted By: dancz Re: Bought a new one... Brno 611 - 06/02/08
I�m new here, this being only my second post, and came across this post on your model 611 Brnos.

I could do with more information on these if any of you guys have some. I know that most people seem to think them quite accurate. What are you all hunting with them? As you can see I�m from NZ so things are a little different here with regulations on firearms and hunting etc. Our firearm laws are quite strict.

I realise that there are two different common models of the 611 plus the 617 but how many other models of the 611 were made.

Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Sako Re: Bought a new one... Brno 611 - 06/02/08
I can not be much help on the model or numbers made... I do know this is the only one I have had a chance to buy reasonably... I have never seen one at a gun show... Only online... So there are not alot of them available here in the states...

I will shot coyotes mostly but would not hesitate to use it on any small game...
Posted By: dancz Re: Bought a new one... Brno 611 - 06/03/08
Here are my three 611�s plus the 617.

[Linked Image]

The silver engraved is the least common closely followed by the engraved blued model

Posted By: Sako Re: Bought a new one... Brno 611 - 06/03/08
Wow.... I really like the engraved models....
Posted By: dancz Re: Bought a new one... Brno 611 - 06/04/08
Here are a couple of closer shots of the engraving. Have any of you guys seen these models?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Do you know any thing more about them?

Posted By: Sako Re: Bought a new one... Brno 611 - 06/04/08
I have not seen any of those before.... Thanks for posting... They are very nice.

The guys on Rimfirecentral.com under the CZ forum may have more info on those....

Thanks for posting
Posted By: Tod Re: Bought a new one... Brno 611 - 06/06/08
I hate you. smile
Nice looking units. If they would just bury the magazine in the stock and smooth out the trigger guard lines I'd go after one. Don't know why, but I just have this thing against projecting magazines. 1Minute
You might get the best answers to your CZ/BRNO model questions, over on the CZ Rimfire Rifle Forum.

http://czechpistols82792.yuku.com/forums/35/t/CZF-RIMFIRES.html
Posted By: GoWyo Re: Bought a new one... Brno 611 - 06/13/08
I finally got to hold a 611a, gunshop in a nearby town has a beater for $345.00. Wow, they were sure cutting production costs on that model compared to the 611.

There are a couple 611's on the auction boards- Gunbroker I think. PRICEY RESERVES, OY VEY!

Congrats on your purchase Sako.
The 611's are the cats ass in a 22WMR, I have owned 3 of them an older first model 611 and then the later 611 K's. The only reason for getting rid of them was the cost of the magazines, 12 rounder was like 75.00 if you could find them. They all shot great and you can't do any better for a walk around gun. Good find and enjoy it.
© 24hourcampfire