Home
Posted By: ROMAC Savage Model 19NRA ?? - 03/13/09
Who out there can tell me about these? I'd love to know some basic information. I put this up in the Savage section but no one had any feedback in over a day.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Savage Model 19NRA ?? - 03/14/09
Rick99 knows alot about Savage 22s.

Jeff
Posted By: drover Re: Savage Model 19NRA ?? - 03/14/09
Go to Google and type in Savage model 19NRA and you will find some info on them.

drover
Posted By: sgtgeorge Re: Savage Model 19NRA ?? - 04/01/09
Those are really good rifles and are very accurate. A local dealer has one up for sale with a period scope mounted to it. He wants $600 for it.
VERY hard to find a mag for,......but do-able.

Unique in the one piece barrel / action, and this in and of itself makes it a very accurate rifle, very rigid and stable.......also something of a beotch to clean properly.

Trigger Sear surfaces go south, every 25-30 years ( of constant shooting) or so,.....and ones repaired once again turn up, right about now.

If the bore's blown out,....it's well worth relining,.....we will not again see their like.

Not a good rifle,.....a GREAT one.

GTC

Posted By: sgtgeorge Re: Savage Model 19NRA ?? - 04/01/09
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Unique in the one piece barrel / action, and this in and of itself makes it a very accurate rifle, very rigid and stable........
Not a good rifle,.....a GREAT one.GTC

I could not agree more. Many inexpensive Winchester and Remington 22's were constructed in the same fashion. They, too, are very accurate rifles, more so than they were probably intended to be.
Posted By: ROMAC Re: Savage Model 19NRA ?? - 04/05/09
Thanks for your input. The guy I bought it from is trying to find the magazine, it is lost somewhere in his basement. I also need to replace the windage screw on the site, if anyone has a source for something like this I'd like to here from you.
Those mags can be TOUGH to find,...I'll ask our local crew if there's some good sources hitherto untapped.

In a pinch, you can fit a hardwood "Loading Block / Magazine tray" and run it as a good single shot, while the search goes foward.

ROMAC if push comes to shove,.....I can make you up a replica Windage Knob,....and fit it to your sight assy.

You might hunt for years and not find one

There are several in the clutches of the local Buffalo League loonies that I can use as "Chinese Blueprints" , and I never pass up on the opportunity to buy another set of knurls ( I do think I've got knurls to cover that pitch pictured, though ).

Best Regards, and enjoy that new / old rifle ,

GTC

Posted By: ROMAC Re: Savage Model 19NRA ?? - 04/05/09
Crossfireoops, I have the screw, its' just that the head broke off and therefore the windage is loose. It just slides back and forth. I do not think it is repairable but at least for matching the threads I have it. The elevation screw has a different type head. Any advice would be appreciated.
A friend's got one(Been in the family since new),.....I don't.

I'll chase the thing down and get a scan of what that windage screw's about, and is supposed to look like.

Repairing that sorta' sight's not rocket science,....just small parts.

GTC
Posted By: FWP Re: Savage Model 19NRA ?? - 04/12/09
I have a complete rear sight that came off a 19NRA but I just checked and it is different from yours.

Have you checked GunParts.com to see if they have any rear sight parts? I know they do not have any mags right now.
© 24hourcampfire