Home
My new Remington 40X (22 RF.)Benchmark barrel, Bansner stock, talley lightweight rings/mounts, Leupold Vari X II rimfire scope, metal coated in satin black tough coat, stock coated in Freedom Green with MaxxGuard by Bell and Carlson. Targets are at 50 yards.

Attached picture 40X 001.jpg
Attached picture 40X 002.jpg
Attached picture 40X 003.jpg
Attached picture 40X 004.jpg
Sweet!
Jawshunting: WOW - what a beautiful Rifle!
And it shoots superbly well also!
Good for you and the 40X.
I have an all stock Remington 40X in 22 L.R. myself.
I had been wanting one of these for decades and early in 2,008 I bought a used one at a Gunshow on the west coast.
Mine has the 27 1/4" long neavy barrel and I currently have a Nikon Monarch 5.5x16.5 variable scope on it.
I took my 40X down to a friends "secret" shooting tunnel and with Winchester Power-Point hollowpoints I fired two groups (5 shots at 100 yards) that measured .712" and .768"!
It appears your custom barreled 40X would certainly do even better than that at 100 yards (in no wind or tunnel conditions).
I use my 40X for 75 to 120 yard Ground Squirrel Hunting.
The heavy barrel sure helps give me a "steady" sight picture under field conditions.
What are you going to be using your 40X for mostly?
Which power Leupold scope is that?
Wishing you continued success with your 40X!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
...I personaly have not seen a 40X that won't shoot lights out.Remington really does a good job on the 40X models!
I would be happy to swap my bone stock 40X DCM rifle for your rifle, you pay the shipping. I forgot about my Jewell trigger and 36X Leupold scope. How much coin did you spend on that project?

P.S. My rifle really likes the cheaper Wolf ammo, groups look much alike.
If you can believe, I built it to squirrel hunt, therefore, I built it as light as possible. I also like to shoot for groups at the range. With the exception of the 1 flyer, it has shot a few groups in the high 1's. It will shoot SK Match ($6.00/box, $4.50 before Obama) consistantly in the 2's. The scope is a 3-9X33 Rimfire scope with AO. I have about $1,800 in the whole rig. The action alone cost me $600. I know its ridiculous, but I HAD to have it. I am tickled **itless. jaws
Jawshunting: That Rifle should last you a lifetime!
To heck with the price!
And I am just tickled for you.
That is excellent shooting with a 3x9 scope!
Yes I am miffed to the max over what has happened to ammunition and components since it was clear hussein obama was gonna win the election!
Its always something!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Nice looking rig.
You sure have a winner in that rifle!
Great looking and accuracy to boot.

Don
Now that's a fine looking rimfire.
Didn't know B&C did coating on stocks other than their own, BTW. Good to know.
Awesome rifle Jawshunting....
I'd like to have one like that in a nice piece of Walnut.
Boy that is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt!! I would love to have it. Wish I had $1800.00 lying around.

Dave.
WOW what a great rifle. I'm sure you will get more than $1,800 of enjoyment from it.

Ernie
..can't get any better than that!!!!

I had an 80s vintage 40X Custom Shop Sporter repeater with gorgeous wood for about 15 years. It finally got to the point it was too valuable to shoot. It sold for $3600 in 2007....

I like your gun MUCH better....

Bob
Originally Posted by biglmbass
Now that's a fine looking rimfire.

+1

Nail
you done good!
WHO PUT IT TOGETHER FOR YOU? OR DID YOU DO IT YOURSELF?
Wow Jawshunting!! That is a beautiful rig. Excellent choice of components. You're going to have some fun with that. Congrats.
The rifle was smithed by Ray Perry of Bridge City, Texas. Great gunsmith and one hell of a nice guy. jaws
REALLY NICE!!!! Just about a perfect squirrel rig grin
That looks great. I built a 40x a couple of years ago also. I shoot it way more than anything else I have.

Pmc
What is the finished weight? That may be the most perfect 22 sporter I've ever seen.
Now thats a 22!
I would say that rimfire is as close to the perfect gun for the tree rats. Now there are no excuses for anything except a head shot. I hunt the rodents with an anshultz and laupa sub sonics hp. Try this sometime. shoot the nut out of there mouth first and when they collect there senses shoot em in the noggin He He.
when you wont to sell it let me know
Originally Posted by passport
Now thats a 22!
Originally Posted by passport
Now thats a 22!

That is an understatement
Nicely done!!! I just put one of the EFR Leupold's on my Rem 541S and I've thought about putting the "sporter mod" on one of my rimfire 40-X's. Hmmmmmm, you've got the brain turning over!
Now THAT is a rifle....

I had a 40X Custom Shop Sporter/repeater for about 15 years that just became too valuable to shoot. Bought it in the early 90s for $1350 and it sold for $3600 in about 2007.

Bob
is that transfer printed or painted
Interesting.

The post is 3 1/2 years old and the OP hasn't been online for the last year and a half.

I wouldn't expect an immediate response......
© 24hourcampfire