Home
Posted By: Swampman700 CZ 452 American - 07/27/09
My mom left me a few dollars when she passed away. I think I'm going to get a 452 American with it to remember her by.
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: CZ 452 American - 07/27/09
I purchased the 452 Trainer on Friday of last week. Love that 25 inch barrel and the iron sights on it. Haven't had time to shoot her but about 50 times but it really looks good so far. Can't wait to scope it and really see what it will do with some decent ammo.
Posted By: jpb Re: CZ 452 American - 07/27/09
Good move!

I still have the 452 that my father bought me more than 30 years ago. I still think of the trip to the gunstore with him every time I slide the rifle in the case to go shooting.

It has more than 70,000 shots through it (I used to shoot it in competition). No problems, and it still shoots little bitty groups with with many brands of ammo.

It is one of only 2 rifles that I cannot imagine parting with.

You will not regret getting one of these rifles.

John
Posted By: passport Re: CZ 452 American - 07/27/09
I think that is a wonderful thing to do!
Posted By: true Re: CZ 452 American - 07/27/09
I love my CZ 452 Silhouette and Ultra Lux...so much that I should have a CZ 452 FS and Scout in about a week.

Why not buy two to remember her by?
Posted By: Mikem2 Re: CZ 452 American - 07/28/09
All the CZ's .22 I have are shooters. The Full Stock with military type range adjustable sight is a blast to shoot. The Style 452 is by far the most accurate of the bunch, but not by much.

Well done, great idea.
Posted By: valad Re: CZ 452 American - 07/28/09
Swampman,

Sorry about the passing of your mom. My dad gave me a Marlin 39 for Christmas back when I was 16. I did not go to the store with him when be bought it but at least he got me a Marlin 39 Golden and a few shells. (My dad was not much of a hunter but he liked watching Western shows and them levers must have fixed on him.) I still think of that Christmas day when I see the rifle and especially around Christmas time I remember him fondly. I am sure if you bought this rifle with the money your mom left for you, you will always think of her when you go shoot that 452!
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: CZ 452 American - 08/01/09
I got the 452 American today. It has great piece of walnut and a real good trigger. Which rings are you guys using?
Posted By: SamOlson Re: CZ 452 American - 08/01/09
Swampman700, what cartridge?
I have one in 17HMR.

BLK ringmounts and a Bushnell Trophy 4-12x40AO scope.

The factory trigger on mine was pretty bad. Found about the popcan shim trick on a rimfire forum that fixed it right up.
Posted By: Mikem2 Re: CZ 452 American - 08/02/09
Used the CZ base/rings combo on mine with everything from a Leuopld to Simmons, including a Shepherd range reticle scope. All work just fine.

The trigger takes use to work in, have not tweaked mine other than use and they are fine.

Posted By: Swampman700 Re: CZ 452 American - 08/02/09
Mine is in .22LR.
Posted By: Tod Re: CZ 452 American - 08/02/09
I like the Talley CZ rings. The factory rings are on the crude side.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: CZ 452 American - 08/02/09
Originally Posted by Tod
I like the Talley CZ rings. The factory rings are on the crude side.

[Linked Image]

Tod:

I went with the Talley's, too. Great choice.

Is that trigger original? If not, what is it?

- Tom
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: CZ 452 American - 08/02/09
On the Talleys, did you get the 0.600 or the 0.350 height?
Posted By: CWORETIRED Re: CZ 452 American - 08/02/09
Swampman, I have 2 CZ's both 22's a Trainer and a American and love them. I would suggest you go over to Rimfire Central those boys/girls sure know thier CZ's.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: CZ 452 American - 08/02/09
I haven't been keeping up with CZ 452 news. Since the reported problems getting Eric Brooks kits, what is now considered the best approach to trigger improvement? Is there anything that seem to be "best" regardless of cost?

Paul
Posted By: wiktor Re: CZ 452 American - 08/02/09
I took mine to a Gunsmith and came away with a great trigger without any kind of "kit" installed.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: CZ 452 American - 08/02/09

Swampman:

Tell you the truth, I don't remember. I sent an e-mail to Talley, told them I had a 452, told them I'd ordered a certain make and model scope and I asked for a recommendation.

They told me and IIRC, I said okay, send me those. Been happy with them.

- Tom
Posted By: Tod Re: CZ 452 American - 08/03/09
The trigger is the RifleBasic. The rings are low, and required modification of the bolt handle to work with the scope bell.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: HotRod9mm Re: CZ 452 American - 08/03/09
I have several 452s and I ran one to the make shift range yesterday for a test
drive that I have not shot in a while. After setting up my portable bench and
shooting some clays that I found, the CZ reminded me of how well it shoots. So
I set up some paper to punch a few holes. I'm not the best shot but every once
in a while I can get the little 17HM2 to shoot fairly well.

Mueller APV
R/T Standard Dovetail Base
Leupold QRW Rings
R/T Trigger Sear/Shoe Kit
Eley ammo
Floated barrel
RD trigger Guard

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: CZ 452 American - 08/03/09
I don't want to mess with the bolt handle. I sometimes wonder why these sorts of things are never easy. I had to order 3 sets of rings before I found the right ones for my Interarms Mark-X .270.
Posted By: Mikem2 Re: CZ 452 American - 08/03/09
CZ base/rings are fine, have them on all mine.
Posted By: Nessmuk Re: CZ 452 American - 08/03/09
Like said, go to rimfire central, they have links to trigger kits, said to be very good and inexpensive.
Posted By: HotRod9mm Re: CZ 452 American - 08/04/09
Originally Posted by Swampman700
I don't want to mess with the bolt handle. I sometimes wonder why these sorts of things are never easy.....

I use a base from Rimfire Technologies that way I can use Leupold QRW rings to mount the scope on other rifles. I have a set of Burris QW rings on another CZ with the same base. With my CZ Trainer I just pop the scope off when I want to use just the irons. Bolt clearance has never been an issue.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: oulufinn Re: CZ 452 American - 08/05/09
I used the Rimfire Technologies adaptor, as well, with Burris Signature Zee Medium Height Rings. It seems plenty solid for a rimfire. Worked well on mine. (22 Mag. 452 American)

The bolt handle design is sure a pain for scoping these rigs!
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: CZ 452 American - 08/05/09
What's the difference between the very expensive Rimfire Technologies adapter, & the not as expensive Rimfire Technologies adapter?
Posted By: Skunk Re: CZ 452 American - 08/05/09
Originally Posted by Swampman700
What's the difference between the very expensive Rimfire Technologies adapter, & the not as expensive Rimfire Technologies adapter?

Swamper,

The expensive one is a 20 MOA.

HotRod,

Are you ever going to make the dovetail to picatinny rails for the 550?
Posted By: Tod Re: CZ 452 American - 08/05/09
How about a dovetail to picatinny adapter for the CZ527?
Posted By: Skunk Re: CZ 452 American - 08/05/09
Originally Posted by Tod
How about a dovetail to picatinny adapter for the CZ527?

Tod, it looks like he already makes those:

http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=19006
Posted By: Tod Re: CZ 452 American - 08/06/09
Thanks. That must be fairly recent. I looked for one for quite a while, and even tried to get Seekins Precision to custom make one for me.
Posted By: Plasma Re: CZ 452 American - 08/08/09
Anyone wanting a trigger kit for the CZ can get one on ebay from Yodave out of Canada. He's very reliable (unlike Eric Brooks). Just type in cz trigger and his auction will come up.
Posted By: rifle Re: CZ 452 American - 08/08/09
I got mine from Erniethegunsmith,it dropped the pull weight to 20oz from 42oz,thinkin' about the adjustable sear....
Posted By: TC1 Re: CZ 452 American - 08/08/09
I went with the Talley high's. They cost a little more than others but look great. Mine are on a very old BRNO Model 1 but this shows pretty much how they'll look on your rifle.

[Linked Image]

Terry

Posted By: DMB Re: CZ 452 American - 08/09/09
Originally Posted by Paul39
I haven't been keeping up with CZ 452 news. Since the reported problems getting Eric Brooks kits, what is now considered the best approach to trigger improvement? Is there anything that seem to be "best" regardless of cost?

Paul

Paul,

You can get a new sear for the 452 if you want one, and do a simple spring change to reduce pull weight. I use springs that are 20% thinner wire than factory springs for a very good pull on 452's.
Posted By: Otis Re: CZ 452 American - 08/25/09
I have the 452 Americam in 22 Mag. Love the gun, it has a gorgeous piece of Turkish walnut on it, the trigger can be adjusted but I feel it is good! You can strike matches with it, and I don't mean on the stock! I put a Pentex Gamesaver scope on it 1x5x25, multiplex, its super nice scope for the price! I think the guy at the gun store gave it to me, $55.00, who knows I just like it! Can't wait to shoot some coyotes in the backyard!I paid $429.00 + tax for it, I thought it was a heck of a deal, considering a Ruger was $650.00!
© 24hourcampfire