Home
I just got this picture and thought some of you might enjoy seeing the progress. This is the 1st stage of many to come.

[Linked Image]

Terry
Terry,
I have been following this project with great interest. Teaser is not an adequate word. I really NEED some of these! Looks very nice.

John
Thanks John, things are shaping up.

Terry
More progress.

I've got a question. Do you guy's care anything about the process or do you just want me to wait and post pictures of the finished product?

Terry

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Naw..I'm good...I'll take TAKE one !!
So is this happening??
Originally Posted by rifle
Naw..I'm good...I'll take TAKE one !!

Rifle, I've got you marked down for 1 unit.

Passport, yes this IS going to happen. The builder has a hefty deposit and a order for 30 units, 29 will be sold on a first spoken for basis.

If you have PM'ed me or stated that you want one I have saved the info and you will be given 1st dibs. The price will be $135 plus $5 shipping. This will include a high polish tank blueing job. The 1st one (prototype) will be rust blued because the builder isn't setup for tank blueing. The rest will sent out for bluing. Guess who gets the 1st one? grin

This is going to be a one time around deal.

Terry
Is the trigger slot cut to accommodate after market triggers like the RifleBasix?
Originally Posted by Tod
Is the trigger slot cut to accommodate after market triggers like the RifleBasix?

Good question and the perfect time to ask it! When I sent him the rifle it went with a factory trigger and a Timney. Is the Rifle basix bigger than a stock trigger? Does the opening on the factory trigger fit the Rifle Basix?

Let me know and I will call him and pass the info on to him.

Thanks Tod!

Terry
I'm thinking I would like mine in the white? I going for color case...
I can arrange that but the bluer will be the one to polish these. It might be best to get a blued one and then clean it with some Casey Birchwood blue remover. Just a thought, We can do it either way.

Terry
Rifle, I haven't had enough coffee yet. We can send it to the bluer for polishing and then have him hold it back and not blue it. I'm not thinking this morning.

I love the idea of color case hardening one. If mine was going on anything other than a varmint model I would consider it also.

You may want to float the idea to others. Usually it doesn't cost much more to get 5-10 done as opposed to a single one.

Terry
i sent you a pm for one of the units.
thanks,
max
Originally Posted by shooter42
i sent you a pm for one of the units.
thanks,
max

I have you down for one.

I'll talley up the list tonight and see how are still avalible.

Terry
Mine is going on a Full-stock 452 and my gunsmith is going to clean it up a bit.He does a real good "old-world" CC,not has bright as Turnbulls,but kinda tasteful with niter-blue screws.
Sounds nice. I had set of scope rings done that way before. They where a nice honey color with accents of brown and green. I've also had some flashy CCHing done by Turnbull and like it too.

Terry
Originally Posted by Tod

Tod, he say's the cut will be exactly the same size as the factory hole. So, if a Rifle Basix trigger will work with the factory guard it'll work with this one.

Terry
We are at 12 units spoken for so that means there are 18 left. When they are gone it's over and done with. The builder should be finishing up the prototype soon so you will be able to see the finished product and make up your mind. but don't wait too long as I'm not in business and will not make any more. this was only a means to an end as I wanted one for myself. When they are gone they are gone.

Also, those who stated "I would buy one if it was this $XXX price" have not been counted in the total. If you want one you'll need to speak up.

As I've told all that have PM'ed me. No cash will be asked for until the units are ready to ship. I would just like to get as many commited to as possible.

Thanks,
Terry
Terry,
Put TexasJohn down for three (3) units - the price doesn't scare me. I think you are missing the boat not producing more than 30 units. If you need some more capital just say the word. This is a product that Brownells would stock if they had a source. Have you priced Sunny Hill bottom metal lately?

John
I hear ya John and a big THANK YOU! I didn't think the price was too bad either. Hell, I had bacon, eggs and coffee this morning and they wanted $10 for it plus I needed to leave the pretty young waitress a nice tip too. grin

Things just cost more than they use to.

Yes, there probably is a large market for this product at this price, I'm just not the man for the job. I don't think the builder would go for it either. He took the job but grumbled a little. It's money in his pocket but he has "promised" work, my rifle being one of them and has to do these in his off time.

We're down to 16 units now.

Terry
NEW PICTURES JUST ARRIVED!

Down to 16 units!

These are of the actual guard part now contoured. These are becoming more beautiful everyday!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Terry
VERY VERY nice!!!
TC1 -- put me down for TWO of these trigger guards. I sent you a PM on RFC and here as well!

WOW!
Hi Timberbeast63, I have you locked in for 2 guards.

Only 14 units left!

Terry
Terry,
I'm in. Please PM me if you need a deposit, and thanks for doing this.

Steve
I think that is very reasonable for quality bottom metal,some of the units for a Remington cost as much as a new rifle and I agree with the gentleman about you should haved ordered more units. Heck, I want to go by a CZ so I can have one.
Steve, you're in. No money needed until the items are ready to ship. Thanks for the offer though.

HD4090, I think the product would be a real winner for someone who wanted to a stocking dealer. I just wanted a triggerguard and this was the best way to do it.

13 units left! Better hurry.
11 units left!
Terry:

I will take one on the condition that you may have to hold it for me for a while. However, I trust you and I am willing to pay whenever you want though! Thus, although I may have to wait to get it, you will not have to wait for my money!

The reason is that I am still a bit worried about hassles with export to me here in Sweden (and I have not been able to get a clear answer from the US). I do visit the US at least yearly (and Canada at least 2x per year), so I could pick it up during such a visit.

Bringing out myself in my luggage (or by anybody else in person) is evidently just fine. However, I have been told that because of the way the law is written is that shipping it out may or may not require an export permit).

Sweden does not care about trigger guards -- all the hassles are on the US end. frown

Anybody with the fine taste in firearms that you have, is clearly too much of a gentleman to rip anybody off!

John (email is in my profile)

John, thank you for your trust in me. I will work with you anyway you need to get this to you.

You are on the list.

10 units left!

Terry
Originally Posted by TC1
John, thank you for your trust in me. I will work with you anyway you need to get this to you.

You are on the list.

10 units left!

Terry

Excellent!

My father bought my Brno 452 for me more than 30 years ago -- it will be nice to give the old rifle this facelift!

Since I have put on the same number of years, I could use a facelift too, but that is another story! smile

John
please put me down for one .They look great -let me know details thanks pm'ed you with a message
Gottcha bbgun1. You're on the list.

9 units left!

Terry
7 units left!
6 units left!

Terry
4 units left!

They're going fast.

Terry
3 units left!
2 units left!
1 unit left!

Who's it going to be?
and i'll take the last one for my cz. let me know. john
Brassman, I am so sorry. You missed it by only seconds. I have sold them all. I bet somebody on the list of 29 will not come through. I will put you as 1st alternate if you would like.

Terry

ALL UNITS SOLD!
Please put me on the list as the second alternate! Thanks!
Originally Posted by Raztus
Please put me on the list as the second alternate! Thanks!

Will do.

Terry
Originally Posted by TC1
Originally Posted by Tod

Tod, he say's the cut will be exactly the same size as the factory hole. So, if a Rifle Basix trigger will work with the factory guard it'll work with this one.

Terry

I have an RD trigger guard. I'll have to look for the factory original and try it.

If anyone backs out I would like one as well.
Aaaarrrrgh! I just came upon this thread today and looks like I am 12 hours late. However, if anyone backs out or changes their mind, I definitely want one!

Ailean Mac
(who just bought a 452 this week after choking on hearing the prices for an Anshutz 1712)
Originally Posted by TC1
I've got a question. Do you guy's care anything about the process or do you just want me to wait and post pictures of the finished product?

Terry

Process is always interesting. Hopefully my earlier PM's put me in line for my full stock CZ.

Allen
Terry,
If there happens to be an extra one become available please put me in line for it.
Bill
OK, I've gotten a lot of PM's asking if they were on the list so I have decided to post the list so you can see where we are at on this. I'm sorry if for some reason you didn't want to be posted but most stated publicly they wanted one and besides nobody really knows who you are anyway. Here is the list as I have it. The list was compiled from people saying "I want one" or "I will buy one." If you happen to be on the list and don't want one please get in touch and I will remove you.

Thanks!

Rifle (24hr campfire) 1 (in the white)
Shooter42 (24hr campfire) 1
Texasjohn (24hr campfire) 3
Pugs (24hr campfire) 1
DMB (24hr campfire) 1
Karnis (24hr campfire) 2
Shameless (24hr campfire) 1
Passport (24hr campfire) 1
swordbearer (24hr campfire) 1
Darby (24hr campfire) 1
Timberbeast63 (24hr campfire) 2
7X57Steve (24hr campfire) 1
dew409 (RFC) saved on AOL Mail 1
[email protected] saved on AOL Mail 1
jqb (24hr campfire) 1
BBgun1 (24hr campfire) 1
[email protected] saved on AOL mail 2
dedseven (24hr campfire) 1 (in the white)
November sierra (24hr campfire) 1
OldSwede (RFC) saved on AOL Mail 1
escbowhunt (RFC) saved on AOL EMAIL 1
JRoush on AOL Email 1 (in the white)
Geoffery (RFC) on AOL Email 1
Brassman (24hr campfire) 1
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1

Alternates
Rastuz (24hr campfire) 1
chavist93 (24hr campfire) 1
AileanMac (24hr campfire) 1
[email protected] (email saved on aol email) 2
M1Tanker (24hour campfire) 1

Now, for the alternates. I ordered 30 of these units. The builder bought 42 pieces of steel just in case there were any problems. He has stated that now he has run one unit he doesn't think there will be too many scrapped units. I have promised to buy all the units from him out of the block of 42 so it looks like there may be a few extras. NO PROMISES THOUGH! I will keep all informed.

Thanks again,
Terry
Sweet! Are they done yet?!?!?!?!?!?
grin I do that every time I call him. grin
man, I'm liking that alot
Newest list. Only 2 small revisions.

Terry

Pugs (24hr campfire) 1
DMB (24hr campfire) 1
Karnis (24hr campfire) 2
Darby (24hr campfire) 1
[email protected] saved on AOL Mail 1
jqb (24hr campfire) 1
BBgun1 (24hr campfire) 1
[email protected] saved on AOL mail 2
Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
Rastuz (24hr campfire) 1
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1

Alternates
[email protected] (email saved on aol email) 2
TC1,

If there are any left, please put me down for one. If/when available, let me know how to pay. Thanks.

Undude
Pugs (24hr campfire) 1
DMB (24hr campfire) 1
Karnis (24hr campfire) 2
Darby (24hr campfire) 1
Reskitepacbell.net saved on AOL Mail 1
jqb (24hr campfire) 1
BBgun1 (24hr campfire) 1
autherspeakeasy.net saved on AOL mail 2
Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
Rastuz (24hr campfire) 1
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1

Alternates
kn6sedslextreme.com (email saved on aol email) 2
undude (24 hour campfire) 1
I called my man Friday and he's hard at putting some product out. I know it's a real pain to wait on stuff like this and I try to keep stressing how important this is without crossing this line. Please be patient and it will payoff in spades when done, I promise! wink

Updated list 10/05/09

Rifle (24hr campfire) 1
Pugs (24hr campfire) 1
DMB (24hr campfire) 1
Karnis (24hr campfire) 2
Darby (24hr campfire) 1
jqb (24hr campfire) 1
BBgun1 (24hr campfire) 1
Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
Rastuz (24hr campfire) 1
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1

Alternates
JLenander (24HR Campfire) 1

Terry
Originally Posted by TC1
I called my man Friday and he's hard at putting some product out. I know it's a real pain to wait on stuff like this and I try to keep stressing how important this is without crossing this line. Please be patient and it will payoff in spades when done, I promise! wink

Updated list 10/05/09

Pugs (24hr campfire) 1
DMB (24hr campfire) 1
Karnis (24hr campfire) 2
Darby (24hr campfire) 1
jqb (24hr campfire) 1
BBgun1 (24hr campfire) 1
Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
Rastuz (24hr campfire) 1
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1

Alternates

Terry

Terry,

I'm still good for one.
Thanks for doing what you are getting trigger guards made.
I appreciate it.

Don
Anyone found a good source for action screws? I'd like a couple of sets.
No can do on the Color case...Turnbull loved the photos,but was afraid of possible warping issues...bluing is good with me.
Trigger guards are going to the bluer this week for polish and bluing. I'll be asking for $$$ very soon so be ready.

Terry
grin grin grin grin grin

Good Show - !!!
I've already busted my wife's cookie jar..I'm ready and if you end up with an extra, let me know....
Originally Posted by TC1
Trigger guards are going to the bluer this week for polish and bluing. I'll be asking for $$$ very soon so be ready.

Terry

More than ready!
Nothing new to report just some list add on's.

Updated list 10/16/09

Rifle (24hr campfire) 1
Pugs (24hr campfire) 1
DMB (24hr campfire) 1
Karnis (24hr campfire) 2
Darby (24hr campfire) 1
jqb (24hr campfire) 1
BBgun1 (24hr campfire) 1
Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
Rastuz (24hr campfire) 1
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1

Alternates
wannatikka (24 hour campfire) 1
[email protected] (email saved on aol email) 1

Terry
What is the latest info on when we will see these? Soon I hope!! smile
Well, the last I heard is they are going to the bluer this week. This guy will be polishing and bluing them. I'm not for sure they went and I don't have a time frame for the bluer but I bet he won't sit on them long.

Terry
Guys..

The polishing is perhaps the most important thing of all...

It makes or breaks the final product.

Don't rush it...let the bluer/polisher do the job right.

A year from now, you'll forget ALL ABOUT an extra week or two of waiting, but that polishing job will be FOREVER. It's either done right, or not..

I say, give the guy time to do the job right....
Just an update. The parts are at the bluer now for polishing and bluing. A high luster (Weatherby grin )blue is the spec'ed finish.

Something I didn't realize is the bluer was a little backed up at the moment and said it would be about a week and a half to two weeks before he could do them. Delay's are common with custom gun work. Oh the joy sick

Anyway, here are a few more teaser pics to get by on. The guards are complete with the exception of polishing and bluing.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Something he asked me about a few months ago was custom bottom for the steel magazines. Do you guy's think there would be any interest in that?

Terry
OH.... I see mine sitting there all bright and shiny!!
T, are you talking about a bottom to the mag that is now plastic?
OH....are you talking about a bottom to the mag that is now plastic?

Yes, it would only work with the steel magazines though.

Terry
Get a price!! I've got about 6 mags for the .22 LR,the plastic ones suck...My metal ones work great,but could use a bit of spiffing'
I'll see what he say's. He's got a really cool pantagragh (SP?) too. We could have something nice scribed on the bottom I think.

Terry
If they can be made for a reasonable cost, I am sure there would be interest. I would love one......or two or three........
I would definately be interested in a few mag bottoms.
As far as the pantograph..any thing with cleavage is fine with me
As far as the pantograph..any thing with cleavage is fine with me

Are you sure?

From another thread at the Campfire today:

Barbara Streisand
[Linked Image]

Out of respect for the genteel posters (with the fine taste in bottom metal) on this thread, I won't repost the picture of her without her top on, but if you want to see it, look for my post on the "Bad news about Tom264" thread.

Don't say you were not warned though... grin

John
Dude...what would your Mom say??
This will probably be the last update. The the guy doing the polish and bluing on these said it was almost finished and asked for payment at the 1st of this week. I sent his payment and the last payment to the builder so they are paid for in full and my bank account is empty.

I'm assuming they will be here some time next week.

Terry
Originally Posted by TC1
This will probably be the last update. The the guy doing the polish and bluing on these said it was almost finished and asked for payment at the 1st of this week. I sent his payment and the last payment to the builder so they are paid for in full and my bank account is empty.

I'm assuming they will be here some time next week.

Terry

Hi Terry

Can I pay you by PayPal? (yeah, I know...! Don't anybody start up the "anti-gun PayPal chant" -- give me a better alternative and I will use it!).

Money orders and international bank or wire transfers all cost about $US 30 or 35 each here... frown

John (jpb)
T man,let me know the amount and where and it's on the way!!
T man,let me know the amount and where and it's on the way!!

Yep, I'm out of here to deer camp midweek next week so I want to get the $ to you before then.
Hey John, yes a paypal will be fine but I ask that you add 3% to the total to cover costs.

Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner. I think I've got some kind of bug and I can only get out of beed for a few minutes before I get too dizzy. Hopefully this will pass soon.

I'll get back on the other soon.
Terry
Originally Posted by TC1
Hey John, yes a paypal will be fine but I ask that you add 3% to the total to cover costs.

Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner. I think I've got some kind of bug and I can only get out of beed for a few minutes before I get too dizzy. Hopefully this will pass soon.

I'll get back on the other soon.
Terry

No problem with the +3% -- still much cheaper than my other alternatives.

Hope you get over the bug soon -- lot of folks here are sick too (and with meeting a classroom full of undergrads every day, I wonder how long I can remain unscathed!).

John
Just tell me when and where- how you want payment sent- I'm ready- jpb - That picture- I'm using eye bleach now but that image is burned into my brain - thanks a lot.
Everyone on the the list has been contacted except for Barbra Streisand. grin

Terry
Yes,that photo kinda killed my idea of nice cleavage....

TC1...you have a PM
For some reason it makes me think about pancakes. Strange ain't it :^(

Terry
Updated list 10/16/09

Rifle (24hr campfire) 1
Pugs (24hr campfire) 1
DMB (24hr campfire) 1
Karnis (24hr campfire) 2
Darby (24hr campfire) 1
7X57Steve (24hr campfire) 1 PAID
Reskitepacbell.net saved on AOL Mail 1 PAID
jqb (24hr campfire) 1
BBgun1 (24hr campfire) 1
autherspeakeasy.net saved on AOL mail 1
Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
[email protected] (in the white) This guy is a DEAD BEAT!
Rastuz (24hr campfire) 1
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1

Alternates
windeyerfabbigpond.com (email saved on aol email) 1
Dijimmer (Saved on AOL email) 1
[email protected] (saved on aol mail) 1
I note I got moved a bit up the list into the definitly area :-)
This is good!
I too just need to know the amount, who and where and the payment will be on its way.

Thank you!!!

Ailean Mac
Did you not get my PM? I'll resend it.

Terry
Originally Posted by AileanMac
I note I got moved a bit up the list into the definitly area :-)
This is good!
I too just need to know the amount, who and where and the payment will be on its way.

Thank you!!!

Ailean Mac

I sent you a PM. Let me know if you have any questions.

Terry
From the bluer. I'll take some better ones when they arrive.

Terry

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by TC1
From the bluer. I'll take some better ones when they arrive.

Terry

[Linked Image]

Awesome!!!

Edit to add: Got me some of those hex head screws to do the installation job right... grin
Where did you get the screws? I'm looking for two sets?
Updated list 11/10/09

Rifle (24hr campfire) 1
Pugs (24hr campfire) 1
DMB (24hr campfire) 1
Karnis (24hr campfire) 2
Darby (24hr campfire) 1
jqb (24hr campfire) 1
BBgun1 (24hr campfire) 1
Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
Rastuz (24hr campfire) 1
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1
M1Tanker (24hour campfire) 1 PAID

Alternates
Updated list 11/10/09

Rifle (24hr campfire) 1
Pugs (24hr campfire) 1
DMB (24hr campfire) 1 PAID
Karnis (24hr campfire) 2
Darby (24hr campfire) 1 PAID
jpb (24hr campfire) 1 PAID
BBgun1 (24hr campfire) 1
Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
Rastuz (24hr campfire) 1
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1

Alternates
FROM THIS POINT ON NO PAYPAL PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THESE TRIGGER GUARDS!

Somebody has reported me to paypal about this thread and gotten a thread of mine deleted on Rimfire central. So I can only assume there are people without honor amoungst us.

Paypal just sent me a nasty email with this thread linked on it!

Terry
terry,

postal mo sent out today via uncle sam. hate paypal!!
You gotta be kidding!! What a Smuk and a bunch of other things I can spell but can't type.....My MO is in the mail.
I went to the p.o. for a m.o. wed - closed - senior moment - in the mail today. paypal / ebay + anti gun - both of them
Updated list 11/13/09

Rifle (24hr campfire) 1
Texasjohn (24hr campfire) 3 PAID
Pugs (24hr campfire) 1
DMB (24hr campfire) 1 PAID
Karnis (24hr campfire) 2
Passport (24hr campfire) 1 PAID
Darby (24hr campfire) 1 PAID
jpb (24hr campfire) 1 PAID
BBgun1 (24hr campfire) 1
Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
Rastuz (24hr campfire) 1
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1

Alternates
ricog207roadrunner.com (24hour campfire)

OK, I still don't have the triggerguards. I got the rifle back yesterday that was used as the test mule for this project. I rifle and the the trigger guards were shipped on the same day but the rifle was shipped Priority and the the triggerguards were shipped registered. I will keep everybody informormed as much as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Terry
If there are any "alternate alternates" left, please contact me.

[email protected]
You're on it.
What about the Mag bottoms??, don't just tease us.
Updated list 11/17/09

Rifle (24hr campfire) 1 PAID SHIPPED!
Texasjohn (24hr campfire) 3 PAID SHIPPED!
Pugs (24hr campfire) 1 PAID SHIPPED!
DMB (24hr campfire) 1 PAID SHIPPED!
Passport (24hr campfire) 1 PAID SHIPPED!
Darby (24hr campfire) 1 PAID SHIPPED!
7X57Steve (24hr campfire) 1 PAID SHIPPED!
dew409 (RFC) saved on AOL Mail 1 PAID SHIPPED!
Reskitepacbell.net saved on AOL Mail 1 PAID SHIPPED!
jpb (24hr campfire) 1 PAID Will ship when asked to wink
BBgun1 (24hr campfire) 1 PAID SHIPPED!
autherspeakeasy.net saved on AOL mail 1 PAID SHIPPED!
Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
Rastuz (24hr campfire) 1 PAID SHIPPED!
Brassman (24hr campfire) 1 PAID SHIPPED!
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1
AileanMac (24hr campfire) 1 PAID SHIPPED!
M1Tanker (24hour campfire) 1 PAID SHIPPED!

Alternates
ricog207roadrunner.com (24hour campfire)

Great News! The trigger guards are here! They arrived Monday but I was out of town. I'm home now and marked all the guy's I received payments from and I'm boxing them up. Everybody that's marked as paid on this list your trigger guard will ship tomorrow.

Here are some pics of the finished guard.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Terry

PS. if you sent me a PM in the last few day's I will get back with you ASAP!
Oooooooh Ahhhhhhhh!
:-)

Thank you Terry!
Now I have to decide which rifle to put the guard on. I should have got two. But then the others would get jealous! thanks Terry
I have the same problem,'cept I have three....two of them go to shooting like 1" groups of something.....
Updated list 11/18/09

Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1

Alternates
ricog207roadrunner.com (24hour campfire) 1
jamesm029 (24hour campfire) 1

Great News! The trigger guards are here! They arrived Monday but I was out of town. I'm home now and marked all the guy's I received payments from and I'm boxing them up. Everybody that's marked as paid on this list your trigger guard will ship tomorrow.

Here are some pics of the finished guard.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Terry

TC1:

Great photos -- man, that trigger guard looks every bit as nice as I'd dared to hope!

All of us really appreciate the effort you have put in.

My Brno Model 452 made in 1966 has great sentimental value. Every time I use it, I think of my (now very elderly) father who bought it for me decades ago, and from now on -- I will think of you too! smile

Although there is no need to state the obvious (one has only to read his past posts), I will do so anyway: Terry is a class act!

John
I think everyone will be pleased.I just got mine,no time to install it yet.I'll sit down with it later and get it done....

Thanks again Terry for getting this done!!!
It's here and it's sweet!

Thanks Terry and as a bonus I got the top half of the weekend section of the Rapid City Journal grin
Mine just arrived and I stuck it on -- Good Show, Terry -- !!

Thanks for your efforts.

DARBY
Updated list 11/20/09

November sierra (24hr campfire) 1 PAID SHIPPED!
Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1

Alternates

Glad to hear some have arrived. I hope everybody is happy. It's been a long journey.

I had mine out yesterday. Lots of fun!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Terry
I'm liking that!!...Is that can for real? Tell us some stories about it.
My new guard went on with no problems,really adds to my full stock 452.
Thanks again,Terry
Originally Posted by bbgun1
Now I have to decide which rifle to put the guard on. I should have got two. But then the others would get jealous! thanks Terry

You think THAT's a problem???? I'd love to have that problem. I have a bigger problem. I don't even OWN a CZ 452 and I want one of these milled trigger guards-so I asked to be placed on the "alternate" list.

They were too nice to not have a chance to acquire. So, I'm doing it backwards. First, get the trigger guard, THEN get the rifle.

That's a problem I intend to fix, if I have the option.
I'm liking that!!...Is that can for real? Tell us some stories about it.
My new guard went on with no problems,really adds to my full stock 452.
Thanks again,Terry

Yes, the can is the real deal. Actually it's a Gemtech M-4 can made for a .223 but I rarely use it on mr AR so it spends most of it's time on my CZ. I use subsonic ammo and when you shot it you just hear the firing pin and then the bullet striking the target. It's pretty cool and adds some weight to the front end which only makes it easier to shoot off a bench.

Updated list 11/22/09

Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1
wannatikka (24 hour campfire) 1 PAID
undude (24 hour campfire) 1 PAID

Alternates

Now I need to start seeing some payments from some of the people on this list or I'm going to need to start making other arrangements. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if your name is on this list and you aren't marked as paid, make arrangements with me ASAP. I want you to have your guard, but I also need to re-coup my investment. I've been laid-off work since this started and don't have much use for 10 CZ 452 trigger guards.

Terry
Terry,
I received mine and I love it!!!! It looks really nice on my rifle. Put me on the alternate list in case someone backs out.
I'm confused,we are replacing it mainly because???
I am not being a smart-arse,I really don't know.
Originally Posted by blackeyeddueler
I'm confused,we are replacing it mainly because???
I am not being a smart-arse,I really don't know.

Because the factory triggerguards are stamped and look like they belong on a SKS. Actually the ones on a SKS look a little nicer than the CZ triggerguards.

Terry
Terry,let me know if you end up with extras...
Terry,

Reveived the trigger guard this morning at the Post Office.
Came home, and IMMEDIATLY installed it.
All I can say is, WOW, it is awesome.
My 452 is the Prestige model with AWESOME Walnut for a stock. I think it's the most beautiful Walnut CZ has imported into the US. And, the rifle has been transformed from a nice Rifle with a beautiful stock, to an AWESOME rifle overall. WOW, Move over Anschutz, there's a new kid on the block. And, I already know mine will outshoot ANY Anschutz sporter made. Now, it's a complete rifle.
So, Kudos are in order for Terry. The install was perfect, no stock work required, just a simple drop in. This perfect bottom metal is a result of who Terry really is, an awesome guy.
I want to publically thank you, Terry, for all of the work you did in having this trigger guard and floor plate come to fruition; it is absolutely awesome.

Thank you,

Don
Got mine today and it is a real nice piece. Thanks for doing all the hard work Terry, Im sure it was a bitch with so many guys.

PP
Updated list 11/22/09

Timberbeast63 (24hr campfire) 2 PAID
Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
Geoffery (RFC) on AOL Email 1 PAID
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1
wannatikka (24 hour campfire) 1 PAID SHIPPED!
undude (24 hour campfire) 1 PAID SHIPPED!

Alternates

It's great to hear people are happy with the guards. wink

Terry
Terry, my Postal MO went out this morning. You should be recieving it shortly. I can't wait to get my trigger guard! It will put the finishing touch on my fancy walnut 452 American.
Got mine thanks Terry fit is great - should got two I put it on my Mod 2 Brno But then moved it to my 2500 trainer can't decide
Updated list 11/25/09

Timberbeast63 (24hr campfire) 2 PAID SHIPPED!
Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
Geoffery (RFC) on AOL Email 1 PAID SHIPPED!
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1

Alternates

Very cool! I think they turned pretty nice.

Now I need to hear from a few people here real quick or I'm going to have to make other arrangments.

swordbearer , I've tried to get in touch without any luck. If you want yours you need to let me know in the next few day's.

dedseven The time is getting short. I haven't heard anything from you.

JLenander It's been awhile since I've heard from you, Do you still want yours? I bet you do.

OldSwede I have emailed you and PM'ed you here and on rimfire central. If you still want one you need to get in touch real soon or I'm going to let yours go.

There are others but they have let me know thier intensions which fine with me. Just get in touch with me if you still want one guy's!

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

Terry

Received mine and it looks great. The boy & I slapped it on his CZ along with a Brook's trigger sleeve kit ... took all of 5 minutes total time. What a difference ... both in looks & function.

Great work & thanks again Terry!
Updated list 11/28/09

Jim62 (24hr campfire)1
chavist93 (24hr campfire) 1 PAID [/b] SHIPPED!
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1

Alternates

Terry

I finally ended up putting my guard on my Super Brno SSA 2500- beautiful fit- I had to try it in my Mod 2, the guard inletting would need a tweek or two and the older stle mag. latch is wider and shorter it drags and the length makes it hard to work. the Mod two guard is slightly thicker and has a slighty rounded top contour to it . but the newer models work great. when is the next run?? - mag caps?? For your efforts Terry thank you again .
terry,

let me know if you end up with any extra's. really love the one i got from you. john aka brassman
Updated list 11/30/09

Jim62 (24hr campfire) PAID
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1
JLenander (24HR Campfire) 1 PAID
Dijimmer (Saved on AOL email) 1 PAID
[email protected]

Alternates

Terry

OK guys, get them on there! Here's some pics from my 452 full stock and the guard compared to the old one.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Before

[Linked Image]

After - I like it!

[Linked Image]
Here is mine, got it yesterday.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Some darn nice wood there!
Updated list 12/01/09

Jim62 (24hr campfire) PAID SHIPPED!
TC1 (24hr campfire) 1
JLenander (24HR Campfire) 1 PAID SHIPPED!
Dijimmer (Saved on AOL email) 1 PAID SHIPPED!
[email protected] PAID SHIPPED!

Alternates

We have finally hit the bottom of the box!

ALL UNITS ARE SOLD.

A big Thank You to everyone who participated in this and those who put up with this thread getting in the way of our rimfire discussions. For those that missed out, maybe we'll do another run in the near future.

12/02/09 All trigger guards shipped.

Thanks again,
Terry

Terry,

Well done and many thanks. It all worked out well for me, and I hope it also worked out for you.

Steve
Terry..

The guard showed up yesterday..

My little CZ 452 Special thanks you..

Next project is a restock that lives up to the metalwork.. wink

[Linked Image]
If you do another run put me down for 0ne..I will even prepay if that helps..
Time to start building the list for the second batch--I am in for one.
If there is another run you can sign me up for 4-6 depending on my $$$ situation at the time. Obviously I will prepay if that helps get things going.

gmith
It's been real fun watching this project evolve.

Those are FINE looking parts !

I'm currently without a CZ.

I'm tempted to track one down, so's I can order some bottom metal!

GTC
If you decide to have a second run I will take another one- the two new Rifles are fighting over the one I bought. I hate to play favorites. I'd love to put them on every CZ 22 I got !! r
I second the notion of another run. I'd gladly prepay for such awesome millwork. I hate I missed out on the first run.
Is there going to be another run. i'm in
me too. Put me in for one..
If there's another run I'm interested in one as well.
I'd like to know if another set of bottom metal is made up, would be interested.

Thanks
David
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
It's been real fun watching this project evolve.

Those are FINE looking parts !

I'm currently without a CZ.

I'm tempted to track one down, so's I can order some bottom metal!

GTC

I am in full agreement!
Looks like a quality piece. If CZ ever chambers for the 6.8, I'd absolutely have to have one of these.
Beautiful work indeed. Please add me to the list if you do a second run. I have no problem pre-paying as well.
I'm interested.
+ another 1
+one more
I'd like one out of the next batch.
I'd be interested in at least 4, perhaps 6 or 7. Thanks.
I would be interested as well if you are still willing.
Jeff
I would take 2 if you do another run.
Please PM me if this happens.
I'd be willing to prepay on another run. Wish I'd been in on the first one. They look very nice.

JCM
TC1 may be still getting over ramrodding the first run, I would be interested in at least one more.
Aw come on TC 1 ! I need another to go on my new FS [img:center][Linked Image]
If you are going to make a 2nd run of these for the 452, and it sure looks like you have another run sold already, PLEASE put me down for one. Contact me at [email protected] Thanks

+1
I will buy 1 and prepay.
just let us know when to send the payment.
Phil
Where's TC1????
I talked with Terry last week and he doesn't have the time right now to do a second run. I hope that changes soon.

ddj
bump
bbgun1 - I am not saying this to be rude. We don't have to push TC1. He will let us know when he is going to run another batch.

ddj
I am with trouthunterdj -- we should not push TC1.

Actually, IF TC1 will do another run would be more appropriate than when. smile

TC1 went to a lot of trouble for the first run, we should not try to impose on him more. He did not do the first run to make money.

Perhaps he will pass along the info to the shop that did the first set and maybe they will be interested in another round of production. Then again, the shop might want to make 50 prepaid and ship to a single user (who could then re-sell them...). The latter would seem to have real possibilities, given the level of interest!

John

Thanks jpb -

I have the highest respect with TC1 in my dealings and talking with him. I know he gets pm's everytime this thread gets bumped. Let put the ball in his court.

ddj

Originally Posted by trouthunterdj
Thanks jpb -

I have the highest respect with TC1 in my dealings and talking with him.

ddj

Absolutely! TC1 is a great guy. I totally trust him.

He may or may not decide to do another run, but we should respect whatever decision he makes and not bother him too much.

However, given the clear interest, perhaps there is somebody else here with a bit of unused CNC machining capacity in their shop who might consider doing a run of 50 or 100 on their own? I'll bet Brownells would buy a bunch... Midsouth too. Heck, I'll bet they could sell 50 here!

John
Sorry about that- I've just got a little obsessive/compulsive on milled trigger guards- those were the best of the three and I've got three new cz 's I want to put one on.- I'll shut up.
Originally Posted by bbgun1
Sorry about that- I've just got a little obsessive/compulsive on milled trigger guards- those were the best of the three and I've got three new cz 's I want to put one on.- I'll shut up.

No offense taken Sir. I know that TC1 was getting pm'd a lot about these and know he will let us know when he is ready. Thanks for understanding.

ddj
If and when it happens again, I'd like to be in for two trigger guards.
Thanks,
GeoW
I'm in....!! Love my first one !
Heres a [Linked Image] stock guard modified with JBSteel Weld and Painted -More - better pics on RFC- not too bad till you can get a steel milled one.
I would also like one if you do another batch. Thanks.
Dsteel
© 24hourcampfire