Home
What size groups you fellers getting with a box stock NIB ruger 10/22 no modifications? With barrel band installed?

Just on average- what you guys getting?
are we talking open sights? maybe1 in at 25yrds. scoped you should get maybe 1in at 50yrds. remember all ammo is not equal,try a lot of different ammo and you will most likley find one that it really likes. good luck. ed
on my 10-22 I am getting 1/2" groups @25yrds. and around 1 1 1/4" groups @ 50 yrds this is with a $20 tasco 4x and cci velcitor (sp) ammo.

As said before I would buy a box of every type of ammo you can get and put your targets out. If this is a hunting rifle and you have your on place to shoot I like to have a 35 yrd 0 for tree rats and a 50 yrd 0 for rabbits. I mostly only shoot jack rabbits and other small varmits.
Sako
DF:

Unmodified 10/22 with a Leupie 3-9x40 VariX-II and ammo that the rifle likes (WW power points) I get 1 inch at 50 yards.

With a trigger upgrade, it will likely do better.

BMT
I have a 10/22 Target rifle (stainless barrel/green laminate stock) and it will shoot 1/4" at 25 yards and just under an 1" at 50 yards with Fed GM ammo. It will average 1/2" groups at 25 yards and 11/2" inches at 50 yards with cheap ammo.
© 24hourcampfire