Home
Hello
I came across this Older classic Remington 510-X Target Master Last weekend at a gun show. The owner of it was carrying it around trying to sell it, so I swapped him a North American Arms .22 LR Mini revolver for it. He said he had bought it new in the mid 1960's and that it was a good shooter. I have been looking for an accurate .22 rifle to hunt Fox squirrel's with here in the East Tennessee Mountains and this one seemed to fit the bill. I brought it home, mounted an Old Redfield Cub scope of 4-X I had laying around and headed off to the range. Shown below is a Five shot group it produced once I got the scope dialed in at the 25 Yard line...I think Remington knew what they were doing when they named this one The Target Master...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I have a 512-X and it too is stupid accurate. There pretty rare and worth hanging to IMO. Did yours come with the factory sights?
I'll bet you a $1000.00 you couldn't shoot the N.A.Arms like that!Thats a good trade in my opinion.
Originally Posted by passport
I have a 512-X and it too is stupid accurate. There pretty rare and worth hanging to IMO. Did yours come with the factory sights?

Hello passport
Yes, it did have the factory rear sight in place. It had an elevation thumb wheel adjustment on it and a shrouded metal blued cover that met the barrel nicely. I took it off and it is stored in my safe in a Plastic bag as the scope would not clear it when I mounted it...
Years ago, I bought a Remington Model 511 Scoremaster .22 rifle. It is the 5 shot magazine model. I put a Redfield 4x Cub scope on it. For many years, this was my favorite squirrel hunting rig. I still have it and it is a very accurate rifle. I love the 500 series Remington .22 rifles.
Just for grins here is my 511-X. When I bought it the wood was a mess, had a bubba stock job so I gave it a full oil finish. I was pretty sure there was a nice stock under the mess...

I put a period correct Wever 4x on and it will shoot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Very nice rimfires gentlemen!
I love the old remingtons.My scoremaster was made in 1940.
© 24hourcampfire