Home
I've got a 10/22 carbine on the way that I'm considering putting a peep sight on. A quick search showed several options but I'd like to hear feedback on any that you've put to use. Would be used for tree rats and killing cans... If none of the peep's out there are all that great I'll be fine with scoping it so tell it like it is.

Thanks,

JCM
This set is the shizz for the 10/22!

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/RGR330-1.html
Get a Williams Foolproof.

It's American made quality.The frame is milled from Aircraft grade aluminum and ALL the internal contact points are hardened steel on the adjustments.

Truth be known, they are better built than the adjustments in any scope.

For around $50 they are bargain.

Match it with a Lyman 17A globe sight of the proper height.

Use the post or bead inserts for field work and one of the aperture inserts with a proper sized bullseye for target work.

The accuracy will surprise you. wink
Mine has had a Foolproof since around 1968. Be aware that you do have to drill and tap the side of the receiver to mount it.

That WGRS or Williams Guide Receiver Sight is another excellent option that mounts in the factory D&T holes on top of the receiver. You don't get the precise click adjustments of the FP, you just slide it around until it is sighted in, but it does have witness marks to help you. Once sighted in it stays sighted in and the sight picture is the same for either.
Tech sights are really nice as well.
XS sight but you will probably need a different front sight and that might be a good thing.
I don't have any experience with the Williams mentioned above, but I do have an XS peep sight on my 10/22 and absolutely love it. It's very fast on target and the white-line on the front sight is very easy to see. I highly recommend the XS.
Thanks guys. Lots of positives on several different ones and no negatives listed....good thing. Thanks again,

JCM
Williams makes/markets a nice front/rear peep sight set for the 10/22, with a higher fibre-optic FireSight or a gold bead front sight blade that drops in & works well.

[Linked Image]

I had Williams rear peep sight as shown above and the fire sights on the front on my 10/22. They were nice but not as precise as the Tech Sights I installed later. No provision for windage adjustment. The Tech Sights are excellent for target, hunting and plinking.
© 24hourcampfire