Home
Posted By: savagehunter83 cz 452 american - 11/01/11
Well I have always enjoyed 22lr but I have slowly worked my way through rifles and this last week I got a cz 452 American. Took it out to the range and I was very surprised. I think this will be one I hand down. Still need to remount the scope do to the fact I mounted it on my tailgate at the range. I think you can see though it has potential at 50 yards. [Linked Image]
Posted By: k3yston3 Re: cz 452 american - 11/01/11
Looks like a keeper to me. An accurate .22 is somthing that all outdoorsmen (and women) should have.
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: cz 452 american - 11/01/11
CZs are dynamite rifles. I had a Varmint and an American, but kept the American. It shoots little clusters. Lots of guys are using the CZ452 for informal Internet matches (25 & 50 yd) and local 22 club shoots.

If you swing by rimfirecentral.com, you can get the recommended targets, shoot and post your results.
Posted By: pal Re: cz 452 american - 11/01/11
Yeah, these are really nice. Lots of CZ lovers over on the rimfirecentral forum.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: cz 452 american - 11/02/11
You got a keeper, most don't shoot quite this good at 50 yds................Hb
Posted By: savagehunter83 Re: cz 452 american - 11/03/11
Thanks guys. This was with just federal auto. I was just getting use to the rifle too. I have a feeling tree rats might not like me any more. smile
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: cz 452 american - 11/03/11
Tree rats better be skeered!.................Hb
Posted By: Nessmuk Re: cz 452 american - 11/04/11
Damned near Anshutz accurate.
Posted By: OldForester Re: cz 452 american - 11/07/11
Good thing you missed that penny!

I love mine too. It shoots pretty danged good with Federal 510, blue box Wally World ammo. For being a 6 pound $400 rifle it is simply amazing.

Posted By: Thumper358 Re: cz 452 american - 11/07/11
The CZ 452 has a well earned reputation for quality and accuracy. My heavy barreled varmint is a joy to shoot. It will be interesting to see what the new 453 will bring to the table.
Posted By: dannycreasy Re: cz 452 american - 11/11/11
Originally Posted by corelokt
Damned near Anshutz accurate.

Several years ago I took my Anschutz 1710 head to head against my CZ 452 American in a 50 yard shootout. I used three types of medium quality ammo and then finished with the three CCI Blazer cheap ammo groups. I hate that I ran out of Green Tag (thought there was more in the box when I left the house). There was a little more wind than I would have preferred but I think I shot enough groups to get an average. Both rifles had Swift 6-18 scopes mounted on them during the test:

[Linked Image]

Picture of the rifles taken on the day of the test:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: orion03 Re: cz 452 american - 11/11/11
The 452 is a sweetheart of a rifle. Looks like you got a keeper. I had a FS in 17 HMR but traded it off on a bigger rifle. Probably would have kept it if it would have had a nicer piece of wood on it, but it was a shooter.
Posted By: the_shootist Re: cz 452 american - 11/13/11
I bought a used CZ453 a year or so ago, and am absolutely amazed with the accuracy of the little rifle. Son-in-law and I do some shooting at 25 yards for fun, and at the end of the formal shooting, I was able to cut the staples holding the targets up. Thumb tacks are too easy. I like the trigger on the 453 better.

Oh, and to the original poster, you said you mounted the scope on the tailgate of your truck. Does that help to back up more accurately? grin
© 24hourcampfire