Home
Posted By: Swampman700 Wife's New Rifle - 09/02/12
My wife who had never expressed any interest in shooting recently said she wanted a pink rifle. I bought her this 10/22 and we went to the range today. She did very well on paper and shooting bits of clays on the berm. I want to get her a Simmons 22MAG scope and a pink case.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Wife's New Rifle - 09/02/12
Good for her, and you. I spent some time plinking tonight with my Nylon 66, fun time.
Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: Wife's New Rifle - 09/02/12
That's a great picture. She looks like a really nice lady.
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: Wife's New Rifle - 09/02/12
We've been married nearly 38 years. 2 boys and seven grandchildren.
Posted By: velcro Re: Wife's New Rifle - 09/02/12
She looks like a well trained Seal
Posted By: velcro Re: Wife's New Rifle - 09/02/12
Navy one (that is)
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Wife's New Rifle - 09/02/12
There is a guy on ebay selling a variety of different color laminated Ruger 10/22 stocks. I have bought the purple stock for my daughter's 10/22. I have a pink laminated stock on a Savage 93R17 with a Green Mountain 17HMR barrel. A great shooter and always a draw at the range. I've offered to shoot off with guys who were critical of the color, my rifle against their rifle, but so far no takers.

I'd suggest spending a little more $$ and get the Simmons Whitetail Classic 3.5-10x40 from Natchez Shooters Supply for around $60 instead of the 22Mag. A lot more scope for not a lot more $$.

Jeff
Posted By: chucknbach Re: Wife's New Rifle - 09/15/12
I've seen they have changed the .22 mag as it doesn't come with the target turrets any more. Shame.
Posted By: Winnie Re: Wife's New Rifle - 09/16/12
Don't lie... It's your rifle and she is holding it for you. grin

Pretty lady.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Wife's New Rifle - 09/18/12
plinking with semi's is the best. i bought my boys a s&w m&p 15-22 last christmas and we just put a leupold 2.75x scout scope on it. that little bugger is fun. we have a backyard range and i have some old refrigerators waiting to go to the scrap yard and we peppered them things. 25 rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger and all 25 in a fist sized group at 50 yards. fun stuff.

get a banana clip for that thing and let 'er rip.
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: Wife's New Rifle - 09/19/12
Good for her & you Swampy. I'm thinking I'd be looking at a Rimfire Prostaff for it.
Posted By: buzardbait Re: Wife's New Rifle - 09/25/12
Good for you and the wife for being a couple for 28 years and still sharing activities like shooting together.
© 24hourcampfire