Home
Figured some of you guys may like to see a few photos of my recently acquired Kimber. Found this baby on the used rack at a local Gander Mountain earlier this year. Pretty sure they didn't have clue what they had, as indicated by their asking price. I was more than happy to oblige and in no short order I was the proud new owner. Fortunately, it shoots as good as it looks. It's scoped with a Leupold VX-II 2-7x33 in factory rings/bases that will soon be replaced with Talleys.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Beautiful rifle and a great find. I got my Hunter about 10 years ago. It is very accurate and my favorite squirrel rig. It wears a Burris 3x9 rimfire scope.
Wow! I am jealous.
..NICE GUN!

Bob
I am kicking myself for selling one of those about 3 years ago. I still miss it.
I know what you mean. I just traded a K22 Classic with really nice wood. I have some serious mixed emotions!
Great looking rifle! smile I've got one of the Hunter 22's. It's my favorite out of all rifles I have ever owned, and I've tried quite a few looking for what I wanted. Got some pics of mine in the Small Game section here, didn't want to butt in on yours.

I wish Kimber had not halted production of their .22's. They should at least bring back the Hunter model.
I had 3 Kimber 22's awhile back. The 'Hunter', 'Classic Varmint' and their flagship model. The 'Hunter' was the most accurate of the lot. As mentioned by someone else, sold 'em and been kicking myself ever since.
Great find for you. Enjoy!
V
I've had a Hunter for about five years now. Superbly accurate, even more than my Anschutz.

The people at Kimber told me they had to quit making .22's because there was so much demand for handguns.
Don't leave us hanging. What was the asking price?
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Figured some of you guys may like to see a few photos of my recently acquired Kimber. Found this baby on the used rack at a local Gander Mountain earlier this year. Pretty sure they didn't have clue what they had, as indicated by their asking price. I was more than happy to oblige and in no short order I was the proud new owner. Fortunately, it shoots as good as it looks. It's scoped with a Leupold VX-II 2-7x33 in factory rings/bases that will soon be replaced with Talleys.

OK, somebody's gotta be the one to say it, so I will:

YOU SUCK!!! grin
Nothing better than a youngster shooting the crap out of a Kimber Hunter!!!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 22WRF
Don't leave us hanging. What was the asking price?

Not sure if this qualifies as a great deal or not, but it was about $535.
Excellent deal, I paid $625 for mine four years ago. smile
Kimber7man!
I see the young lad is shooting from the correct side of the rifle.
Yep - for him!
Great find and at a great price; a very nice 22 sporter.

I fell in love with my Kimber "Hunter" because of it's beautiful wood in 2006 and with the right ammunition it's very accurate (groups not as small as the test target but darn close at times).

You done good; enjoy it.
Nice rifle!

Did you reset the parallax on the scope?
© 24hourcampfire