Home
Wooohoo. Should have it in a week or so. Yes, I'm excited

Coop
I had never heard of that rifle, damn nice rifle!

You had me doubting my CZ 455 all barrel combo I bought a few weeks ago. Happy with my choice now though once I saw what your Sako costs smile
http://www.sako.fi/sakoquadmodels.php?varmint

very good choice.Did you get more than one barrel?

How do you intend to scope it?
How well do these hold zero? I assume you need to totaly resight in after a barrel swap, right?
My guess is that you would need to resight.I think accuracy has been the main issue with switch barrels in general.I have heard though that the Quad is very close to a 54 sporter action Anschutz for accuracy.

I love my ugly little Quad in 22lr. Excellent accuracy and very nice trigger. Bought an A7 in 7mm-08 recently to pair with it.
Saving up for the 10 round Quad magazine.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
very good choice.Did you get more than one barrel?

How do you intend to scope it?

Just got the .22LR barrel for now. Will get a .22 mag barrel probably next.

I have a 3-12x42 Nikon Monarch side focus laying in the safe looking for a mate. I think it will work very well on this rifle.
Originally Posted by passport
How well do these hold zero? I assume you need to totaly resight in after a barrel swap, right?

The scope is on top of the receiver, not the barrel like my Blaser .22LR or my Encore MGM .22 LR, so yes resighting is required.

I love switch barrel rifles as many here know, so this was a rifle that I simply had to have.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I have heard though that the Quad is very close to a 54 sporter action Anschutz for accuracy.

The guys at Eurooptics raved about the accuracy of this rifle when I spoke with them.
Cooper fan,
I have 2 Quads, a synthetic stock and wood stock picked up a while back.
I bought both new and have shot the synthetic quite a bit more. The quads are very accurate. One will find shooters that use the action to build bench/comp. rifles.
You will find quite a lot of good info on Rimfire Central.
I used a Burris Quad scope on the synthetic, ( no longer available new) . The Burris had four color coded adjustments on the turrets one for each.cal. I am going to use a Pride/ Fowler dedicated .17HMR scope on the other quad. I prefer 1st focal plane scopes.
The barrels are easy to change with the scope mounted. I looked at the switch barrel CZ's and did not care for the way the barrels came on and off. I can't knock CZ's as I like them also, just don't care for their switch barrel.

Have fun,
Cisco
The Quad is my favorite carry rifle in 22LR. Light, super trigger and very accurate. I've had it a long time. Check out the barrel serial# on the 2nd picture.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I have one and love it. As accurate as my old standby a BSA Martini Model 12. I have a 17HMR and a Lilja 22LR barrel. One can switch barrels without having to re-site, IE take the 22 barrel off reattach and it will be very very close. Switching calibers one does of course have to re-site. If you remember the scope settings for the calibers then you can switch and return to very close to zero. Not close enough for target work, but more than enough for minute of varmint or squirrel. 1/4" at 50 yards for 10 shots is not unusual with decent ammo.
post some groups from these bad boys, I may join the club. .22lr is on my short list
© 24hourcampfire