Home
Posted By: RWE Revelation 22 lever action - 03/05/13
My Dad and I were itemizing my Uncle's estate and we found a Revelation lever action.

Didn't see the exact model number but it is tube fed and handles 22 short, long, and long rifle. I believe its maybe a 115 or 117, will have to check more when I get it back to town.

May keep this to shoot CB's from, just for giggles.

Anyone have one? Any noted problems, ammunition preferences, etc?
I think western auto sold em. About the same quality as the ted williams that sears carried I'm guessing. Could even be made by the same mnfg(?).
Probibly won't make much difference what you throw at it.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Revelation 22 lever action - 03/05/13
Pictures?
Posted By: GeoW Re: Revelation 22 lever action - 03/06/13
I think that would be a Marlin.
Could be a Winchester. We need pics.

I just Googled it and it seems to be a Marlin 57.
Posted By: RWE Re: Revelation 22 lever action - 03/06/13
I'll get some pics when my Dad gets back with the goods. He had to stay to handle the executor business and is bringing the guns back.

My uncle sure liked his rimfires - at least in quantity. And 38 specials as well.
Posted By: Timbo Re: Revelation 22 lever action - 03/06/13
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
I think western auto sold em. About the same quality as the ted williams that sears carried I'm guessing. Could even be made by the same mnfg(?).
Probibly won't make much difference what you throw at it.

Yes, Revelation was the Western Auto brand. Various manufacturers made the different models for Western Auto.
It's probably that old Mossberg Palomino, a hammerless levergun sold in the late '50s to mid '60s. A buddy of mine has one, but it's the only one I've ever seen. A pretty odd duck, but attractive in a Mossbergian kinda way.
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
A pretty odd duck, but attractive in a Mossbergian kinda way.

whistle laugh
Posted By: RWE Re: Revelation 22 lever action - 03/07/13
Haven't got the pics yet, but did handle it again and to take the guesswork out, it is a Revelation Model R117A 22 S/L/LR. And it says Western Auto Supply Co. Made in U.S.A.

Receiver is flat on the sides, and top is grooved for rimfire mounts.

Could rapidly become my next favorite squirrel rifle...

Originally Posted by ratsmacker
It's probably that old Mossberg Palomino,

And it looks like the internet pics of the palamino
Revelation 117 translates to a Mossberg 402 Palomino. I did not find a 117A reference. There are store brand cross references on the net.

http://www.nramuseum.org/gun-info-research/store-brand-crossover-list-from-the-blue-book.aspx
I seem to recall seeing those in the Western Auto flyers we'd get in the mail, and wanting one pretty bad. Never got one, had to "settle" for a Coast-to-Coast Marlin/Glenfield instead.

Coast-to-Coast was another competitor to Western Auto, at least in mid-Missouri. No complaints, the old Marlin has served me well over the years.
Posted By: RWE Re: Revelation 22 lever action - 03/13/13
My late uncle had this thing lubed up with marine grease, so it took a little cleaning of the internals.

I wish he would have had a light layer on the exterior - it may have saved some rust, but oh well.

Anyway, pics:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image].

So far it likes everything I've put through it, Remington bulk brass plated, winchester, winchester subs, remington subs, old Navy Arms vintage stuff. Even cheap blazer.
Posted By: RWE Re: Revelation 22 lever action - 03/13/13
And just for giggles - the ole vintage Weaver V22 on top.

Glad I had that thing in the closet, although it shoots great open sights....

[Linked Image]
One of my best friends when I was a kid had a Palomino, and I lusted mightily after it. We all had Mossbergs, except for one guy who had a Marlin bolt action, but most were the run-of-the-mill bolt action repeaters. The lever action Palomino was just too cool.
Is it a half cock like the Marlin levermatic?
Posted By: RWE Re: Revelation 22 lever action - 03/14/13
no experience with the Marlin LM, but this does not appear to have a half-cock, Just the safety above the trigger.
© 24hourcampfire