Home
Does anyone what to buy a Marlin again > Once the stock of Marlin rifles are Gone > they are Gone!
no.
WOW!
and what is your point?
I like their older rimfire guns alot. The x bolts are good bang for your buck guns too. Not everyone needs a 3k custom to kill critters.
Did Remington kill off Marlin already?
the day they bought 'em......
I've got 2 Marlins, a 39a bought in 1974 and a 1895 45-70 guide gun[2003 model]. I have zero interest in any new marlins.

maddog
Originally Posted by grovey
I like their older rimfire guns alot.

Originally Posted by maddog
I have zero interest in any new marlins.

Not to fear, boys... There are plenty of older 'good' ones around for sale, if a feller was so inclined. Noone should have to put up with the abortions Remlin cranked out........especially with all the other choices out there.
My Marlins of 1971 manufacture (.22lr and .30-30). Way better than the new crap.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I went to their website, they still show center fire and rim fire guns. Although their Chairman and President photos are only up to 2007, so it is a Remi company after that.
Originally Posted by pal
My Marlins of 1971 manufacture (.22lr and .30-30). Way better than the new crap.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Very nice 39D you have. One of my favorites and scarce.
Thanks. I looked for some time before finding that particular one as I wanted the carbine length barrel which seems the perfect length.
I did not know they were getting rid of them. Such a shame
I think bcd has no idea what he is talking about.

Inexpensive .22 rifles are a profitable business, no matter who bought out the company.

That being said, I own both new an old examples of Marlins and my old Marlin Mountie is a thing of functional beauty. Jackrabbits fall over dead at the mere sight of it! smile
I Just Luv you people!!!> everything is contracting and getting less and less and you say bcd has no idea what im talking about{Where have you People been living for the last few Years } > not on this planet I see!
I see a lot of new marlins on the shelves here. WTF are you talking about?
I agree with Mackey, your posts add zero/nil value and just waste Rick's space.
Check out his general level of participation and become enlightened.

whistle
Originally Posted by bcd
I Just Luv you people!!!> everything is contracting and getting less and less and you say bcd has no idea what im talking about{Where have you People been living for the last few Years } > not on this planet I see!
Go away troll
Originally Posted by bcd

There has been talk about Remington making some Marlin changes. But I have not seen anything in writing. So, I take this whole thread topic as BS unless you can give me a reliable source.
I had a Golden 39A that was pretty accurate.

Never did like the 336 30-03s...too heavy for a brush gun IMHO. The Win 94 seemed to be a better handling gun, but until the AE, it was funky to mount a scope on one. So, six in one and a half dozen in the other I guess.

The Big Bore 94s, 1886s, 1895s kinda lost that quick handling brush gun thing, so once ya got past 30-30, it was anyone's game.

Never a fan of the cheap Marlin 22s.
© 24hourcampfire