Home
Posted By: John_Boy "New" Ruger Single Six - 08/03/13
I picked up my "New" single six today. It was listed as used, but except for evidence of firing on the face of the cylinder, she looks new. It's so nice to have the ridiculous warning moved to the bottom of the barrel. If she shoots as good as my previous one life will be just grand. grin
Posted By: RS308MX Re: "New" Ruger Single Six - 08/04/13
What size barrel does it sport. I've had one for nearly 30 years and love it. My 11 year old grandson likes to shoot the .22 mags. He calls it the cowboy gun.
Posted By: Hotload Re: "New" Ruger Single Six - 08/07/13
Originally Posted by RS308MX
What size barrel does it sport. I've had one for nearly 30 years and love it. My 11 year old grandson likes to shoot the .22 mags. He calls it the cowboy gun.

Got my single 6 with the 6-1/2 inch barrel about 20 years ago. It is a winner ! Always found mine to be more accurate with 22MAG
but the cost of ammo put a big slow down on that. shocked
Posted By: John_Boy Re: "New" Ruger Single Six - 08/10/13
6.5" barrel. One of the newer ones with the idiotic "warning" on the underside of the barrel.....a bit less obnoxious. I wish Ruger would "man up" and drop the lawyer banner.....
Posted By: tzone Re: "New" Ruger Single Six - 08/12/13
Mine is my favorite gun. Period.If I'm in the woods, it's on my hip.
Posted By: RickcNY Re: "New" Ruger Single Six - 08/18/13
The reason they are more accurate with 22mag is the bore is larger than 22lr to accomidate the 22mag. Therefore better accuracy with. The mags
Posted By: Hotload Re: "New" Ruger Single Six - 08/27/13
Originally Posted by RickcNY
The reason they are more accurate with 22mag is the bore is larger than 22lr to accomidate the 22mag. Therefore better accuracy with. The mags

Good info, Thanks,
© 24hourcampfire